Hey IK, When You Finally Do MODO Guitar...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:22 am
jamcat wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:43 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:26 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:25 pm yeah, but when your computer crashes, yer screwed. Besides, gee-tar playing is much more impressive to the babes than twiddling parameters.
I'm 61 years old and married for 34 years. I'm not looking to impress any babes.
Not with that attitude, you're not!
Excuse me bud. I've been married for almost 38 years. The only person I have to impress I did a long time ago. So you can go take YOUR attitude and shove it.
It was joke. Don’t go all Will Smith on me! :-o
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Yeah I don't think 2022 is the year of the MODO GUITAR.

C'mon IK, prove us all wrong. Prove us wrong.

Prove us wrong.

MODO BASS 2 is nice and all that but we've been waiting for over half a decade for the guitars now.

C'mon IK, C'mon C'mon.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:07 am Yeah I don't think 2022 is the year of the MODO GUITAR.

C'mon IK, prove us all wrong. Prove us wrong.

Prove us wrong.

MODO BASS 2 is nice and all that but we've been waiting for over half a decade for the guitars now.

C'mon IK, C'mon C'mon.
Yeah, IK - YOU GOT THIS! Modo Guitar 2022! :band:

First they have to finish the Modo trombone, but it seems hard as it takes so long…
Or it is the Modo piano, but they struggle to get it even close to Pianoteq…

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:39 am First they have to finish the Modo trombone, but it seems hard as it takes so long…
Or it is the Modo piano, but they struggle to get it even close to Pianoteq…
Silly, IK - we want Modo GUITAR, NOT Modo trombone!

Bring it!

Would a Modo triangle calm you down until it arrives? With an introductory price of 129 Euros maybe? You get a lot of cabinets and distortion with it, should sound like a distorted guitar easily…

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:38 am Would a Modo triangle calm you down until it arrives?
Absolutely not!

benjamind wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:07 am Yeah I don't think 2022 is the year of the MODO GUITAR.
SSG7 V is the closest, while it emulates a 7 string guitar through synthesis and not samples.
While it's amp and cab modelling aren't it's strong points, nothing stops you from put it through a better Amp sim, it does everything Shreddag can do.

Xhun's Ironaxe is another option but it's still only 32bit.
For acoustic Sampleson's Akoustic is very good.

Rob Papen's RG, Sugar Byte's Guitar synths aren't very intuitive to use.
Lastly another option when waiting for MODO Guitar (if ever) is to use MODO Bass's 6 string and put it through a pitch shifter up one octave, but you're reduced to single notes, maybe you could do chords in 4ths. I'm going to have to try that. :ud:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

I had very good results putting AAS Strum through Guitar Rig. I guess if you are a fan of IKM, they have enough cabinets and fx to make everybody happy…

Any guitar VSTi needs to have total control over which strings+frets you're playing, the way MODO BASS or RealGuitar does. That's a bare minimum requirement.

SSG7 V looks usable, and KMG7 V sounds a little better to my ears, but they're Windows only.

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:07 am I had very good results putting AAS Strum through Guitar Rig. I guess if you are a fan of IKM, they have enough cabinets and fx to make everybody happy…
I will have to have a try AAS Strum again maybe I miss something. I think there was a lot missing.
I was looking at Chromaphone for drum sounds but I think it works best for sound design and rompler sampling (not what I wanted) and to operate as a 'full kit' I would have to run 3 or 5 instances and sync the midi triggering them to work like Modo Drum, but that's another topic.
~A.Rand

jamcat wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:56 am Any guitar VSTi needs to have total control over which strings+frets you're playing, the way MODO BASS or RealGuitar does. That's a bare minimum requirement.

SSG7 V looks usable, and KMG7 V sounds a little better to my ears, but they're Windows only.
KMG7 V is just another sample rompler.
SSG7 V does do chords, strings & frets control, it's a no brainer under $6 atm.
Not bad for some Japanese music teacher and a JUCE kit, I just imagined what IK and AAS could do if they wanted to do their full synthesis version.
I love MODO Bass, but it still can't do finger tapping, 3 finger raking and hand strumming what I do on my real Bass, so nothing is perfect. I do love the upright basses in version 2.
Last edited by MJACau on Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~A.Rand

MODO BASS can do hammer-ons and pull-offs. Why doesn’t that work for finger tapping?

C'mon IK, MODO GUITAR...let's do it!!!
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

MJACau wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:59 pm
SSG7 V is the closest, while it emulates a 7 string guitar through synthesis and not samples.
While it's amp and cab modelling aren't it's strong points, nothing stops you from put it through a better Amp sim, it does everything Shreddag can do.

Xhun's Ironaxe is another option but it's still only 32bit.
For acoustic Sampleson's Akoustic is very good.

Rob Papen's RG, Sugar Byte's Guitar synths aren't very intuitive to use.
Lastly another option when waiting for MODO Guitar (if ever) is to use MODO Bass's 6 string and put it through a pitch shifter up one octave, but you're reduced to single notes, maybe you could do chords in 4ths. I'm going to have to try that. :ud:
I'll add Wedgeforce Matcha and Keemum to this list, tho I don't have too much experience with either.

Return to “Instruments”