Hey IK, When You Finally Do MODO Guitar...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 am
jinotsuh wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:52 pm I believe he has a physical impediment to the ability to play guitar, some problem with his arm.
My apologies. I had no idea. I haven't read the thread ... just the last few posts. No offence intended.
pdxindy wrote: Guitar is an incredibly expressive instrument. It is basically an impossible task to ever equal a skilled guitarist playing realtime.
I agree. Makes me think that's possibly why MODO GUITAR isn't available. You'll likely need a really fancy midi controller to play it as well. A PUSH for IK sort of ...
I disagree. If Orange Tree Samples can pull it off (with the limitations of samples which are frankly pretty terrible) then so can IK. They have string modeling tech whereas OTS has to rely on static samples.

Don't kid yourself that they can't do it.

Whether they WILL is the big question. Because barring some technical limitations with there string models, I KNOW they can do it.

Perhaps they just don't want to, for reasons that neither I nor anyone else here are privy to.

My guess is it's a legal or business reason. Nothing to do with technical stuff. Though that is "technical" if you want to argue but I will counter-argue that is not since it is unrelated to the string modeling or instrument development as it is related to an "artificial" reason as opposed to it being not possible.

In other words it's a WONT as opposed to a CANT.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

And here is little me satisfied with the janky ReFX Slayer 1 in FL Studio for years. XD
Something about the artist not the tool...
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

benjamind wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:40 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 am
jinotsuh wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:52 pm I believe he has a physical impediment to the ability to play guitar, some problem with his arm.
My apologies. I had no idea. I haven't read the thread ... just the last few posts. No offence intended.
pdxindy wrote: Guitar is an incredibly expressive instrument. It is basically an impossible task to ever equal a skilled guitarist playing realtime.
I agree. Makes me think that's possibly why MODO GUITAR isn't available. You'll likely need a really fancy midi controller to play it as well. A PUSH for IK sort of ...
I disagree. If Orange Tree Samples can pull it off (with the limitations of samples which are frankly pretty terrible) then so can IK. They have string modeling tech whereas OTS has to rely on static samples.

Don't kid yourself that they can't do it.

Whether they WILL is the big question. Because barring some technical limitations with there string models, I KNOW they can do it.

Perhaps they just don't want to, for reasons that neither I nor anyone else here are privy to.

My guess is it's a legal or business reason. Nothing to do with technical stuff. Though that is "technical" if you want to argue but I will counter-argue that is not since it is unrelated to the string modeling or instrument development as it is related to an "artificial" reason as opposed to it being not possible.

In other words it's a WONT as opposed to a CANT.
Dude, let it go. There's no grand f*cking virtual guitar conspiracy. It sounds insane. Because it would be. The simplest explanation is usually the right one: it's probably just hard to do.

And if you're happy with Orange Tree's offerings then just use them. You said yesterday you were done waiting for MODO Guitar. So be done with it.

I am done with it. I never said I wasn't. But yeah probably better for me mentally to just erase it out of my mind and just pretend that IK don't exist. If I remove there subscription emails it would be a shame because they put out a great Hammond B3 emulation and I would not of caught it at a low price had I not known about it, so they did something nice there.

Say NO to CLAP!

benjamind wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:47 pm I mean does it take a company with more developers than hairs on my balls 14 years to develop a realistic guitar sim when they already developed a realistic bass since 6 years!? The bulk of the development would of gone into the bass and they spend like 8 years to build the bass. So 14 years, yeah? It takes them THAT long?

Um, yeah, nah not gonna buy that.
Your first mistake is believing that IK has a bunch of developers. They don't. There are probably 3 or 4 people who have their hands in absolutely everything IK produces.

Like all organized companies, they're going to have development and release schedules that have products planned out many years in advanced. And everything is a priority and everything takes many years to develop. IK has probably a half dozen to a dozen products in various stages of development right now that you have never even heard of. Plus Apple Silicon ports for T-RackS (and ARC3) ongoing.

Hopefully AmpliTube 6 and T-RackS 6 are both in development with a complete ML-based rebuild of every piece of gear. And I've got a list of gear as long as my tail that I'd like to see modeled in T-RackS and AmpliTube. These are all priorities. And likely, so is MODO GUITAR and MODO STRINGS, or maybe even MODO ORCHESTRA.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Yeah true that. I had no idea they were that small.

Again, it's me in the heat of the moment making assumptions.

I even delve into conspiracy theories. I must admit I do have OCD so that might explain some of what I write.

I thought the MODO team is completely different from the other IK developers. Graphics seem to be consistent, though.

Anyway, this has already been accomplished by Musiclab and Yamaha using samples. A good player can make a Yamaha sound better than most real guitar players.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:45 am
Anyway, this has already been accomplished by Musiclab and Yamaha using samples. A good player can make a Yamaha sound better than most real guitar players.
Hmm, controversial! :hihi:

I've heard some decent (but characterless if I'm being brutally honest..) widdly-diddly stuff, and metel, but nothing in the way of things like intricate indie chordal things or realistic acoustic strumming. Would be interested in any examples.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:45 am Anyway, this has already been accomplished by Musiclab and Yamaha using samples. A good player can make a Yamaha sound better than most real guitar players.
Not that difficult if the “real guitar player” is me :clown:
Still, I’d be probably faster playing and recording guitar than trying to make a virtual one good, so I’d be more interested in MODO HACKBRETT.

fese wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 am Still, I’d be probably faster playing and recording guitar than trying to make a virtual one good, so I’d be more interested in MODO HACKBRETT.
A Hackbrett is the same thing as a dulcimer which is the same thing as a cimbalom. Pianoteq has a physically modeled Balázs Kovács Cimbalom as part of the free KIViR (Keyboard Instruments Virtual Restoration) project.

https://www.modartt.com/free_stuff#kivir

Personally, I think a realistic guitar sim would be ridiculous to play due to the sheer number of parameters. Just take a look at muting, you got palm muting, finger muting, wrist muting, thumb muting, scrunchee muting, penis muting, slide muting, tandem muting, beer bottle muting, face muting, elbow/fist muting, 3rd party muting, etc...

and that's just for mutes...

pekbro wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:41 am Personally, I think a realistic guitar sim would be ridiculous to play due to the sheer number of parameters. Just take a look at muting, you got palm muting, finger muting, wrist muting, thumb muting, scrunchee muting, penis muting, slide muting, tandem muting, beer bottle muting, face muting, elbow/fist muting, 3rd party muting, etc...

and that's just for mutes...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGH9b8iQG74

try modeling THAT!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

:o :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Worst cameraman ever.

Return to “Instruments”