VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
andrewbrewer
KVRist
Topic Starter
121 posts since 5 Dec, 2009

Post Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:09 am

Audio demos sound great. Excellent FSU potential. And it’s free! However, my windows won’t let me download due to a virus warning. Anyone have a similar issue? https://lese.io/plugin/codec/

morphex
KVRian
679 posts since 30 Oct, 2003 from Pacific NW, USA

Post Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:46 am

andrewbrewer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:09 am Audio demos sound great. Excellent FSU potential. And it’s free! However, my windows won’t let me download due to a virus warning. Anyone have a similar issue? https://lese.io/plugin/codec/
I've also encountered problems getting to the site on my Mac. Safari keeps notifying me that "this website may be impersonating "lese.io" to steal your personal or financial information. You should close this page."

I haven't had this problem before and I've rather enjoyed using their Sweep filter plug-in. Codec looks like an interesting lo-fi, degradation effect and I'd like to try it. Please post here if someone finds a solution. Thanks!!

Edit: I just tried again and this time I was actually able to log into my account, which I wasn't able to do before. But when I tried to download Codec, the same warning pops up that says "This Connection Is Not Private." I'll try emailing them.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
33110 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:03 pm

Seems to be working fine here on Windows. I used the link above and signed in without any issues.

3lu5iv3
KVRist
470 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:10 am

The default anti virus in Windows 10 warned me about a virus. I didn't extract the zip file cuz i was worried.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

mcbpete
KVRAF
1964 posts since 24 Jun, 2006 from London, England

Post Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:13 am

Quite possibly a false positive but for safety I'd just grabbed the 'no installer' version and just placed the .vst3 in my VST3 folder. Great free plugin and ended up grabbing their paid-for VSTs too as all seemed useful ...

Return to “Effects”