Why do people here hate on cherry audio?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:52 am Their plugins do seem to rely on oversampling the entire signal chain to hide aliasing and other issues, which is a kind of brute force inefficient and CPU intensive method of doing things. Ideally you'd have to use 4X oversampling to get good quality but then it quickly kills your CPU as you add more instances. Better anti aliasing, ZDF filters and only using oversampling internally in the parts of the signal chain where it matters would make them a lot more appealing.
That's the other clincher, they sound like freeware, but use massive amounts of CPU. The oversampling if they are using it, isn't working to me. I just don't get the appeal?

I think they would do better to not emulate old hardware and try to come up with stuff that's new. No one cares that much if Absynth or Massive X doesn't sound analog.

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:14 am ⬆️ that doesn’t justify hate though, which is what the OP is asking
"Hate" as a term in 2022 is completely worthless. Any basic criticism is very quickly labelled as "hate". Also, criticism does NOT have to be constructive. It's nice of the person if he/she/hen/<insert 20 others here> gives constructive criticism but it is not mandatory for a society to function. Sometimes it's even impossible when it comes to subjective things like sound.

I think the basic sound quality of pretty much everything they've done isn't great. It's the main reason I never bothered buying anything from them and why I don't even use the freebies. I don't know what causes their stuff to sound bad to my ears so I can't really give constructive criticism. Unfortunately.

.. go ahead, label me as a "hater". :hihi:
Last edited by bmanic on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

You just expressed your criticism in a very reasonable and civil way.

That's not what is meant with hate, or "haters". There are definitely those. But, not every criticism is hate.

bmanic wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:53 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:14 am ⬆️ that doesn’t justify hate though, which is what the OP is asking
"Hate" as a term in 2022 is completely worthless. Any basic criticism is very quickly labelled as "hate". Also, criticism does NOT have to be constructive. It's nice of the person if he/she/hen/<insert 20 others here> gives constructive criticism but it is not mandatory for a society to function. Sometimes it's even impossible when it comes to subjective things like sound.

I think the basic sound quality of pretty much everything they've done isn't great. It's the main reason I never bothered buying anything from them and why I don't even use the freebies. I don't know what causes their stuff to sound bad to my ears so I can't really give constructive criticism. Unfortunately.

.. go ahead, label me as a "hater". :hihi:
that's because like most colloquial language that comes from urban culture, it gets co-opted and misconstrued over time...the original use of "hater" was someone who was envious of another and because of that envy tried to stand in the way or demonstrably stop their success..."hating" is active not passive...most people who think they have "haters" don't;....they just have people who don't like them or disagree with them...two very different things...not liking or criticizing someone/something, whether constructive or non-constructive like you point out, is not "hating"...You have a whole demographic of young people that don't know how to think critically because they are scared of being perceived, even by themselves, as "haters"...serious problem
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Lots of haters here though (usually targetting the top tier companies in the business).

Lots of ass kissers as well (usually targetting the small businesses with self proclaimed forum gurus).

Mostly, it's people who do both at the same time.

Well, whatever. I stopped caring a while ago. KVR is what it is.

I think the only problem is that they market their synth as emulations which they aren’t otherwise they would sell them in the same price range as everybody else

i hate fruit and anything named after any fruit.

f**k you pineapple studios :x

SebAV wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:31 pm I think the only problem is that they market their synth as emulations which they aren’t otherwise they would sell them in the same price range as everybody else
So what you are saying is because something isn't expensive, it can't be any good? :dog: FFS
There are so many idiotic comments on KVR at the moment.

Seriously, genuine question, help me here. I'm a 54 year old male. Is it a generational thing? Am I not understanding comments on here made by millennials? Is it a gender thing? I really have no idea. Educate me if that's what required. :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

you're 54 :o

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:37 pm
SebAV wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:31 pm I think the only problem is that they market their synth as emulations which they aren’t otherwise they would sell them in the same price range as everybody else
So what you are saying is because something isn't expensive, it can't be any good? :dog: FFS

Seriously, genuine question, help me here. I'm a 54 year old male. Is it a generational thing? Am I not understanding comments on here made by millennials? Is it a gender thing? I really have no idea. Educate me if that's what required. :shrug:
Yeah. That's not what Seb said.

Also. You're 54!?!?!? :shock: How the hell does that happen?
vurt wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:39 pmyou're 54 :o

Unaspected wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:53 pm

i honestly thought early/mid twenties.

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:57 pm
Unaspected wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:53 pm

i honestly thought early/mid twenties.
Nah. I knew ramseysounds was experienced. He's got a whole kitchen show and stuff under his belt. Got to be in his 50s by now.

Unaspected wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:53 pm Yeah. That's not what Seb said.
He said that it can't be an emulation if it is inexpensive. :o

I guess the the word "hate" is regional/generational terminology for the word "criticize" it was used that way when I made the post.

I haven’t demo’d any other synth from Cherry Audio other than the DreamSynth and did not dive deeper than the presets.
I looked for a demo of their other synths but couldn’t find one so I dont have much experience with them
I was wondering if the synths sound bad because they do strike me as being on the same level as magware when taken for face value. I was hoping I was wrong because they are so cheap.

also 54 is not old😏
Last edited by Nathanananan on Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”