Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Arashi wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:49 am
nightjar wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:37 pm
Arashi wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:15 amAs the new version has no real improvements, I went back to NA1.
Actually NA2 has thankfully added categories to a header area that is a great improvement.

No longer do you have to wade through tons of Expansions to see what the heck is going on with other products.
That's true. I forgot about the categories. That's the one improvement they made.

However, I still think it's significantly worse than NA1 in almost every way. In list view, product names are truncated unless I make the window almost 1600px wide, which leaves a ridiculous amount of empty space (over 400px) between the size and Install buttons. The whole app is slow too. It takes forever to launch (seriously…like over 30 seconds…way longer than any other software I use), and everything is sluggish, like switching between tabs, changing views, or even just accessing the release notes for a product. It has a "Renderer" process that constantly uses 18% CPU while doing absolutely nothing.

Feels like a crappy web app made by people who don't know what they're doing, because that's what it is (it's an Electron app, and not a very good one). I honestly don't know how they even managed to make such a simple app so slow.
here, it takes a little longer than any other plugin to load, but once it does, it works fine... no sluggishness. and re-opening the plugin is (almost) instantaneous.

for me, tho, the most important thing is the sound of a synth plugin, followed by the UI, and am really into this one. so, a 2-second, one-time load time is no big deal.

fisherKing wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:30 pm
Arashi wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:49 am
nightjar wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:37 pm
Arashi wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:15 amAs the new version has no real improvements, I went back to NA1.
Actually NA2 has thankfully added categories to a header area that is a great improvement.

No longer do you have to wade through tons of Expansions to see what the heck is going on with other products.
That's true. I forgot about the categories. That's the one improvement they made.

However, I still think it's significantly worse than NA1 in almost every way. In list view, product names are truncated unless I make the window almost 1600px wide, which leaves a ridiculous amount of empty space (over 400px) between the size and Install buttons. The whole app is slow too. It takes forever to launch (seriously…like over 30 seconds…way longer than any other software I use), and everything is sluggish, like switching between tabs, changing views, or even just accessing the release notes for a product. It has a "Renderer" process that constantly uses 18% CPU while doing absolutely nothing.

Feels like a crappy web app made by people who don't know what they're doing, because that's what it is (it's an Electron app, and not a very good one). I honestly don't know how they even managed to make such a simple app so slow.
here, it takes a little longer than any other plugin to load, but once it does, it works fine... no sluggishness. and re-opening the plugin is (almost) instantaneous.

for me, tho, the most important thing is the sound of a synth plugin, followed by the UI, and am really into this one. so, a 2-second, one-time load time is no big deal.
I'm usually not complaining too much on UI but in this case, until recently at least, Massive X was practically unusable with powerful ARM M1 MBP, purely because of its bad UI/design. It's very unusual even by NI standards, Kontakt isn't great but it works. Massive X simply sucked back then.

Apparently it got better in the latest fixes, let's keep it that way.

You don't wanna be focusing your attention on anything else than the sound when making music.
Last edited by spnc on Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- delete -

spnc wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:40 pm I'm usually not complaining too much on UI but in this case, until recently at least, Massive X was practically unusable with powerful ARM M1 MBP, purely because of its bad UI/design. It's very unusual even by NI standards, Kontakt isn't great but it works. Massive X simply sucked back then.

Apparently it got better in the latest fixes, let's keep it that way.

You don't wanna be focusing your attention on anything else than the sound when making music.
Just to clarify one more time, I was talking about Native Access 2 being sluggish, not Massive X. I realize this is a Massive X thread, but the discussion for the last couple pages was about the new version of Native Access.
Stormchild

fisherKing wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:30 pm here, it takes a little longer than any other plugin to load, but once it does, it works fine... no sluggishness. and re-opening the plugin is (almost) instantaneous.

Seems my reply was deleted. Just for the record I was talking about Native Access 2 being sluggish. I don’t have any issues with Massive X.
Stormchild

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:30 pm Yes, NA 2 does replace NA 1 on Windows computers. I was a bit afraid initially, but then it turned out to be a smooth upgrade. Things have been normal ever since I installed NA 2. As sQeetz mentions above, the improved categorization is indeed a very nice feature. The overlook is also great IMO.

I just noticed that up until yesterday the icon of NA 2 was purple colour, which probably indicated that it's not a formally released version. Today, it has surprisingly become the same old blue colour like NA 1 and also on app title bar it just says Native Access. So I feel that NA 2 formal release is around the corner. Perhaps next week. :tu:
It's live. ;)

https://community.native-instruments.co ... -2-is-here

Since people are talking about NA2 here, is anyone else facing the issue of third-party NA-registered plugins not being shown in NA2? For example, I have United Audio Artists Scratch Master Pro registered at NA (it's still shown on my NA account on the website), but it doesn't show in NA2.

Nice. I'll let you guys do public beta tests so later I can install it when major bugs will be squashed :)

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:02 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:30 pm Yes, NA 2 does replace NA 1 on Windows computers. I was a bit afraid initially, but then it turned out to be a smooth upgrade. Things have been normal ever since I installed NA 2. As sQeetz mentions above, the improved categorization is indeed a very nice feature. The overlook is also great IMO.

I just noticed that up until yesterday the icon of NA 2 was purple colour, which probably indicated that it's not a formally released version. Today, it has surprisingly become the same old blue colour like NA 1 and also on app title bar it just says Native Access. So I feel that NA 2 formal release is around the corner. Perhaps next week. :tu:
It's live. ;)

https://community.native-instruments.co ... -2-is-here
Well, not really. I wanted to post the same, but then I saw this link:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ve-access/

The installers are still not updated here.

The installer is linked in the thread I linked.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... 1651084223

Which is the same link I shared earlier. ;) However, it is not yet live if you click Native Access from the bottom of the website.

Anyway, I am using it since last few months or so already, so I am good whatever the status.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:00 am Which is the same link I shared earlier. ;)
You're right. You know, I'm a cautious guy, and usually don't touch anything with a "beta" or whatever tag. ;) I simply didn't know that we're merely 1 or 2 days away from a release, although the fact that it was already available for Komplete Now customers should have taught me.

I like it, by the way. It's not any worse or better than version 1, although I hope that it doesn't show the same symptoms as version 1 sometimes did... (although I hardly had any issues with it as of late)

chk071 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:08 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:00 am Which is the same link I shared earlier. ;)
You're right. You know, I'm a cautious guy, and usually don't touch anything with a "beta" or whatever tag. ;) I simply didn't know that we're merely 1 or 2 days away from a release, although the fact that it was already available for Komplete Now customers should have taught me.
I can understand. I am generally cautious too, but I like to jump on things that I like, with the knowledge and confidence that I will be able to get back where I was should anything go wrong.

You can try it out now I guess or maybe wait until next week. :tu:

There's one pitfall, by the way, for people updating from version 1 to 2 on Windows: It will reset your perferences, so, all changes you made to the folders NA installs your plugins and content to will have to be made again.

All your previously installed stuff will remain where it is though, of course.

Yes, that's correct. I had to set all the preferences again.

Return to “Instruments”