Monark is seriously impressive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark

I'm a TheLegend user and happy with its AVX optimization :)
Waiting for the day Monark becomes real native instrument.
Does anyone know why Super8 had native upgrade from Reaktor ensemble?

Probably to make it more widely available. Not everyone wants to install Reaktor (Player).

Would be nice if they updated Monark as standalone as well. Super 8 got quite a performance boost from the native version.

DNnX wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:53 pm Does anyone know why Super8 had native upgrade from Reaktor ensemble?
It's still running Reaktor in the back end, it's not exactly "native". Just looks like that.
chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:59 pmSuper 8 got quite a performance boost from the native version.
Super 8 got the performance boost because it's polyphonic, and in Core voices that are not active can be stopped from receiving the clock, so they don't spend CPU. Same optimization is not possible with Monark.

Ah.. right. I remember that you already posted that once, but, I always forget such things. :)

I never use Monark because it's Reaktor. When I tested it out I thought it sounded awesome. I should test it vs legend to see which I like better. I hope they make it native. I hate using Reaktor stuff.

I mean... you can just make a track template already set up with Monark. Really not that different from using a plugin.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:26 pm I mean... you can just make a track template already set up with Monark. Really not that different from using a plugin.
Not if you want to exchange the plugin

Well, certain hosts also have FX/device presets too...

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm
DNnX wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:53 pm Does anyone know why Super8 had native upgrade from Reaktor ensemble?
It's still running Reaktor in the back end, it's not exactly "native". Just looks like that.
chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:59 pmSuper 8 got quite a performance boost from the native version.
Super 8 got the performance boost because it's polyphonic, and in Core voices that are not active can be stopped from receiving the clock, so they don't spend CPU. Same optimization is not possible with Monark.
Thanks, that's very interesting info for me!

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:26 pm I mean... you can just make a track template already set up with Monark. Really not that different from using a plugin.
Nah, I'm good. I'm not gonna make a track template that's separate from my other plugins for one synth. Maybe if I find more cool Reaktor stuff.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm

It would' be helpful if Super 8 could become Super 12 🌞

Is the original Massive also running Realtor in the back end ?
No auto tune...

I'm using Electric Bass preset in Monark more and more.

I usually load it up in Komplete Kontrol, so that I can easily do a bit of knob twiddling after recording a few passes.

It's great.

k

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:31 amIt would' be helpful if Super 8 could become Super 12 🌞
Heheh. The original Reaktor version could. :)
digitalboytn wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:31 amIs the original Massive also running Realtor in the back end ?
Nope!

The Reaktor version has the advantage of being editable on the patch level. Unfortunately I skipped the Komplete version that had the Reaktor Super 8. It does not authorize though I own Super 8…

Return to “Instruments”