CLAP... thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think what teilo is asking for here is for BWS to support arbitrary note expressions if the plugin registers them (like HALion does with up to 8 arbitrary ones). Which is not an unreasonable request.

Yeah or draw polymod curves per voice for any param. Or heck just have all of midi 2! I was just pointing out what it can do today which is: pitch bend per etc voice without implementing mpe through note expressions and polymod on appropriatrly advertised parameters with the bws modulation widgets

Telios request is kinda why I want voice level macros in the surge modulation graph thoigh!

How is the process on the wrappers? clap to VST2/3?!

Great. Inside the team we have a vst3 wrapper working well and will turn to au next

I'm growing the urge to write a little newsblurb to showcase all the things we have already achieved. The wrappers is a part of this, as is the increasing CLAP support in plug-in frameworks such as DPF, iPlug2 and Juce.

You can have Friday off, with pay, to write your newsblurb. Might even get a per-word bonus,
if the boss approves it :wink:

glokraw wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:48 pm You can have Friday off, with pay, to write your newsblurb. Might even get a per-word bonus,
if the boss approves it :wink:
i beliebe he is the... oh.. 8) :lol:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Hehehe, yeah, I guess I am.

I'm just wading through some other stuff, and I'm waiting for our QA to stress test the CLAP-as-VST3 wrapper. Also might get in touch with some people form the team and stuff.

(I wonder if I can send one of our guys for free to Arturia to fill the intern position they just posted for CLAP support...)

Urs wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:55 pm Hehehe, yeah, I guess I am.

I'm just wading through some other stuff, and I'm waiting for our QA to stress test the CLAP-as-VST3 wrapper. Also might get in touch with some people form the team and stuff.

(I wonder if I can send one of our guys for free to Arturia to fill the intern position they just posted for CLAP support...)
At the Arturia offices...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Urs wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:55 pm (I wonder if I can send one of our guys for free to Arturia to fill the intern position they just posted for CLAP support...)
Heh, help them out with Linux as well will you? ;)

Kind of odd that they leave such core infra tasks to interns to figure out.
Cheap labor huh.

little newsblurb would be awsome!

So Arturia is really taking the serious, thats a great thing for CLAP!

I'll try to make some time.

However, before posting any news I'd like our QA to inspect the CLAP-as-VST3 wrapper, to make sure that it fits the workflow I laid out here: https://cleveraudio.org/the-story-and-m ... wrap-it-up

As we had some delays (a build server died on the day of release, making the release impossible, that was four weeks ago), our QA is currently working on our own CLAP implementation, for which we'll publish fresh public betas in a few days - if all goes well.

I'm also going to have a meeting next week where I'll know more about the state of one major CLAP project we're co-sponsoring. Might be good to add that to some kind of news blurb as well.

I was thinking ideally to post a "where we are now" half a year in, maybe that's too long, as we just crossed 4 months sicne the announcement. Some people have been incredibly fast in their adoption. OTOH I miss feedback from others, and maybe a news thing could get me that.

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:43 am I'll try to make some time.

However, before posting any news I'd like our QA to inspect the CLAP-as-VST3 wrapper, to make sure that it fits the workflow I laid out here: https://cleveraudio.org/the-story-and-m ... wrap-it-up

As we had some delays (a build server died on the day of release, making the release impossible, that was four weeks ago), our QA is currently working on our own CLAP implementation, for which we'll publish fresh public betas in a few days - if all goes well.
Including Repro? :hyper:

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:07 pm Including Repro? :hyper:
Not yet. We've added Bazille though.

Repro-5 uses its own dedicated voice management. It's some extra work to add polyphonic modulation to Repro-5, which we'll do once our implementation is production ready in the voice management that Ace, Bazille, Diva and Hive share.

Return to “Instruments”