Replacing 2Caudio Reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nothing can replace Aether. It has its own sound.
But anyway, Tai Chi is the best reverb you can choose as an alternative for those reverbs. It’s flexible and awesome sounding.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:02 pm Nothing can replace Aether. It has its own sound.
But anyway, Tai Chi is the best reverb you can choose as an alternative for those reverbs. It’s flexible and awesome sounding.
I thought that Aether was more of a realistic reverb and Tai Chi more of a chorus'y reverb.
Yorgos Simeonidis

filulilu wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:10 pm
DJErmac wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:02 pm Nothing can replace Aether. It has its own sound.
I thought that Aether was more of a realistic reverb and Tai Chi more of a chorus'y reverb.
It’s really a combination of tastes, perception, skills in programming the reverb and what you’re trying to do...

I’ve never perceived Aether as a realistic reverb personally. It has this acid sound signature I’ve never head anywhere else... I use it when I want a "in your face" reverb (great for snare drums, claps...), and I love it with all my heart.

Tai Chi can do chorus indeed, and this is the best chorus I’ve heard so far, but you can take it everywhere you want. To me this is the more "alive" reverb I know together with Relab VSR S24. If I had to keep only one I’d choose Tai Chi because it can do nearly everything.

No reverb is perfect in every situation I think. For choirs, I always use convolution reverbs for example, they work best for this, don’t ask me why, I simply think this works.

I always thought it did an amazing job on realistic spaces. Not that it can’t be used abused in other ways.

It can be chorusy but it doesn't have to be - you have lots of control over the modulation

I’ve ended up replacing all my instances of Acon Verberate and LX480 with Eventide Tverb whenever a want a 3D “real” space. I still use LX480 when I want an artificial rack reverb effect.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Acon Verberate is on every single project I produce, at least 10 instances. Very, very nice one.

I suspect Tai Chi is cleverly named to incorporate “TC”. I believe it is modeled after a TC Electronic rack reverb.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:46 am I'm mainly using Tai Chi, Relab LX480 Complete and Sonsig - all great reverbs but none can fully replace B2 or even Breeze 2 (however that one is still working ok until I go AS at least)
IMO, reverbs are like synths in terms of all sounding a bit different, and being difficult to "replace" with another.

jamcat wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:22 pm I suspect Tai Chi is cleverly named to incorporate “TC”. I believe it is modeled after a TC Electronic rack reverb.
Aahh yes! That is why its controls resemble a bit Relab's VSR S24. And they both have four bands of decay time.
Yorgos Simeonidis

chk071 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:35 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:46 am I'm mainly using Tai Chi, Relab LX480 Complete and Sonsig - all great reverbs but none can fully replace B2 or even Breeze 2 (however that one is still working ok until I go AS at least)
IMO, reverbs are like synths in terms of all sounding a bit different, and being difficult to "replace" with another.
On the other hand many experts have a tough time telling differences!
https://youtu.be/SM02GXXeHH0

Just like with synths, hehe. Nonetheless, I do think that reverbs have a distinctive character, and, when you get to know a reverb you like, you will rather go for it than for another, if you think the one sounds better for that specific use case than the other.

It's strange but everytime I'm looking for a suitable reverb I end up using Relab Sonsig.

When I first got into DAW-based music, I acquire Aether and thought it was totally wonderful. I also later got B2. After gaining a good deal more experience, I downgraded my opinion of those reverbs considerably, to the point I didn't bother to even reinstall them the last time I upgraded my DAW. I do agree with Plexuss that Liquidsonics reverbs are hard to beat - they'd be on my desert-island inventory for sure (the problem would be deciding on which one). Another option for you is the (I think) much overlooked MeldaProduction MTurboReverb. That puts B2 to shame in terms of what it can do in utilizing multiple-reverb configurations.

Reading through this thread, I have some ideas, I also have other reverbs (MTurboReverb Audio Damage EOS (to pair with Other Desert Cities, everything that comes with Komplete Ultimate CE (Raum, RC-24, RC-48) All the reverbs in Ableton Suite 11, and I can get some reverb from Arturia Fragments). I can get realistic reverbs from these what I'm really looking for is the dreamy ambient quality that the 2C stuff had (especially B2).

Return to “Effects”