Hey IK, When You Finally Do MODO Guitar...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

benjamind wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:05 am I'm done waiting. I give up waiting because it's just f**king bullshit. You wait for years only to be bitterly disappointed.

No I won't wait another 4 years. The waiting stops now because I give up.
You really have no choice. If and when it comes out, you can get it, or not. That's your only choice in the matter. I suspect you will get it... if the old folks home lets you have a credit card.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

:lol:
Say NO to CLAP!

jamcat wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:45 am
benjamind wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:05 am I'm done waiting. I give up waiting because it's just f**king bullshit. You wait for years only to be bitterly disappointed.

No I won't wait another 4 years. The waiting stops now because I give up.
You really have no choice. If and when it comes out, you can get it, or not. That's your only choice in the matter. I suspect you will get it... if the old folks home lets you have a credit card.
Of course, but I am no longer anticipating it. Makes my life one heck of a lot easier!

It surely ain't coming after 6 years. So that is how I am going to frame it. Theres no point waiting because you are probably waiting for nothing.

If it isn't out by now it's not coming out. That's understood.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

I wish I never invested so much hope into this nonsense.
Last edited by benjamind on Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

benjamind wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Sorry guys but we was played. I am so, so sorry. I wish I never invested so much hope into this nonsense. It's.done..its.gone it's not coming.
Don't you think it's better to always work with the tools at hand in the present, rather than waiting for some panacea which may never even arrive?

Time to get on with stuff.

Paid off by big guitar companies as most likely? :lol: Actually laughing here!

The reason it wasn't done seems simple to anyone who plays guitar: it's frigging hard to translate all the different techniques and ways to play it to a keyboard/programming interface. Even if they created the most realistic and amazing string + pickups + body resonance models, that's like 1/8th of what actually makes a guitar player sound like a guitar player. Maybe they could've done, MODO Lead Guitar and focused on something that sounds good for primarily monophonic electric guitar lines, but then folks would complain how limited that was. Rhythm guitar? Sure, maybe they could've had some chord strumming patterns or whatever. There are already guitar samples/VI's that kind of do that stuff already - wouldn't be groundbreaking.

All the other stuff in between? Just very tricky to translate. So maybe they could do an EZGuitar type of product that's very specialized to a given task. But a true virtual guitar that's as easy to play and/or program from keyboard as MODO Bass is a pipe dream. If they do eventually put out a MODO Guitar, I wouldn't expect any actual guitar players to be worried about being put out of work.

Also, MODO Drums is uhm...not good. MODO Bass? Excellent. Drums? Swing and a miss. The cymbals are sampled and not many samples, the rooms are ridiculous sounding and just bog standard IR's. The drums can sound really good for synthesized drums, but the rest is [where's the puke emoji?]. So why assume that MODO Guitar would be incredible?

And again, for anyone who doesn't have a physical disability preventing them playing guitar (and I sympathize with those who do), then just get a cheap guitar, watch some YouTube videos for the basics, and learn to read Tab. In two or three weeks, maybe two months tops, you'll be half-assing your way around a guitar in a way that would be very difficult to replicate using virtual guitar software and with a lot less frustration. And if you can't play guitar, then I'm sorry, but your probably best focusing on some of the existing products out there which focus on specialized aspects of the guitars (you may need one for rhythm, another product for leads, etc.). Sucks but, there's not much of an alternative.

Or...just keep waiting for this McGuffin that was never formally announced and may never even happen.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:45 pm Paid off by big guitar companies as most likely? :lol: Actually laughing here!

The reason it wasn't done seems simple to anyone who plays guitar: it's frigging hard to translate all the different techniques and ways to play it to a keyboard/programming interface.
This.

(And all of the rest of the post)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:45 pm Paid off by big guitar companies as most likely? :lol: Actually laughing here!
Ditto :lol:

Personally, I always hopped that they weren't spending time on such a thing, instead of putting that time into their other products especially Amplitube and Modo Bass. We've got Modo Bass 2 (Bring on 3), and Amplitube TONEX is nearly here, so :tu: :tu: :tu: for that, Keep it up :clap:

A bit selfish I know, but for all the reasons mentioned thus far that make it hard to impossible, maybe spending time on a MODO Guitar would be just wasting it. It's unfortunate for those who can't play a real guitar, would be good if they could get what they want, but unfortunately it may not work out that way. The world, life, can be cruel, it's not all roses for anyone.
Say NO to CLAP!

benjamind wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:20 am I give up waiting because it's just f**king bullshit. You wait for years only to be bitterly disappointed.
... you could have learned to play guitar during all those years instead of just whinging.

I believe he has a physical impediment to the ability to play guitar, some problem with his arm.
Say NO to CLAP!

