2022: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2022)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:46 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:41 pm I just spur of the moment bought a SP404 MK2...good price from Juno (UK) helped. It was the V2 update that rekindled my interest....
the sampler?
i have an old original pre usb version.
definitely plenty of fun :tu:
have been tempted to update, but other things steal funds :lol:
Yup, Roland SP 404 MK2...I never owed the original although many people swear buy it as a quick and dirty box of fun with great FX. The V2 update was what tipped my over the edge, that and I am about to go to the lake district for a couple of weeks just as the heatwave and and the rain starts so maybe indoors quite a bit which is fine with me :D

Here area couple of the V2 firmware updates (to an already impressive MK2 hardware and software update list over the original..) to further temp you.

TR-X0X-style step recording and editing
TR-REC supports entering multiple triggers on a single step (Substep), chromatic pitch entry, and velocity, all of which can also be motion-recorded into the sequence. You can use the new TR-REC mode alongside real-time recording, and switch between modes without stopping playback.

The improved the VariPhrase algorithm for pitch and speed changes with real time or step chromatic pitch entry (with scales) makes it more of a playable synth...also lots more midi cc control added as awell.

New effects
The update also includes several new effect algorithms. The MFX engine has been expanded with new Cloud Delay, SX Delay, SX Reverse, and BackSpin effects. Moreover, there’s a new Harmony effect in the input FX section.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:46 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:46 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:41 pm I just spur of the moment bought a SP404 MK2...good price from Juno (UK) helped. It was the V2 update that rekindled my interest....
the sampler?
i have an old original pre usb version.
definitely plenty of fun :tu:
have been tempted to update, but other things steal funds :lol:
Yup, Roland SP 404 MK2...I never owed the original although many people swear buy it as a quick and dirty box of fun with great FX. The V2 update was what tipped my over the edge, that and I am about to go to the lake district for a couple of weeks just as the heatwave and and the rain starts so maybe indoors quite a bit which is fine with me :D

Here area couple of the V2 firmware updates (to an already impressive MK2 hardware and software update list over the original..) to further temp you.

TR-X0X-style step recording and editing
TR-REC supports entering multiple triggers on a single step (Substep), chromatic pitch entry, and velocity, all of which can also be motion-recorded into the sequence. You can use the new TR-REC mode alongside real-time recording, and switch between modes without stopping playback.

The improved the VariPhrase algorithm for pitch and speed changes with real time or step chromatic pitch entry (with scales) makes it more of a playable synth...also lots more midi cc control added as awell.

New effects
The update also includes several new effect algorithms. The MFX engine has been expanded with new Cloud Delay, SX Delay, SX Reverse, and BackSpin effects. Moreover, there’s a new Harmony effect in the input FX section.
sweet! it's a great little machine 8)
the updates sound pretty cool too, probably twice the fun of mine :hihi:

enjoy the lakes, inspiring scenery and nice toys! match made in heaven!

west pest now doesn't show as "forthcoming" but still says email when in stock??

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:23 pm west pest now doesn't show as "forthcoming" but still says email when in stock??
Hopefully, they just sold out what they know is already coming?

elxsound wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:55 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:23 pm west pest now doesn't show as "forthcoming" but still says email when in stock??
Hopefully, they just sold out what they know is already coming?
im hoping it means they're sorting preorders now and ill get an email later :hihi:

also gone down to 208.99 :party:

They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworths, man. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over
https://www.cashconverters.co.uk/shop/m ... 4600098604

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

woolworths :cry:

while ive heard nothing personally yet, it appears theyve begun shipping :party: so should be soon!!!
Screenshot_2022-08-16-22-16-56-226~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Should’ve made it from a mound of pink latex and called it The Breasts From The West

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Guess who just ordered 3 Decksaver covers for the Otomachines! :help:

:hihi: :love:

elxsound wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:09 pm Image
"Did someone say this thing has a 'paws' button?"
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

:lol: I thought the Elektrons were safe since they’re slanted but today everything was a Paws button.

So… Elektron protective lids on the way too.

elxsound wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:09 pm Guess who just ordered 3 Decksaver covers for the Otomachines! :help:

https://i.imgur.com/shWJUr8.png
Aww what a precious cat!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”