Amateur Science [EP] UPDATE: March 2023 - now on other platforms

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Listening to uprooted. Love the section from 1:20-1:50. You've got a great sense of melody here.

Genetic_Junk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:57 am Listening to uprooted. Love the section from 1:20-1:50. You've got a great sense of melody here.
Thanks for listening. (I hope btw. that are some more good melodies in it :lol:)
Thanks for stopping by and the comment.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Frantz wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:35 am An enjoyable collection of tracks. The mixes are all good. Nice work!
Hi Frantz,
long time no see ! Thanks that you took some time to listen to my tracks and then you left a comment.
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:29 am
Genetic_Junk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:57 am Listening to uprooted. Love the section from 1:20-1:50. You've got a great sense of melody here.
Thanks for listening. (I hope btw. that are some more good melodies in it :lol:)
There are but that was my favorite. I also really like the harmonies in the pads on "from the abyss to the abyss". The pulsating bass is cool too.

Genetic_Junk wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:03 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:29 am
There are but that was my favorite. I also really like the harmonies in the pads on "from the abyss to the abyss". The pulsating bass is cool too.
It is all okay. It just always amazes me what other people like. This is sometimes in total contradiction to what i think about my stuff. Passages that I don't appreciate so much myself, others find good. And of course vice versa... :lol:

E.g. "Abyss" was a track i personally never liked during the making... now i think it is one of my best tracks i've ever made. :lol:
myself in 2022

Added some free codes. See first post if interested.
myself in 2022

Thanks for the codes. :) What instrument(s) are you using for your drum sounds?

Genetic_Junk wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:02 pm Thanks for the codes. :) What instrument(s) are you using for your drum sounds?
You're welcome. I'm happy if someone uses it. Didn't think anyone would be interested, my music isn't exactly mainstream :lol:

I am a Reason user (v. 11 suite) - so i use the integrated devices.

There are 3 drum samplers, a MPC like device and a loop player:
- UMPF club and retro edition (like tiny mini-versions of Native Battery)
- Redrum (a simple step sequenced drum sampler - very basic and oldschool -)
- Kong (MPC clone which is able to play sliced portions of drum-loops or any kind of sample, and has integrated drum modules (synth and acustic modeling - very basic))
- Dr.OctoRex ( a loop player if i want to use just a sampled classic drum loop in the Rex-format)I

Usually i combine several devices or, if necessary, a randomly generated distribution over several devices (this is possible via the virtual CV and another device) - but it quickly becomes confusing because of all the virtual cables (+ some effects ofc). But it varies a lot from track to track.
myself in 2022

8)

This is a strong collection of tracks, which has a definite Aphex Twin influence, but also seems to contain some BoC-style elements. This mixing is good. I've listened to it 3 or 4 times this month, and I think the best track is "from the abyss".

Good work :)

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:11 pm8)
:wheee:
myself in 2022

seismic1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:54 pm This is a strong collection of tracks, which has a definite Aphex Twin influence, but also seems to contain some BoC-style elements. This mixing is good. I've listened to it 3 or 4 times this month, and I think the best track is "from the abyss".

Good work :)
Thanks for listening! There is a tiny bit of Autechre in it, too... at least on "from the abyss".
Overall you could say, 90s WARP IDM artists :lol: - my childhood.
myself in 2022

I really like the tension, its musical and cerebral at the same time.
Very nice!

"from the abyss to the abyss":

It starts slowly and majestically - I like it. Slowly the song mutates into
a synth arpeggio dominated part. Structure and feeling remind me of
the great epic works of the 70s. Strong melody, lots of creativity. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

PatchAdamz wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:50 pm I really like the tension, its musical and cerebral at the same time.
Very nice!
Thanks for the kind words and your comment! Glad you liked it.
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”