Waiting for What in 2022?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:10 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:59 pm2023.
my dad use to say dont wish your life away
oh, because i was serious... :roll:

I'm waiting for various pedals and other effects that nobody around here has ever heard of probably, to become available again.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:12 pm
oh, because i was serious... :roll:
Don't roll your eyes away. :roll:

I am waiting for the CLAP. Specifically for when Reaper supports this format and more plugins start being updated and released with support for it.

apocalypse
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

foosnark wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:12 pm The main thing I'm waiting on is my Miezo 18 from Maurizio Uber Basses. They're all built to order, but mine is fairly standard (5-string, raintree body, ovankgol fretboard, dual coil pickup). It's been about 2 months so far, and the typical wait time seems to be 3ish.
Not seen those before, nice and reasonable price too. I'm going to be travelling a fair bit this year too...

im glad i don't need fancy strings like that. i would like to have a violin though, in which case i now know where to get strings. :tu:

resynthesis wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:28 pm
foosnark wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:12 pm The main thing I'm waiting on is my Miezo 18 from Maurizio Uber Basses. They're all built to order, but mine is fairly standard (5-string, raintree body, ovankgol fretboard, dual coil pickup). It's been about 2 months so far, and the typical wait time seems to be 3ish.
Not seen those before, nice and reasonable price too. I'm going to be travelling a fair bit this year too...
Ooh, piccolo bass! Looks like a blast to play, and would encourage some unorthodox arrangement. They do also have some full-range travel models, as well...

My mum used to say the same thing but I think with vurt she'd be willing to make an exception.

Anyway, right now I'm waiting (patiently) to get home so I can hook up the Genelec 8010s that were delivered today. I found some used ones on eBay for half the price of a new pair (they are horrendously expensive new in Australia) and I couldn't resist.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

mumpcake wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:15 am Decent preset management in Massive X.
New ICM components in Guitar Rig 6.
Yes, and Madrona Sumu

What to expect... my list:
- preset browser in Sylenth
- more Korg plugins
- Omnisphere3 or more Sonic Extensions
- Unify new versions
- new Serum version
- new Vital version
- new Avenger version

Psychic Modulation Phonec 3. :hyper:

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:18 am Anyway, right now I'm waiting (patiently) to get home so I can hook up the Genelec 8010s that were delivered today. I found some used ones on eBay for half the price of a new pair (they are horrendously expensive new in Australia) and I couldn't resist.
I also own a pair; I'm curious what do you think of them.

I'm sure they'll be awesome, my only concern is whether or not they'll be loud enough.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:18 am
My mum used to say the same thing but I think with vurt she'd be willing to make an exception.
i thought you were raised by wolves or something?

e@rs wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:36 am
BONES wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:18 am Anyway, right now I'm waiting (patiently) to get home so I can hook up the Genelec 8010s that were delivered today. I found some used ones on eBay for half the price of a new pair (they are horrendously expensive new in Australia) and I couldn't resist.
I also own a pair; I'm curious what do you think of them.
As usual, nothing went according to plan. The speakers turned up with no cables or the little iso-pods they need to sit on. I got a pair of iso-pods overnighted to me from the distributor in Melbourne and today I braved the pissing rain to grab some power and XLR cables. But I got them up and running about half-an-hour ago!

So far I've listened to half-a-dozen things - a bit of Killing Joke, some Zero Defects and Dance or Die - things I know really well. I have to say the Genelecs sound very different to what I'm used to and it's not all good. They have a lot less bass than the JBLs I've been using but the detail and punch in the sound is amazing. They are also really f**king loud! I've had to turn both themmusic player and my I/O device down from 100% to 50% and they are still louder than the JBLs, which are louder than the Eris 3.5s they replaced.

At the moment I am listening to our last album and, so far, everything is sounding really good. The clarity is incredible. There are little things I knew were there but were hard to make out in parts, but through these speakers I can hear it all. I am very impressed.

That said, I don't want to listen to music on them, the bass is a bit absent, but they are so tiny I have managed to set them up either side of my laptop. So I can keep the JBLs in place, further back, as well. The EVO 8 has two sets of outputs so it will be great to have two pairs of monitors to work with. It was a lot of money to spend but I am extremely happy with what I've got. I'm not sure I'd be as happy with the lack of bass if I'd paid full price, though.

I have mine on K&M desktop mic stands at ear level, as those small rubber feet are useless at this size and can't be tilted too much with the big connectors of audio cables in place.

Totally agree about the surprisingly detail and punch. And the clarity... watching scary movies on these... wow! They're very loud indeed for their ridiculous size.

About the lack of bass, maybe try placing them closer to a wall or whatever you call a wall on a boat. I have mixed feelings about this, in my rather large untreated room the bass varies a lot depending on my listening position; there are many spots where it's unbelievable that there's no subwoofer involved (most probably low frequencies amplified by the room, but still, there's something to be amplified in the first place...).

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”