2022: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2022)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:13 pm i still need to do a deep dive with wogglebug.
I think I used it as a clock more than anything before I sold it the first time. But patching CV (envelopes especially) into Ego and using the Woggle CV output for a variation on that was pretty fun.

Where I never went with it much was the audio outputs or PLL patching. That's definitely something I want to explore more.

Got all my new stuff skiffed up, looks very themed. Shame about the bloody mult, but it's too useful to lose.
smallrack_small.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

nice! i don't even know what most of that is!!!

that's what i love about modular, so many options :D we can all have our dream machine!!! :wheee:

that looks like a Tesseract Selam, how is it? i feel like it'd be nice to have, but not at 18hp.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:15 pm that looks like a Tesseract Selam, how is it? i feel like it'd be nice to have, but not at 18hp.
Not used it in anger yet, but I think 18hp isn’t too bad for six envelopes/LFOs.
It’s the same size as the Behringer system 100 clone dual envelope modules I have.

I listed out all the modules in another place
a second O&C with hemispheres, a Befaco Muxlicer for gate stepping, a Westlicht Performer - beast of an 8 track sequencer in a tiny form factor, a Tesseract Trig31 for converting CV triggers to MIDI notes to pass out of the rig to my DAW and mainly on to my Rytm, a Tenderfoot Quad Quantizer for keeping a grip on pesky scales, a Tesseract VS Logics nice cheap dual logic module, a Tesseract Selam offers six function generators in 18hp for all kinds of uses and I ran out of room in my other rack so my Doepfer passive multiple is there to spoil the colour scheme because the goal of perfection is a pointless folly or something.

Are you safe?

New Boss EV-30 pedal came today - I know what you think, little expression pedal, who cares! But the Rockotron expression pedal was used extensively with the Prologue on this:

https://soundcloud.com/constructed-id/t ... al_sharing

Used the Tenderfoot Quad Quantizer today properly for the first time, rigged it up to three channels of CV from my 960 and another from a 182. What I hadn't realised is I can just pass it CV and it will fire triggers from CV without needing to be fed a trigger or gate, really useful to cut down on cables. Was going to be saying sayonara to the 960, but had such a blast using it with that quantizer I think it'll stick around. Neutron will have to be the next one to disappear instead back to its own case.

Are you safe?

Got to the end of my spend-a-thon. Was going to hold out for a Tesseract Sweet Sixteen, but landed a reasonably priced AtoV 16n Faderbank off Reverb. Biggest benefit is that it comes in a case so I don't need to find room in my rack for it.

Oh and I also picked up a cheap Ripples clone filter and it sounds really good.

Now I need to start selling stuff!

Are you safe?

I'm kinda thinking about getting a spring reverb again. This is probably a bad idea because I sold the one I used to have when I realized Twangstrom could match its sound so closely I couldn't tell them apart in an A/B test.

The other thing I'm interested in is AtoVproject's cDVCA... definitely not just a VCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbBH62DAT9Q

I played with that concept a little bit a while back, but this is a really good implementation of it. I'm going to experiment a bit and then maybe I have to grab one of these.

I've now had 4 packages lost or damaged in the last 2 months, at a loss of about $8500. I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer trust UPS or Fedex at all. I'm still waiting to get the insurance money from UPS for the package they lost at the beginning of May. I'll only be doing in person pickup/drop-off or DHL/courier service from now on. This is gonna have a huge impact on my burgeoning synth repair service but it is what it is.
My UPS carrier literally said that if I care about a package I should use DHL.

Jesus, that sounds like someone has spotted you’re shifting small expensive things. I’d be tempted to put some tracking tags inside stuff if that was happening that regularly.

Are you safe?

justin3am wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:06 pm I've now had 4 packages lost or damaged in the last 2 months, at a loss of about $8500. I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer trust UPS or Fedex at all. I'm still waiting to get the insurance money from UPS for the package they lost at the beginning of May. I'll only be doing in person pickup/drop-off or DHL/courier service from now on. This is gonna have a huge impact on my burgeoning synth repair service but it is what it is.
My UPS carrier literally said that if I care about a package I should use DHL.
That sucks, I never received a couple pedals from Germany, lost by the USPS who said they were
sorry about it, way too long after it was possible to file any claim. Only about $400 for me, nothing
next to $8500 of course, but it seems like the pedal developer is going to stiff me on it as well.
So yeah, I dunno what to say about that, shipping stuff sucks balls these last couple years since covid seems like. These services really need to be held accountable, pretty sure it's often not
even possible to take out enough insurance to cover the cost of many items, and they don't
care at all, ooops sry, looks like I lost your stuff, silly me.
Last edited by pekbro on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shit, thats f**king terrible.

One package, packed and shipped at my local UPS store somehow never got picked up from the shop. It just disappeared. I'm probably going to have to go to small claims over this one as UPS says that it's the store's responsibility.
A customer who hired me to repair a module for him, shipped to my home via FedEx. When I signed for the package I noticed a hole in it and nothing in the box. The carrier just said "file a claim' and left.
I shipped a module back to a customer via UPS and that package arrived destroyed, despite being very well packed, double-boxed.
I ordered a module and asked them to ship to my office via FedEx. The carrier delivered to the wrong address and got a signature from some rando. Talked to everyone in the building and no one got the package.

It's crazy because I ship and receive stuff several times a week, every week. Never had an issue like this. I've had very good customer service from FedEx in the past. Some bad experiences with UPS support but no lost packages and the people at my local UPS store have always been helpful.
Honestly, I've had the best luck with USPS.

It's tough because it's likely a result of individuals who are underpaid/overworked messing up but the companies do not care and hope I will just let it go. The hoops I've had to jump through, just to be acknowledged. It's depressing but I'm not deterred.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”