Updated to v1.2: Integrate — Subtractive Synthesizer [CLAP, FL Studio]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Integrate

Congratulations on the release!

That GUI looks very nice and clean. May I ask what you have used to implement it? Are you using some GUI framework?
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

BlitBit wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:29 pm Congratulations on the release!
Thank you! :)
BlitBit wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:29 pm That GUI looks very nice and clean. May I ask what you have used to implement it? Are you using some GUI framework?
All the GUI code is implemented with custom written C++. I wanted to make sure that I had full control over every aspect of it, to ensure it would fit perfectly with the DSP side.

Graphically, the interface is made up of bitmaps which I exported from the design I created in the Figma application. Each bitmap is exported at different scale factors to ensure high quality when the interface is larger.

As for coding side of things, I recently wrote a tutorial about writing a user interface library, which you can read here: https://nakst.gitlab.io/tutorial/ui-part-1.html. This should give you an idea of a similar implementation to what I did with Integrate.

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to answer them!

1.0.4 did the trick - thanks for your efforts!
Sounds good, but I fear it's not for me.

Thanks for the demo though!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Small update to Version 1.0.5. Changes:
  • Added support for the latest AVX512 processors.
  • Update to CLAP SDK v1.1.1.
  • Minor performance improvements.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:35 am Trying the demo (which has just about the most obnoxious restrictions I've ever encountered - the plugin disables all sound and features for 4 seconds out of every 30, I almost uninstalled it out of sheer annoyance).
Oops, sorry about that. I didn't realize they were too restrictive. I've changed the audio silence to every 90 seconds in the latest version.
Vortifex wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:35 am Room for improvement: There doesn't appear to be a filter ADSR? The only way I can apply an envelope to the filter is to assign attack and decay from the mod envelope, but no sustain or release. I can't find a way to disable velocity control for volume - this is a significant flaw for me. I can only select between monophonic and 32 note polyphony - it would be better have options like 8, 16 and 24 so that I can have patches with a long release without it eating up 32 voices and the CPU that goes with it. I find the stark contrast between the coloured borders and grey background quite off-putting visually, it would be nice to have a colour that was easier on the eyes. There is no control for the unison stereo width, it's either mono or full wide stereo. A button to disable oscillators would be nice.
Wow, thanks for the detailed feedback! I'll be incorporating a lot of this into the next synthesizers I design. And I definitely won't be doing attack-decay only mod envelopes in the future ;) Although I was not expecting them to be quite so unpopular!

Small update to Version 1.0.6. Changes:
  • Add option to change the number of maximum voices in polyphonic mode. (Click the voices button.)
  • Reduced demo restrictions.
  • Support for the CLAP "Voice Info" extension.
  • Support for CLAP pan and tuning note expressions
  • Minor bugfixes for CLAP.

Would love this for Mac!

nakst wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:45 pm All the GUI code is implemented with custom written C++. I wanted to make sure that I had full control over every aspect of it, to ensure it would fit perfectly with the DSP side.
On one hand that's very cool, on the other hand I was hoping for a framework that you can recommend. It seems that I have very unfortunate requirements:
  • License should be something like MIT in case I decided to go commercial.
  • Should build with MinGW because I don't want to install that 5 GB monster of Visual Studio just to compile some C++ code.
In fact I even started going down the road of building my own GUI framework at one point. It used Cairo to draw the elements so that everything could be resized freely. However, at one point I noticed that I do not want to write a GUI framework but plugins. Here you can see some result if you are interested.

Some weeks ago I was able to compile JUCE with MinGW in Visual Studio Code. However, due to the strange nature of their builds each build after a change took around 2-3 minutes so I abandoned that approach as well. :(
nakst wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:45 pm As for coding side of things, I recently wrote a tutorial about writing a user interface library, which you can read here: https://nakst.gitlab.io/tutorial/ui-part-1.html. This should give you an idea of a similar implementation to what I did with Integrate.

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to answer them!
Thanks for the tutorial and being so approachable. :)
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Here is a perfect example of how valuable a Demo version can be. I looked at the screenshot of the main page and thought "meh nothing to get excited about" but then installed the FL version of the demo. (by the way thanks for the audio drop out demo limitation since I find white noise bursts incredibly annoying and would likely close the plugin in just a couple of minutes)

At any rate I am surprisingly impressed by the sound and the feature set. Big points for the TranceGate and Arp. Lots of FX to choose from.

The sound fits perfectly into the sweet spot for me. Nice thick Unison etc. Oh and the CPU demand is incredibly low.

GUI resize is very welcome as are the color choices. My only wish would be versions that grey out the border colors. I find all that color around the borders distracting whether it's green,blue,orange,or red. Keep the knob colors just grey border versions would be most welcome here. More comfortable to my eyes for long periods of viewing.

So even though I already have a ton of other synths in the same category, the price makes it very hard to resist.

If the sale price is good until at least the first of August I'll be picking up a copy. Well done. :tu:

EDIT: Went ahead and purchased today. :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's very confusing that you have to click the "download the demo" button to buy or even see the price. The first time I went to this site a few weeks ago I just clicked away since it looked like there were as no place to buy, or see the price.

What is as the sale price?

No MSEGs?

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:00 am What is as the sale price?
Thanks for the feedback, you can view all the current prices of my plugins at https://nakst.gitlab.io/audio/. I have not done much web design before, so apologies if my website is not very streamlined yet.
Last edited by nakst on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

a9k1tp wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:28 amNo MSEGs?
No, I decided to keep the modulation section relatively simple to fit with my design goals for this synthesizer. However, I will definitely be adding MSEGs to my next commercial synth -- in fact, I already have the code working :) I do not have any screenshots to show though, because the design is not ready.

I have begun work on the next update, version 1.1. As with all updates, it will be free to all existing users, and will retain complete backwards compatibility with the previous version.

Here is a preliminary list of features to be introduced with this update. Please note that these are not finalized and may change.
  • "IntegrateFX" effects plugin featuring the same effect units as in the main plugin. The units can be reordered to create fully customizable effect chains. There are also 3 LFOs synchronized with the host, configured using a multi-segment curve editor. See below for a screenshot.
  • New dark skin (pictured above).
  • 8 new filter saturator/distortion algorithms, including "Light", "Soft", "Middle" and "Hard" closely modeled on the legendary Virus, and also including various asymmetric waveshapers.
  • Linux support (64-bit CLAP only).
  • Selection of the trigger for portamento glide.
  • Ability to disable the note velocity to amplifier level on a per-amp basis.
  • Support for the CLAP note choke events
And the update will also bundle various small bugfixes and CPU improvements.

Unfortunately I cannot promise a release date for the update, as I am also working on other projects at the same time.

I am excited to hear your thoughts on this! :)

Return to “Instruments”