Why do use Logic?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ploki wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:45 am
Yes, some developers have wrappers for VST that pose as AUs. Arturia, Waves, Black Rooster, Fuse Audio

Pretty easy to see as well, if there's a .vst in the AU .component, it's definitely wrapped.
some are less easy to tell :)
Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 11.41.33.png

u-he uses CLAP now, so it's CLAP that poses as AU,VST,AAX.
Thank you! Nice info :)

still don't have access to overlapped notes in multi-region editing
https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/top ... ing-order/ also can't create new notes in nonactive regions https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/top ... -edit-one/
meh :(

ps. finally BlueCat Patchwork has macro/control editor in the new beta
Image so Logic would be useful again otherwise (goes to the MIDIfx slot)
ps2. these are the elements of the UAD Spark pack
https://i.ibb.co/ZxCNsFq/Screenshot-202 ... -16-03.png
if somebody is interested in(mac only)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Love the experience so far :) It was the first host that introduced me to the computer music world and it triggers all the nostalgic feelings of learning Emagic Logic 4 back then in 1999 :D

It was the first thing to install. Just went to the App Store and found my purchased software there! Logic and Model 15 (which has incredible big sound and interface!).
Anyway, after two days, it seems I'm ready to make some music. I like Logic more than Cubase and S1 because it has the simplicity of S1 but with some advanced features like Cubase (talking Midi especially). I've noticed that maybe S1 copied a lot from Logic?! Logic seems with better GUI design than Cubase. It is very well thought of :)

It runs like a dream with the m1 mini Mac (Monterey OS) and I haven't installed any driver! It all work fine, my audio interface (Tascam), midi keyboards and external synths. I have installed Ozone 9, XO, Addictive Drums, Arturia instruments and effects, Korg collection and the new two synths, u-he, Synapse Audio, Tone2, Kilohearts and GForce SEM. But to be honest, I can live only with Logic's instruments! They are amazing. I wish they update the graphics (not only bigger but clearer) of the old icon synths (ES2 and ES1). All works fine although I had my first crash while resizing Farfisa V, but I was just testing and configuring.

It's the only DAW which helps me to Work easily and as a Beginner Logic help me to clear out Every process in Music production. ,

I jumped from Logic to Reaper a few years ago, but yet I'd still recommend Logic to almost everyone if they're on a Mac. The value and quality of the app and its plugins are insane and it works really really well. Only changed as Softubes Console integration ain't optimal in Logic. Sure it lacks some stuff, but so do all DAWs.

I jumped from FL Studio to Logic a few months back, and I’m so glad I did. Logic is so much more intuitive than FL, and I’ve found my creativity has increased massively. My music is far more varied since I jumped ship, thanks to the better workflow, and recording and working with audio is much less of an afterthought in Logic. The bundled Alchemy synth is fantastic and, well, the whole package is an absolute steal at the price.
DAW: Logic Pro Audio Interface: STUDIO 24c Monitors: ROKIT 5 Microphone: AT2020 Computer: iMac 27" Keyboard: LaunchKEY 49

I am not sure if it’s familiarity or otherwise, but I also feel the layout is a lot more organized than other DAWs & generally a comfortable UI

In general I prefer S1, but I still like Logic a lot. It's little long in the tooth in places but overall its a very complete very mature DAW. I never feel like anything is missing or that it can't do something.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Milky-Joe wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:17 am I jumped from FL Studio to Logic a few months back, and I’m so glad I did. Logic is so much more intuitive than FL, and I’ve found my creativity has increased massively. My music is far more varied since I jumped ship, thanks to the better workflow, and recording and working with audio is much less of an afterthought in Logic. The bundled Alchemy synth is fantastic and, well, the whole package is an absolute steal at the price.
Alchemy is an amazing synth! Easily worth the price by itself.

The new Logic Pro Step Sequencer is the best I have used... and it works great with Logic Remote. The new Sampler and Quick Sampler are solid and well made. Auto-sampler is very useful and Drum Machine Designer is also excellent.

Then of course there is the Logic Drummer, excellent tempo mapping, built-in pitch correction, and on and on and on.

The recent major updates have been fresh, creative new implementations. The Logic Pro development team is on it. They are not just going through the motions on an old DAW.

For me it has the best GUI and layout. It feels out of the way.
I use it unless I work with video, in that case I use Cubase. The main reason is I can not use multiple video files on a project. Which is essential to me when doing commercials. I get main and shorts, and it really is hassle doing each version on a different project.
But feels like we are coming to the end of LP 10 cycle and the last bits of old, odd and clunky parts and features will be gone soon.

dumbledog wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:41 pm Well, I didn't know what a DAW was at the time I decided I wanted to start making synth music and bought the Arturia collection back in, uh, 2014, and at this point it's the DAW I understand how to use, so I use it.

Bought Bitwig last year, but I've never really been able to 'bond' with it.
Changing DAWs mostly are not successful. No matter what DAW you chose to switch to. You always find something missing from the DAW you were used to work on.

1. Cheap
2. No paid updates, you always run the latest version (if you want to)
3. Large library with softsynths, effects, samples, loops
4. Some of them are VERY good
5. Drummer (AI)
6. Very Easy to use.

One BIG disadvantage, runs only on Mac

the reason I use logic is just because it's the only one I ever used (or almost) and won't be able to handle another one correctly...

...but I beg you NOT TO REPEAT IT !!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

" Heureux sont les simples d'esprit car le monde est a eux "

:clown: :clown: :clown:

For the most part, I now use Logic for its drums and percussion though I've also used the brass. I think the SoCal drum kit cuts through in the mix better than anything else I've heard. The performance percussion patches are the equally punchy and there are lots of articulations so you can create very realistic tracks. You can even use Autosampler to grab them for use in other programs.

I also will occasionally throw a mix from my other DAWs, sans drums, at Logic's Drummer to see if it comes up with anything interesting that I haven't thought of. Occasionally, it does. I never use the performance verbatim, but I'll take the idea on board.

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:12 pm I also will occasionally throw a mix from my other DAWs, sans drums, at Logic's Drummer to see if it comes up with anything interesting that I haven't thought of. Occasionally, it does. I never use the performance verbatim, but I'll take the idea on board.
I find Drummer useful... it's interactive enough with what I am doing that it isn't immediately mechanical and boring. I always end up changing it later, but it just gets things going without being annoying.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”