Soundtoys 5.3.8 beta1 with VST3 support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The long awaited public beta adding VST3 support has been finally released:

https://storage.googleapis.com/soundtoy ... ?beta=true
Last edited by Sahul on Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Surprised there is nothing on the Soundtoys website about this if its a public release, where is the link from? I would like to see the release notes if there are any.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 am Surprised there is nothing on the Soundtoys website about this if its a public release, where is the link from? I would like to see the release notes if there are any.
I'm guessing because it's a beta and not a public release.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

hurrah, indeed good news to hear that this probably now close..
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Nice!

Does it have scalable UI?

No.
rsp
sound sculptist

Lbdunequest wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:23 pm Does it have scalable UI?
One step at a time!

Those steps are taking too long. Its been more then 2 years since they wrote me in the email that they are working on it...

Lbdunequest wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:47 pm Those steps are taking too long. Its been more then 2 years since they wrote me in the email that they are working on it...
I can't help you there. I can only tell you it's not in this build. But we get M1 support a few months ago, and now VST3 support. Hopefully they are modernizing their codebase and frameworks that resizable GUI's are the next big-ticket feature to add - even if it's only in SoundToys v6.

With Cubase not loading any VST2 plugins when in Apple Silicon mode and Steiny announcing VST2 support is entirely going away in Cubase, clearly VST3 had to become the next big priority for Soundtoys. Sucks if you're using a 4k monitor and these are tiny, at which point, the wait continues. But I understand why M1 and VST3 were done first.

Maybe after this, we'll see SoundToys6 with new GUI's, oversampling, and even some new plugins.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:17 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:47 pm Those steps are taking too long. Its been more then 2 years since they wrote me in the email that they are working on it...
I can't help you there. I can only tell you it's not in this build. But we get M1 support a few months ago, and now VST3 support. Hopefully they are modernizing their codebase and frameworks that resizable GUI's are the next big-ticket feature to add - even if it's only in SoundToys v6.

With Cubase not loading any VST2 plugins when in Apple Silicon mode and Steiny announcing VST2 support is entirely going away in Cubase, clearly VST3 had to become the next big priority for Soundtoys. Sucks if you're using a 4k monitor and these are tiny, at which point, the wait continues. But I understand why M1 and VST3 were done first.

Maybe after this, we'll see SoundToys6 with new GUI's, oversampling, and even some new plugins.
I have a feeling the new updates will be V6. If it's a paid upgrade, i'm out.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:51 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:17 pm

I have a feeling the new updates will be V6. If it's a paid upgrade, i'm out.
Oh I'm pretty sure it will be a paid upgrade, my only fear is, that it'll be horrendously high, like 299$ with a introductury price of 199$ and it would really take some substantial added stuff, besides the scalable gui and oversampling to get me to pay that amount of money. I still dig Echoeboy and few of the other in the pack, but for that amount of money I can get substitutes which are equally or better. But I am absolutely stoked to finally see some progress at Soundtoys (as a windows user the M1 update didn't do anything for me).
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Finally, they learnt how to port to vst3. If I were them, I would've hired somebody considering the amount of money these plugins have made.
Last edited by a9k1tp on Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damn it the beta forum is the one website I check every day and didnt yesterday and I missed the beta release! Gotta wait til Im off work tonight now to install them. Just need Black Rooster to get a move on and PSP to finish up the one plugin Im waiting for and all set on the VST3 train (Im guessing Overloud is never going to update their old Springage plugin, luckily I have a real spring reverb instead).

SLiC wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 am Surprised there is nothing on the Soundtoys website about this if its a public release
Soundtoys.com - VST3 Public Beta
https://www.soundtoys.com/vst3-public-beta/

Return to “Effects”