Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

OK, Yes some things are very subjective. There is no right or wrong way to use Fathom since it is up to the user. I have very sensitive ears and if there is too much aliasing I tend not to like it.

Spectral Modulation requires a lot of CPU power. There is a section in the manual on how to save CPU resources and chapter 11 dedicated to spectral morphing also covers this topic and how to reduce the extreme CPU load of this feature.

Intel AVX gives you 8 detune voices for the CPU price of 2 detune voices. That is the only advantage of AVX. It is just a way of processing detune voices for free. It does not impact speed or performance in any other way.

Spectral modulation does not use Intel AVX2. I did not get a chance to implement that yet. Intel AVX2 has no impact on spectral modulation. Spectral modulation will use GPU processing when I have a chance to do that but it will require some redesign.

Just tried updating from 3.08.2 to 3.08.3 via the plugin's updater thingy but it says 'No server found'. First time I've had this issue though, hopefully just a temporary issue ....

mcbpete wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:22 pm Just tried updating from 3.08.2 to 3.08.3 via the plugin's updater thingy but it says 'No server found'. First time I've had this issue though, hopefully just a temporary issue ....
Same here...

"No server found".
Windows 10 and too many plugins

mcbpete wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:22 pm Just tried updating from 3.08.2 to 3.08.3 via the plugin's updater thingy but it says 'No server found'. First time I've had this issue though, hopefully just a temporary issue ....
Same here...
"No server found".

Has anyone tried emailing support?

Updating through the synth has never once worked for me.

His server is probably turned off or needs a reboot, this happened once before.
Mail support indeed.

@psynical: Why not, can you provide some more info?

psynical wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:56 pm Updating through the synth has never once worked for me.
It has always worked for me as long as the server was up.

RPH wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:39 pm His server is probably turned off or needs a reboot, this happened once before.
Mail support indeed.

@psynical: Why not, can you provide some more info?
Across three different machines over 2 years... No server found.
Current machine is an M1 MBP OS12.5, both in Ableton and Bitwig, no server.

Is Fathom synth EOL?

Just asking for a friend...

psynical wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:04 pm Across three different machines over 2 years... No server found.
Current machine is an M1 MBP OS12.5, both in Ableton and Bitwig, no server.
Strange, after the previous server report I managed to update my version.
That was many months ago.
I'm using a Windows machine, host Reaper, cable internet provider.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:07 pm Is Fathom synth EOL?
AFAIK not, but Everett did mention that sales were down a lot.
He had to take a software engineering job again to pay the bills.

Maybe he's on holiday or so?

RPH wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:36 pm
Strange, after the previous server report I managed to update my version.
That was many months ago.
I'm using a Windows machine, host Reaper, cable internet provider.
Right, it worked here when I upgraded to v3.8.3 a few months ago.

But the server has now been down for at least a week.

"No server found".

RPH wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:38 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:07 pm Is Fathom synth EOL?
AFAIK not, but Everett did mention that sales were down a lot.
He had to take a software engineering job again to pay the bills.

Maybe he's on holiday or so?
Damn, that sales dropped sucks. Fathom has it's edges, but it's one of the very few Synths I would put the label "Innovative" on. The Skip-Cycle Stuff, the latest addition of spectral modulation ... that's features I don't get anywhere else...

This is the IP address Fathom attempts to reach out to when I check for updates here: 96.245.225.2, and using a ping command to that address times out. Trace route also times out.

IP lookup shows this as a Verizon Fios IP located in Philadelphia, PA. That is Fathom home base I believe.

IP lookup here:
https://www.wmtips.com/tools/ip/96.245.225.2

Return to “Instruments”