Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Not yet, currently just Rosetta.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:34 pm Not yet, currently just Rosetta.
What about Native Access? Still Rosetta too?

IIRC NA2 does have an ARM installer, but NA1 not.

nanostream wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:29 pm
sQeetz wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:32 pm
spnc wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:03 pm Hi guys, I've never ventured much into Massive X because I found it quite buggy with macOS/M1 computers.
It runs quite nicely now.
Only if you run your DAW with Rosetta. When running it natively and using Apple‘s AU compability service for x86 plugins, you’ll get hanging notes unfortunately. At least that happens with Live 11.
This drove me nuts in Live 11. Solved by putting this device in front of Massive X

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6 ... tthefuckup

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:09 pm IIRC NA2 does have an ARM installer, but NA1 not.
Yes NA2 does.. and has been working fine for the past few months... was a bit flakey prior to some updates around 2 months ago.

When will it be released approximately? I know that it's been in beta for a while now.

el davo wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:14 pm This drove me nuts in Live 11. Solved by putting this device in front of Massive X

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6 ... tthefuckup
That’s amazing and seems to work. Thank you!

nanostream wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:29 pm
sQeetz wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:32 pm
spnc wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:03 pm Hi guys, I've never ventured much into Massive X because I found it quite buggy with macOS/M1 computers.
It runs quite nicely now.
Only if you run your DAW with Rosetta. When running it natively and using Apple‘s AU compability service for x86 plugins, you’ll get hanging notes unfortunately. At least that happens with Live 11.
You already have an answer, but I just wanted to add that I use Logic/Renoise in native mode and Massive X in compatibility mode and have had no problems so far since I reinstalled it last week. Smooth sailing ;)
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:09 pm IIRC NA2 does have an ARM installer, but NA1 not.
Native Access 2? i only see v1.14.156

dayjob wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:16 am Native Access 2? i only see v1.14.156
Would also like to try it, but it's only available to Komplete Now subscribers (for now)
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

I just want wavetable import support. I don't even need any editing capabilities.

sQeetz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:20 am
dayjob wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:16 am Native Access 2? i only see v1.14.156
Would also like to try it, but it's only available to Komplete Now subscribers (for now)
the customer hierarchy thing is dumb. it's not like i won't give them money again down the line for something. i will never subscribe though.

anyway.. MassiveX sounds great. .yada yada yada.. i don't expect apple silicon native versions from NI and some other stragglers for quite some time. i wish them well and hope they don't encounter too many hurdles between now and then.

sQeetz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:20 am
So even if Massive X were released as Apple Silicon native, I wouldn't be able to install it without Rosetta unless I were a Komplete Now subscriber.

Given all of the issues and necessary updates that most NI software needs I find it a little disconcerting that many of the updates now seem to be focused on improving the subscription experience…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:53 am Given all of the issues and necessary updates that most NI software needs I find it a little disconcerting that many of the updates now seem to be focused on improving the subscription experience…
I agree :(
They have promised us Vst3 Support in Maschine since 2020 and still soon to be 3 Years later they only have it supported with their own Plugins and not 3rd party Plugins.

Return to “Instruments”