How could IK not derive ideas from all the sample based stuff? I mean Orange Tree Samples has an EXCELLENT user interface and his guitars sound very nice.

Only problem is, like all sampled guitars - it isn't specific to any product - is they just sound so canned. Like there is only so much one can do with samples and it's in between the notes that is a dead giveaway that they are samples.

The whole damn point of modeling is to get rid of this problem so that you don't need to rely on fancy tricks to get it to sound halfway realistic.

Why can't they do this? I mean it's possible for something that relies on limited samples to do this, why can't IK with their incredible string modeling tech? It's not rocket science. It's dead simple. They don't have to cover everything, just the most common stuff. Slides, hammer one pull offs and solos would be very realistic with modelling. As would strums and the ever dreaded repetition of the same sample. It's easy to spot in all sampled guitars. Play the same note a thousand times in MODO BASS and hey presto - none of these weird f**king artifacts.

I know IK can do. There's no technical reason why they can't.

They either got bought out or they just don't want to bother.

Pretty sad really when everyone who wants to do it all ITB knows that the market for virtual guitars is just so f**king bare. Everything else is miles ahead...except guitars.

Surely those sample library developers could pull off with just samples I am sure IK could do it.

Being able to play on a single string is possible. Why isn't it? And why isn't it possible to work out what chords go where? I mean, shit, it isn't hard if OTS can do it then so can IK.

My bet is it is either coming later because they are busy adding tons of guitars or because they don't think we need one because LOL tons of samples already cover it (BUT they don't!!!). Look at all the sampled basses.

Surely IK can work out how to translate a keyboard to a guitar for the most part. It isn't really that hard. I bet I could do it as I have a decent knowledge in programming and mathematics.

I don't know why IK can't do it if OTS Evolution series and ISW Shreddage series can do it.

It's just plain f**king strange to me.

benjamind wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:30 am My bet is it is either coming later
So what is it, you believe it is coming, or you believe it isn't?, are you still waiting for it or are you not?
benjamind wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:30 am I bet I could do it as I have a decent knowledge in programming and mathematics.
Well there you go, your answer is simple, case closed.
Why are you worrying about it when you can do it yourself, stop your whining and get coding. :)
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:45 am
benjamind wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:30 am My bet is it is either coming later
So what is it, you believe it is coming, or you believe it isn't?, are you still waiting for it or are you not?
benjamind wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:30 am I bet I could do it as I have a decent knowledge in programming and mathematics.
Well there you go, your answer is simple, case closed.
Why are you worrying about it when you can do it yourself, stop your whining and get coding. :)
I honestly don't even though one half of me wants to believe in a fairy tale. Honestly I would be more likely to believe that God exists and am more amenable to that theory than MODO GITAR ever coming out.

I reckon I'll the coming of Christ before that ever happens. Hence why I gave up. 14 years oh my, surely something is wrong here. They spend 8 years before there first release of there basses.

As for doing it myself...

Dude, I don't have access to there string modeling engine. If Greg Schlaepfer can do it with a bunch of many thousand of samples then it should be possible for almost any idiot with a modicum of intelligence to do it with something that does not need samples since the model takes care of the note transitions. They already done the basses so most of this work is done.

If it is not going to be a release then it's because IK simply don't want to do it. My guess is there pandering to the session guitarists who make up there customer base and don't want to piss them off and that customer base probably has the ears of IK. Surely they make up the bulk of there customers. To think that guitarists are not a big part of this customer base is just wishful thinking.

I cannot honestly believe any thing else. There is always a logical reason why not and it is usually a nonsensical reasons to most of us - even if it makes sense to them and there guitar playing customer cohort.

I have a background also in business so I know how businesses think and how they work out there strategies. Not piss off a large sum of your customer base is wise, am I right or am I wrong?

Cut off a toe to save a leg? Cut off there nose to save there face? Well I guess it makes sense, right? Right?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:45 pm The reason it wasn't done seems simple to anyone who plays guitar: it's frigging hard to translate all the different techniques and ways to play it to a keyboard/programming interface. Even if they created the most realistic and amazing string + pickups + body resonance models, that's like 1/8th of what actually makes a guitar player sound like a guitar player.
Guitar is an incredibly expressive instrument. It is basically an impossible task to ever equal a skilled guitarist playing realtime.

jinotsuh wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:52 pm I believe he has a physical impediment to the ability to play guitar, some problem with his arm.
My apologies. I had no idea. I haven't read the thread ... just the last few posts. No offence intended.
pdxindy wrote: Guitar is an incredibly expressive instrument. It is basically an impossible task to ever equal a skilled guitarist playing realtime.
I agree. Makes me think that's possibly why MODO GUITAR isn't available. You'll likely need a really fancy midi controller to play it as well. A PUSH for IK sort of ...

Return to “Instruments”