Korg Opsix won't give me the coupon code for Native plugin. Any ideas?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Strange...I upgraded my Wavestate and librarian to the latest version to get the coupon code for crossgrade to the Native plugin for $50. Got bogged down in the driver issue again (forgot about that from last time :roll: ) but ultimately it gave me a coupon code - bought the plugin seamlessly. I go to do the same with my Opsix but it gives me "Invalid Parameter Error" however many times I tried. The Opsix is upgraded to v2.0.0 already, I re-installed the RNDIS driver for USB connection (several times) but still gives me error. I even tried changing the Opsix to NCM and reinstall the appropriate driver, but Librarian won't even recognise the Opsix that way, so I changed it back to RNDIS and reinstall driver. The Opsix is definitely recognised by the Lib - it sends/receives data OK and the hw ID shows up (I even changed the Opsix ID to check it was recognising, and it did)

Can't think of anything else to do. I considered maybe it only recognises older versions of Opsix so I could install back down to an older version, but that sounds crazy - didn't go there. I've emailed Korg support to see if they come up with anything. Anyone else come across this problem getting a coupon for crossgrade? If so, how did you get the coupon?

I was a bit iffy about getting the Opsix Native as I don't really need it, but could be useful and at $50 it's a no brainer. Only have a couple of weeks while the crossgrade lasts. :(
Any help appreciated - I've done everything I can think of, and I ain't no computer whizz that's for sure... :hihi:

Same to me, any solution?

Nah. I haven't come up with anything. Not heard back from Korg yet either. I considered reverting the Opsix back to an older version 1 OS but didn't want to start dicking around too much there. I emailed the main Korg support - I might try emailing the specific Korg Native support. But it's looking like no cheap crossgrade for Opsix...Don't think I want the Native that badly to pay full price for it (I would if I didn't have the hw though). :?

It's good to know it's not just me doing something stupid though...

Now, it worked... Updated the Firmware...to 2.0.1, that was my solution

Aha. When I looked I didn't see a 2.0.1 - must be a new patch. I shall go over to Korg as soon as I get home and update it. Thanks mate. :tu:

Yep, it worked. Downloaded me a nice new Native version today. Thanks.

Does anyone know when the cross grade offer ends, can't see anything on the Korg site.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

I vaguely remember it was April 1 or 2 - it was only a couple weeks or so, not long.

kritikon wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:57 am I vaguely remember it was April 1 or 2 - it was only a couple weeks or so, not long.
Just found it, April 5th.

I vaguely remember it was April 1 or 2 - it was only a couple weeks or so, not long. I tried to find it at Korg, but it's gone. Pretty sure it was a short offer though...

Sorry double post - April 5 is good. Gives you a week to mull it over. My first impression is I very much like the GUI on the Native version. Opsix isn't that difficult anyway, but def easier in Native. :wink:

I found the Korg page after searching again, I was sure I had seen something previously. I already have the Wavestate and cross grade, almost an instant buy. I am on the fence about getting an Opsix. Will need to decide quickly if I want that cross grade cheap too.

I was exactly the same about Opsix - do I really need a plugin, because the hw is pretty straight-forward to program already? Very nearly didn't buy it. But after even only a little play on it - it is very much easier to program and the GUI is great. I'm still not sure I need it but at $50 it's pocket money - no regrets at all. Strangely, my thinking was that I'd more likely use Wavestate Native for patching as the hw is def not that easy. But initial thoughts on the Native one are...doesn't really look that much easier to program - I like that the modulation/env/LFOs etc are easier to get to, but the lanes and wavesequencing stuff - not sure if I find it easier on the hw TBH. I thought it would be the opposite. It kinda drove it home to me how well Korg designed the layout on Wavestate. Even the FX part of it - I find it very quick on the hw. It threw me a little - I was completely 180degrees wrong about Wavestate and Opsix.

Ultimately though, I don't think you'll waste your money by getting both. I'm very happy. At the bare minimum you get 2 proper fully-fledged editors for the hw. Even that's worth $100 IMO. And I suspect there'll be more downloadable 3rd party patches once the Native plugins are settled in - hw patches are a bit more few and far between.

Still working, upgraded to 2.01 and just purchased native with the coupon for $49.

If any owner that doesn't plan to buy plugins wants to get rid of a coupon for any native, ping me please

Return to “Instruments”