Tone2 Gladiator v3.5.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gladiator 4

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:52 am We invite you to join the demo-song contest for Gladiator. You got a realistic chance to win a Tone2 Complete Bundle for $999 and other prizes.
https://www.tone2.com/competition.html
I already have everything you make and couldn't live without it. I doubt I could win the contest anyhow. There are some seriously gifted people out there and a lot of them.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I’d love to take part, but the demo songs you’re using are millions miles away from what I’m producing... It seems I’m not doing what you’re looking for I’m afraid...
The sounds are so... raw... :scared:
I don’t know what I can do or not when listening to the demos... :shrug:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Can't install Gladiator in my m1 mini :( It gives me this error:
8A774C89-4ECF-4DD5-9D68-2608C57A8CE8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@Engee:
Confirmed. I had uploaded the wrong file. It did not contain the Apple certificate. It is fixed now.

@DJErmac:
Most of the tracks there were created by myself in a hurry over a decade ago. Don't take them as a reference. Just do your own style.
The purpose why we do the competition is that we need better an new tracks.

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:12 am @Engee:
Confirmed. I had uploaded the wrong file. It did not contain the Apple certificate. It is fixed now.
Thank you. Now it is installed :)

Here are the winners of the competition:

1st prize (Tone2 Complete Bundle for $999): Attila Sebo
2nd prize: Danilo Ferrari
3rd prize: Patrick Finger
4th prize: Freecham

You can listen to a mix of the best tracks here:
https://www.tone2.com/mp3download/Tone2 ... ematic.mp3

These tracks will be also included here:
https://www.tone2.com/gladiator.html

And a BIG THANK you to everyone who took part and submitted tracks!

Gladiator 3.5.4 (free update for PC and Mac)

The update is available for free for all Gladiator 2 and 3 users.
It includes a bigger GUI, many anhancements and native Apple M1 ARM support for Mac.
https://www.tone2.com/gladiator.html

Download link (free update & demo):
https://www.tone2.com/download.html

Big image: https://www.tone2.com/mypic/Tone2_Gladi ... enshot.jpg

New features:
  • Added a huge GUI that is suitable for WQHD or 4K screens.
  • You can select form 6 different sizes for the interfaces (small/ medium/ big, with/without editor).
  • Added a VST3 version for Mac (M1 native and Intel).
  • Added a standalone version for Mac (M1 native and Intel).
  • Completely new AudioUnit interface (M1 native and Intel).
  • VST version supports M1 native.
  • The patch browser is available in 3 different sizes.
  • The best size for the GUI is detected automatically.
  • The lists display checkmarks for the currently selected items.
  • Menu entries can be quickly selected with the mousewheel.
  • All parameters are available for the DAW's automation now.
  • HiDpi font support for the patch-browser.
  • Help->'Show version info' displays the mode in which the plugin is running (ARM/Intel).
Enhancements:
  • The 3D effect of the GUI's knobs is more subtle.
  • Changing the GUI size can now be done with a more comfortable list selector.
  • The spectrum displays have more contrast.
  • Much faster loading times on M1 Macs.
  • The native M1 support results in 20% lower CPU use compared to Rosetta2 Mode.
  • More responsive GUI on M1 Macs.
  • Fine-tuned the corrdinates of the knobs.
  • Many small enhancements.
Fixes:
  • Several small compatibility fixes for MacOS 11 and MacOS 12.
  • Workaround for Apple's unrelieable AudioUnit validation. It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac after an installation.
  • Workarounds for many DAWs which did not resize the VST3 plugin properly.
  • Automation in the VST3 version did not work with parameters that were located behind the 10th slot.
  • Workaround for a bug of Ableton and FL Studio which do not properly stick to the AudioUnit2 standard and did not display the AudioUnit.
  • Workaround for a bug of Ableton which did not configure the Automation parameters of the VST3 version properly.
  • Workaround for a bug of Reaper which did display automation parameters incorrectly.
  • Fixes an issue that did cause bad GUI performance after a while.
  • Fixed a possible crash.
Changes:
  • AudioUnit and VSTi are now a Universal Binary for 64bit Intel and M1.
  • Apple's development tools are unable to build 32bit Intel binaries when you support M1. Sadly we had to drop support for it.
  • Apple's Notarisation and the M1 support requires a MacOS version higher or equal than 10.11. If you still use an older version you must stick with Gladiator 3.0.

All parameters are available for the DAW's automation now.
This is simply not true. I have just checked if we finally can automate changing the content of ANY dropdown menu and it is still not possible. I´m counting over 30 dropdown menus with the most important settings for Gladiator and not a single one is automatable. Pretty uninspiring when you use the randomization button and for quick sound design inspiration.

This has been requested so many times, here and in your own forum as well as the option to lock individual parameters when hitting randomize but nothing is changing unfortunatelly.

Wow! Thank you so much Markus! :)

enCiphered wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:28 am
This is simply not true. I have just checked if we finally can automate changing the content of ANY dropdown menu and it is still not possible. I´m counting over 30 dropdown menus with the most important settings for Gladiator and not a single one is automatable. Pretty uninspiring when you use the randomization button and for quick sound design inspiration.

This has been requested so many times, here and in your own forum as well as the option to lock individual parameters when hitting randomize but nothing is changing unfortunatelly.
I've never thought of automating dropdown list! I just change values within the parameter itself.
Anyway, which synth can do that?

This is simply not true. I have just checked if we finally can automate changing the content of ANY dropdown menu and it is still not possible.
Which DAW are you using?

Pretty uninspiring when you use the (DAW's) randomization button and for quick sound design inspiration.
It seems that you not really familiar with Gladiator.
Gladiator has not only one but even three very smart random buttons which work like a charm (on the top left of the GUI). There are very few synths out there that give so good random sounds as Gladiator does. There is no need at all in Gladiator to use a random function from the DAW, as this one just set random garbage values. Apart from this using a DAW's random button can crash many synths or result in broken patches.
Abusing Automation for sound-design is a bad practice in general. You always should the synth's interface instead, as this is the intended way.

EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:51 am Wow! Thank you so much Markus! :)

I've never thought of automating dropdown list! I just change values within the parameter itself.
Anyway, which synth can do that?
Every synth I use has automatable dropdown menus, eg. Hive filter type, trigger type or pretty much every single dropdown menu in the OSC panels.

Korg Supporter wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:53 am
This is simply not true. I have just checked if we finally can automate changing the content of ANY dropdown menu and it is still not possible.
Which DAW are you using?
Bitwig mainly

Automating stuff like filtertype will most likely result in audible clicks in synthesizers. So you should not do this.
Apart from this FilterType is automatable in Gladiator 'FilType'. The oscillators are also 'Wave1', 'Wave2' etc.

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:55 am
Pretty uninspiring when you use the (DAW's) randomization button and for quick sound design inspiration.
It seems that you not really familiar with Gladiator.
Gladiator has not only one but even three very smart random buttons which work like a charm (on the top left of the GUI). There are very few synths out there that give so good random sounds as Gladiator does. There is no need at all in Gladiator to use a random function from the DAW, as this one just set random garbage values. Apart from this using a DAW's random button can crash many synths or result in broken patches.
Abusing Automation for sound-design is a bad practice in general. You always should the synth's interface instead, as this is the intended way.
This is your usual, selfishly argument everytime this topic comes up. You are not really familiar with the workflow of sound designers. We need the option to change a value on the fly during designing a sound, this is what makes this process unique. Just think about how the sound is evolving if you are able to automate the OSC modifiers as an simple example.

Return to “Instruments”