Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

Hello, just trying out 22.4.0 on an iPad (iOS 15.4.1). A couple of AuV3 plugins I’ve using no longer load, just get a blank screen: Sugar Bytes DrumComputer and Koala Sampler. Thanks

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that I’m currently working on a new feature for Wotja 22, which will allow you to manually specify plug-ins to be Blocked from Wotja scanning.

Plug-ins that fail to scan are put in the Block list automatically; this will happen even if Wotja crashes while scanning.

However, if the plug-in crashes a little bit later (due to multi-threading behaviour in the scanned plug-in) we cannot always catch this automatically.

If this happens, you'd need to block what you think is the crashing plug-in manually through our new screen:
- restart Wotja, move the plug-in to the "Block" list, and try another scan.
- repeat until you’ve found the problem plug-in! :)

With best wishes,

Pete

Hi folks,

Wotja 22.5.0 has just been submitted for review.
  • NEW: Plug-in Scanner screen "Block" button that opens a "Select Plug-ins to Scan / Block" screen where you can more easily manage which plug-ins you want scanned and where the ones in the "Blocked" list aren't scanned; Plug-ins that fail to scan are put in the Block list automatically.
  • NEW: Wotja Pak "pak.xml" file now allows the overriding of individual audio sample settings using file-specific override values rather than sample-specific xml files; it supports use of "?" in the pak.xml, at top level or for a file override, which means don't pitch-shift / time-stretch as appropriate; it allows the "file" attribute to reference sub-folder path - the foregoing changes mean it is now *much* *much* *much* easier to create an audio sample Pak - see Wotja Pak Maker!
  • NEW: All Audio Sample Wotja Paks have been updated for V22.5 to take advantage of the changes above, so please re-download if you use them.
  • NEW: "Edit Mix FX..." and "Edit Track FX..." menu options in the Cell Actions menu for a Cell containing an audio sample provide a way to use FX on audio samples.
  • IMPROVED: Reworked the "Wotja Pak Maker" information and incorporated it into a new section of the Wotja User Guide (which is also available in-app).
  • IMPROVED: Added support for 32-bit floating point WAV sample data.
  • IMPROVED: Intermorphic Wotja Paks now use the path "intermorphic/wotja/paks/mypak".
  • IMPROVED: Sorting the LHS panel of the template browser for mounted zip files (e.g. Paks).
  • FIXED: MIDI file recording issues in multi-cell use case.
  • FIXED: Issue where mono audio files (wav/ogg) weren't imported properly.
  • FIXED: If audio loop missing, display cell as red.
  • FIXED: Rare issue handling Scale Rules.
  • FIXED: Rare crash when editing FXM network and selecting FX unit for deletion.
  • FIXED (Android): Issue where "Complete action using" could be shown if you had both Wotja Pro 21 and Wotja 22 Pro installed and you selected a text editor; this issue only affected some devices.
  • FIXED: Opening of old .mixtikl files (from 2008).
  • CHANGED (Android): Temporarily disabled Accessibility support until we can find a solution to the JUCE code issue in that area.
Best wishes, Pete

Awesome, thanks for your tireless work on this!

wasi wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:27 am Awesome, thanks for your tireless work on this!
You're very welcome. 30+ years and lost counting :)

Best wishes, Pete

mcnoone wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:07 am Hi Pete.
I'm having trouble with exporting my creation as midi.
Hi Rod,

I think this'll now be fixed in the Wotja 22.5.0 update.

Best wishes,

Pete

Hi all,

Please take a look here if interested, on the subject of Wotja 23: viewtopic.php?t=583822

Pete

hi pete,
are there to be any more updates to Wotja 22?

edit: nevermind. i just saw the news about 22.6.0 coming soon. :)

JamminFool wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:06 pm hi pete,
are there to be any more updates to Wotja 22?

edit: nevermind. i just saw the news about 22.6.0 coming soon. :)
We're just trying out the 22.6.0 release candidate as I type this :D

Best wishes, Pete

Hi all,

You might be interested to look at our new post, here!

viewtopic.php?t=584262

Best wishes,

Pete

Hi all, I'm sure most of you are up-to-date with Wotja 22 updates, but we're now all the way up to version 22.9.1!

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/releases/#v22-9-1

With best wishes, Pete

I do not see the update in the Microsoft Store. I have v22.9.0 installed
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:23 pm I do not see the update in the Microsoft Store. I have v22.9.0 installed
v22.9.0 appears to be the latest build available in the Microsoft Store. Just updated today.

In past updates there was a lag caused by Microsoft needing to approve an update after it was sent by Intermorphic. Just try again tomorrow...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:32 pm
DarkStar wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:23 pm I do not see the update in the Microsoft Store. I have v22.9.0 installed
v22.9.0 appears to be the latest build available in the Microsoft Store. Just updated today.

In past updates there was a lag caused by Microsoft needing to approve an update after it was sent by Intermorphic. Just try again tomorrow...
Sorry - I should have clarified that 22.9.1 was a bugfix update only for Apple platforms - you're fully up-to-date with 22.9.0 for Windows :)

Best wishes, Pete

Just installed the latest version from the Store on Win11. Despite running as Admin and confirming UAC, it fails to install the VST3. It's not that the location is wrong, because it scans and finds existing VSTs. Is this a known issue, any work-around?

Edit: just found the manual instructions, but the "Show the Wotja VST3 Plug-in" item is missing from the Help menu.

Edit 2: I wasn't a Pro user when I posted this but I am now.

Return to “Instruments”