Soundtoys 5.3.8 beta1 with VST3 support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lanfear wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:03 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 am Surprised there is nothing on the Soundtoys website about this if its a public release
Soundtoys.com - VST3 Public Beta
https://www.soundtoys.com/vst3-public-beta/
Great, thanks
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I hope they allow selecting a subfolder to install to. Unlike xln audio who have totally screwed that process.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

LeVzi wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:51 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:17 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:47 pm Those steps are taking too long. Its been more then 2 years since they wrote me in the email that they are working on it...
I can't help you there. I can only tell you it's not in this build. But we get M1 support a few months ago, and now VST3 support. Hopefully they are modernizing their codebase and frameworks that resizable GUI's are the next big-ticket feature to add - even if it's only in SoundToys v6.

With Cubase not loading any VST2 plugins when in Apple Silicon mode and Steiny announcing VST2 support is entirely going away in Cubase, clearly VST3 had to become the next big priority for Soundtoys. Sucks if you're using a 4k monitor and these are tiny, at which point, the wait continues. But I understand why M1 and VST3 were done first.

Maybe after this, we'll see SoundToys6 with new GUI's, oversampling, and even some new plugins.
I have a feeling the new updates will be V6. If it's a paid upgrade, i'm out.
Of course it's going to be a paid upgrade it's been 7 yrs since v5. Personally I'm more than happy to pay, and support one of the best, with a big history and great support companies. ST is at least in my top 5 loved devs and companies.

The vst3 creates its own subfolder if that is what it means.
I am pretty sure the vst3 is a free update or you mean something else?
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:56 am The vst3 creates its own subfolder if that is what it means.
Rsp
Yeah the beta is v5.3.8 so once this is done, just like the Apple ARM versions, everybody that owns 5 should at least get the new formats for free. The last beta they released during the last run for the ARM stuff ended up being the release version as well. We'll get build increments, but the final will still be 5.3.8.

zvenx wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:56 am The vst3 creates its own subfolder if that is what it means.
Rsp
No I meant the VST3 will be a paid upgrade, but I am hoping i'm wrong.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I am pretty sure it won't be a paid upgrade.
Right now the beta, the public beta runs fine with v5 licenses. I don't think whatever the final version (it may well even be this version if no major bugs are found by the public) is will be different.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yeh, I also think it will be free like the M1 update, its a necessary maintenance update to keep their software running on modern DAWS...not new features. I will have no problem paying for an update when they add new stuff and improve the GUI.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

My feeling is they are getting this stuff out of the way before the next major update, which hopefully is coming given recent messages about preparing accounts for updates

Guys, if you participate on the public beta forum and have a moment for a quick test, please take a look at the issue I reported about the VST3 version of Echoboy, especially if you use Cubase on Windows.

https://beta.soundtoys.com/t/bug-echobo ... a-song/476

Sahul wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am Guys, if you participate on the public beta forum and have a moment for a quick test, please take a look at the issue I reported about the VST3 version of Echoboy, especially if you use Cubase on Windows.

https://beta.soundtoys.com/t/bug-echobo ... a-song/476
Its a Windows only issue, they already got it this morning.

SLiC wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:43 am Yeh, I also think it will be free like the M1 update, its a necessary maintenance update to keep their software running on modern DAWS...not new features. I will have no problem paying for an update when they add new stuff and improve the GUI.
This
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Hopefully, Ableton will release a version that automatically updates VST2 to VST3 versions in older projects. I try to install only VST2 or 3...

VSKZ wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:40 pm Hopefully, Ableton will release a version that automatically updates VST2 to VST3 versions in older projects. I try to install only VST2 or 3...
That has absolutely nothing to do with the DAW. And yes Soundtoys did it right and kept the same plugin IDs.

mothra wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:22 pm
VSKZ wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:40 pm Hopefully, Ableton will release a version that automatically updates VST2 to VST3 versions in older projects. I try to install only VST2 or 3...
That has absolutely nothing to do with the DAW. And yes Soundtoys did it right and kept the same plugin IDs.
The DAW does play a part because a bug was just reported with this not working with plugins that have a hyphenated name on Reaper, so a change was needed there to resolve it. So yeah...it's not entirely DAW-agnostic like you say.

Return to “Effects”