Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

onerob wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:30 pm Sounds good :tu:
Thanks, glad you like it! <3

Whats the name of the track on soundcloud?

Oh, it isn't on Soundcloud actually.

Would you like me to put it there? I've been back and forth with which platforms to use, but once I got to the first full album release for that project I kind of neglected Soundcloud. I could put it there though, if you aren't on any of the others.

Hi everybody, i'm new here and as you I think that this synth is really nice...
Nice demo and amazing song on the previous page...

The only problem I have is that I cannot (I dont know why) save presets in Ableton live...
Is this a common issue actually or am I a noob ?

Thank you in advance and congratulations to the developper. :pray:

Aknekd wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:34 am Hi everybody, i'm new here and as you I think that this synth is really nice...
Nice demo and amazing song on the previous page...

The only problem I have is that I cannot (I dont know why) save presets in Ableton live...
Is this a common issue actually or am I a noob ?

Thank you in advance and congratulations to the developper. :pray:
Hey there! Sorry, preset saving just doesn't work. It's one of the reasons this still has to be considered an alpha-state project. In all the projects I've used it for, I've rendered audio each session.

Unfortunately Eugene (the developer) seems to have disappeared entirely. I've tried reaching him through various channels but no response anywhere. Maybe someone that speaks russian could have better luck. For now the verdict seems to be, don't count on this getting finished. Sad, since it really does offer something worthwhile. :(

Thankfully there's many other good options. :tu:

Though this is absolutely unique in every aspect…

Oh for sure. I only said some other options are also good, didn't mean to suggest there exists a direct replacement. ;)

I guess there could be an argument that "unique in every aspect" is an overstatement, since each individual function isn't unique?
I mean, phase distortion, non-linear filters, formant filters, noise AM, random modulation... it's not like each of these features in isolation is all that novel. But the way they combine and interact definitely makes Crust stand out. I'm pretty sure any disagreement between us is just semantics.

Saying a secret prayer here that Eugene re-emerges to finish this. :)

Hey guys!
It is true that I almost completely disappeared - I've logged in to my vk.com account for the first time in months to find a message in the inbox that says that people here think I'm missing :)
I tried to find time to update Crust and Ribs during the last several years, but that was problematic. In fact, I had not released a single personal creative project I did since then (and there's a bunch of interesting ones). It was pissing me off for a long time.
I can't make any promises. But I'm still writing down ideas for Crust and Ribs from time to time. For now one thing is for sure - it will not be just an update. Large pieces of code have to be rewritten for a number of technical reasons.
A friend of mine still teases me every once in a while when I mention that I did something
- "That's all good but when will you fix the damn preset bug in Crust?"
- "I hope one day I will, man."
Damn time management.

Hey! Good to hear you're alive. :)

1eqinfinity wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:42 am Hey guys!
It is true that I almost completely disappeared -
Great to hear from you. Maybe creativity is what can get us over difficult times…

The new version of DDMF Metaplugin has it's own preset manager. If you use Crust inside Metaplugin, you can save it as a preset then! Works fine for me so far.

1eqinfinity wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:42 am I can't make any promises. But I'm still writing down ideas for Crust and Ribs from time to time.
I just need to say, I miss Crust a lot, as it doesn't work anymore on my new Macbook Pro (M2). I would happily test any update, I would even try to help out compiling it in XCode... (Not too experienced though...)
We could eventually even get a AUv3 version for iOS, which would allow for some extra income through the appstore...

I'm super late to the party with this one, just discovered this hidden gem today. I've tested it in both Kushview Element and Reason with Windows 11. No session recall or patch saving issues so far with these. And it sounds great. I like it has extended ranges on all the controls, so much like Tranzistow and Cadmium tiny adjustments of the knobs go very far and the sound palette is quite broad.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”