How much time do you spend talking about making vs actually doing it?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How much time do you spend talking about making vs actually doing it?

How much time do you spend thinking about how other people spend their time? :D

I don't measure how I spend my time. I don't worry about it. I'm sure I "waste" more time playing video games or reading novels than I do visiting music forums. But then I don't have kids, I don't watch TV much, I don't really go out.

But I am making plenty of music. My last album release was on July 1 -- and I've started mastering the next release which I'll schedule for the next Bandcamp Friday, though it'll be ready for release before that. That one is going to be my 3rd release this year, and my 27th since 2018.

A lot of my "talking about music" is during times when I couldn't/wouldn't be making music anyway. As I write this, I'm at work, waiting for the compiler.

Besides, talking about music can be useful and inspiring -- it's not always an excuse for procrastination.

And when it is... does that matter? Isn't it OK to get some enjoyment from the hobby by talking about it, as well as actually doing it? People shouldn't be judged on how much music they're cranking out.

dasen wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:22 pm How much time do you spend talking about making vs actually doing it?
Exactly 1 hour 26 mins and 5 seconds ...

Dunno. I know I don't spend that much time actually doing it.
1. Real life gets in the way.
2. Studio is downstairs underneath living room so I can't just make noise whenever I want without disturbing Mrs Krit
3. The beach is close so the sea takes preference with time off.
4. Doing post grad study currently...just don't have that much spare time.
5. Can't be f**ked in winter as it's too cold down there (I have heating but it takes a while).
6. Dicking around on the internet is easy with limited spare time.

I have plans that I'll do far more music from 2024 onwards. Will have finished post-grad & will never do any more for the rest of my life. I'm 57, should have known f**king better than to start now, have no further career aspirations so this study will do absolutely f**k all apart from add some f**king useless letters after my name ( which I'm not even going to advertise). Bitter...who me? :hihi:

dasen wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:22 pm How much time do you spend talking about making vs actually doing it?
Much more than with asking about how much time I spend talking about making vs. actually doing it. ;)

I make funky ass shit like every single day.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I talk about it a lot, but probably not as much as M wants me to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPoiv0sZ4s4
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I am the music. For me to actually make music would just be secondary glitter.

when i was young i talked about doing it. when i got older i made it probably more than i should. but now i am old and neither do it nor talk about it. and btw i 'think' it still works lol

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

I have a discipline of one beat every week. If I get the urge to make more it'll be a bonus but I have other work commitments.

I generally talk about music every day with dj and other producer friends. We discuss everything and have mutual respect for the varying software and instruments we use.

My good friend creates hard house but loves my hip hop beat productions. A few make drill, grime, hip hop, garage and so on. None of my producer friends make the same music but it's nice having music to listen to that isn't out yet 🙏🏽

One beat a week is a nice discipline for part time producers 🎹

99% creating. 😃

I spend all my time dancing about architecture.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”