How do I DM?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just discovered the forum and want to buy from someone but can't see a DM button to contact them anywhere.

go to your 'account settings' (upper left/click on your user name) . 'board preferences' and enable direct messaging.

then when you want to DM someone just click on their name/alias/avatar whatever and if they have DMs enabled you'll see where you can send them a DM.

Amorr wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:04 pm Just discovered the forum and want to buy from someone but can't see a DM button to contact them anywhere.
I think a minimum of 5 posts is required.
You now made one, so only 4 more to go...

PS: a reply to an existing topic counts as well!
Last edited by BertKoor on Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:40 am
Amorr wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:04 pm Just discovered the forum and want to buy from someone but can't see a DM button to contact them anywhere.
I think a minimum of 5 posts is required.
You now made one, so only 4 more to go...
Oh right, i guess i just make some random posts then...

why dont you introduce yourself :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Ohhhhh do replies to topics count? I thought i was going to have to make 5 separate topics...

Amorr wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:03 pm Oh right, i guess i just make some random posts then...
why not make some interesting posts instead?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:11 pm
Amorr wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:03 pm Oh right, i guess i just make some random posts then...
why not make some interesting posts instead?
I realised I did in fact have some questions to ask so they didn't end up being fully random :)

dayjob wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:45 pm go to your 'account settings' (upper left/click on your user name) . 'board preferences' and enable direct messaging.

then when you want to DM someone just click on their name/alias/avatar whatever and if they have DMs enabled you'll see where you can send them a DM.
It's private message, not direct message. PM, not DM.

Welcome Amorr. Hope you’re able to buy what you’re after.

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:20 pm
dayjob wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:45 pm go to your 'account settings' (upper left/click on your user name) . 'board preferences' and enable direct messaging.

and multiple ones might give one pms
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

elxsound wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:21 pm Welcome Amorr. Hope you’re able to buy what you’re after.
and stick around, a lot can be learned here :tu:

Hink wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:22 pm
elxsound wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:21 pm Welcome Amorr. Hope you’re able to buy what you’re after.
and stick around, a lot can be learned here :tu:
I definitely will, didn't know this place existed until yesterday but it seems great.

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:20 pm

You’re just showing your age. Nobody is sliding into anyone’s PMs. They slide into DMs.

But, yeah, here it’s private messaging instead of direct messaging.

elxsound wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:23 pm But, yeah, here it’s private messaging instead of direct messaging.
Not just here, everywhere. :) I frankly dunno where that DM thing is coming from. Always confuses the hell out of me, because I always forget what it's supposed to mean.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”