NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:09 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:36 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:52 am That said, last time they did a pre-release half price sale for K13.
Not quite sure what you mean by this.
Last time in September they did a 50% off sale for K12 upgrades when they announced K13, with a free update to K13 on release in October. Marvellously, this actually worked if you already owned K12 - so everyone got the half price upgrade sale in the pre-release period.
Actually, NI did not do a 50% sale themselves in September. They would never do it again especially after having it done in June. It's that there were copies of K12 still available with discounted prices at various dealers, which publicly announced about the free grace period (which I believe is typically there but it's just not made public) to K13 if you registered your copy during September.

So, if you grabbed that discounted copy (full/update/upgrade) and registered it (a fresh new serial number) after K13 was announced on September 1st, you got a free equivalent upgrade upon the release of K13 on October 1st.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 amActually, NI did not do a 50% sale themselves in September. They would never do it again especially after having it done in June. It's that there were copies of K12 still available with discounted prices at various dealers, which publicly announced about the free grace period (which I believe is typically there but it's just not made public) to K13 if you registered your copy during September.

So, if you grabbed that discounted copy (full/update/upgrade) and registered it (a fresh new serial number) after K13 was announced on September 1st, you got a free equivalent upgrade upon the release of K13 on October 1st.
Ah yes, that sounds right. Thinking about it, you could probably buy the current sale versions right now and not register them til the K14 grace period starts, but it would be a bit of a risk.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:48 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 amActually, NI did not do a 50% sale themselves in September. They would never do it again especially after having it done in June. It's that there were copies of K12 still available with discounted prices at various dealers, which publicly announced about the free grace period (which I believe is typically there but it's just not made public) to K13 if you registered your copy during September.

Ah yes, that sounds right. Thinking about it, you could probably buy the current sale versions right now and not register them til the K14 grace period starts, but it would be a bit of a risk.
Yes, indeed. Same with any updates/upgrades available anywhere during the months leading to K14 release. I think the risk could be well worth it. Maybe NI themselves want that, because for one, people would be mad to pay non-discounted upgrade prices to K14 after having just bought K13.

Actually the CE update right now is £449, which isn’t super-tempting.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I feel like a fool. cuz I just upgraded from select to 13uce, I love it, but I really want 14 and do not want to Wait till June for the 50% off sale. So How do I play this smart to get the biggest sale the earliest time?

yossipiano wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:28 pm I feel like a fool. cuz I just upgraded from select to 13uce, I love it, but I really want 14 and do not want to Wait till June for the 50% off sale. So How do I play this smart to get the biggest sale the earliest time?
This is the safest way to go, there is no way to know if they are going to offer a grace period for sure as far as I know

yossipiano wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:28 pm I feel like a fool.
You don't have to. NI didn't really announce K14 yet, so, everything in this thread is speculation.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:10 pmNI didn't really announce K14 yet, so, everything in this thread is speculation.
This is true. I’d give it only a 99% chance of being broadly correct.

Being able to use an unredeemed upgrade licence of the version you already have - that’s a bit more flaky. 70%?
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

The transition to Apple Silicon is going to determine a few things. EG How likely is it they'll bring products like Absynth or FM8 over to a new Komplete? If they ditch some legacy stuff what changes will they make to keep present bundles attractive? Without major efforts those changes are coming, whether this year or next..

Hopefully, if they version bump Kontakt, it's a justified update and not just a cash grab for native AS support. I only really use NI's products for legacy stuff now (mostly Kontakt / Reaktor). It likely makes more sense for me to ditch the bundles, at this point, and just use individual licenses.. :shrug:

PAK wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:11 am The transition to Apple Silicon is going to determine a few things. EG How likely is it they'll bring products like Absynth or FM8 over to a new Komplete? If they ditch some legacy stuff what changes will they make to keep present bundles attractive? Without major efforts those changes are coming, whether this year or next..

Hopefully, if they version bump Kontakt, it's a justified update and not just a cash grab for native AS support. I only really use NI's products for legacy stuff now (mostly Kontakt / Reaktor). It likely makes more sense for me to ditch the bundles, at this point, and just use individual licenses.. :shrug:
The only NI product that is currently Apple Silicon native is Kontakt, and it was a free update.

IMO it will determine when K14 comes out, how much of their lineup they can bring over. Battery and Massive X, the FX collections, Reaktor and all it's dependent stand alone products is a must. My guess is Massive, Absynth, and FM8 might just be stuck at VST2 on both OS's, and Intel only on Mac. NI have never been that great at mitigating bad publicity, but a paid upgrade with only mediocre benefits for Windows users and lost future compatibility for Mac users means IMO that Komplete 14 will be a ways off from their normal cycle, and with at least some sort of upgrade to Battery, Massive X, Reaktor and the like. This has been the way in the past, compatibility has come in paid upgrades, but usually with some bonus.

Massive is VST3...
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:42 am Massive is VST3...
Interesting, I don't have it installed, but I thought only Massive X and Kontakt were.
[edit] Cool, looks like NI are lot further along with VST3 than Apple Silicon, Reaktor be dammed..
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... s-Plug-ins

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:37 amThe only NI product that is currently Apple Silicon native is Kontakt, and it was a free update.
Not surprising it'd be first priority, but a good sign when they didn't version bump for the cash grab..
NI have never been that great at mitigating bad publicity, but a paid upgrade with only mediocre benefits for Windows users and lost future compatibility for Mac users means IMO that Komplete 14 will be a ways off from their normal cycle
You might well be right. Though the obvious possibility is that they'd introduce stuff from the (now partnered) companies into Komplete to make it up.

They have so many instruments already, I'd rather see some improvements to existing products in lieu of new stuff (although new stuff is obviously a lot more marketable than usability improvements to old stuff). In particular, resizeable GUIs for the old instruments and a general improvement to the Kontakt layout/interface would be swell.

I wish for some Blocks player designed for ease of use, instead of opening ensembles in default Reaktor environment.
Graphical browser with drag & drop, search by categories and expansions, favourites etc... Like any dedicated modular environment the competition offers.

But, no signs of anything like that on the horizon. Maybe if they decide to revamp the Reaktor altogether ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Instruments”