One Synth Challenge #161: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Vospi Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... 161-synth1

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #161! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

**Special Note:**
Commercial fx plugins may be used - subject to all other normal fx rules!

One of the best synthesizers of all time, and OSC's first every synth used in a challenge.

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a cash bonus of $50. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: Either 1x NFR software license of either Bioscape or Lunaris, or two soundsets of choice

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Newloops.com : any 3 sound packs of choice (excluding bundles)

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

:D
The Legend returns.....again

Should I download the 1.13 beta or the 1.12 release?

Cool, this plugin is excellent, it’s not long that I know him while he is 20 years old... :ud:
Its interface is ugly (but you can change the colors), but the sound coming out of this plugin can be very good.

On the plugin, at the bottom, click "OPT"
On the right under "Color Customize" you can replace the basic colors with a RGB code.
Replace the "Panel" code with: #6d00ff
and that of "Text" by: #ff00ff
and click OK.

:D :x :)

Or :

Panel : #000000
Text : #f2309d or #0abad1

And :
Panel: #28283c
Text: #c8c8c8

You can also change the size in the (OPT) options

There are also many downloadable preset banks, but also a preset bank manager, Synth1 Librarian (I never used)
Last edited by rilderec on Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

rilderec wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:04 pm On the plugin, at the bottom, click "OPT"
On the right under "Color Customize" you can replace the basic colors with a RGB code.

The original colors are:
Panel: #28283c
Text: #c8c8c8
I liked your "skins"! The one you call "original colors" too, a nice dark purple!) In order to get the original colors of Synth1, you need to uncheck the boxes next to the color selection windows.
I use my own version in calm blue tones:
#b9cbd1
#283a3f
By the way, thanks for the information about dungeon synth last month, I find it very interesting. Synth1 by the way is great for this kind of music. The winner of the first OSC - Kaiyoti set an incredibly high bar for everyone with his epic composition!
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/2009/osc-1-synth1

What I like from such a classic round, is that it's possible to compare to your previous entries and see how much you have improved :)

Wow you're right IV. That's an incredible sound from Kaiyoti. It's like a real orchestra!
Captain Silverpants

The english version doesn't describe effect section, so just in case you have trouble (i doubt it^^)

ctl1 & 2
analog disto 1&2, digital disto : amount of distortion | Lowpass filter cutoff point
deci.: Sampling rate| Bitsize (watch for volume spikes especially with that control, limiter my savior)
Ring mod: Mod speed | Unused control
Comp: Amount of comp.|Attack Time
Other effects are phasers

Good one. And commercial plugs allowed - so everyone who took advantage of the sales last month has a chance to play with all the new toys. Thanks Richard and BJ!

Actually not so good. Won't open on my Mac.....
I get an unknown developer message in Logic

Do commercial fx include ones with modulation? Can I use Replika XT or Echobode?
Edit: Oh wait, rules still apply. Is a filter delay ok? What about a little frequency shifting?

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:40 am Do commercial fx include ones with modulation? Can I use Replika XT or Echobode?
Edit: Oh wait, rules still apply. Is a filter delay ok? What about a little frequency shifting?
I would say a filter delay is ok, frequency shifter not. As it is in the modulation category (if you blend about of the dry version it can get really interesting effects)

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:40 am Do commercial fx include ones with modulation? Can I use Replika XT or Echobode?
Frequency shifting falls under the prohibition against "Effects that pitch the sound".
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

I have only MacBook Air at my disposal right now and it seems that the UI of Synth1 is just blank. Maybe someone here knows if there's a remedy for that?

Return to “Instruments”