NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Let's all just be realistic there is just better stuff out there then Komplete ..... Really the only thing they have going for them is Kontackt if that is what you need , it's like the ProTools of friggin Samplers and Sampler players . I wish devs would find a different Sample player , but that's what we are stuck with , but everything else is replaceable and with BETTER stuff .
. Now if you are NEW then Komplete may seem appealing . But if you been around the block , then NOT so much ... Battery4 ? There is your DAW drum plugin or Tal Drum , I could go on and on . Raum reverb , just get a Valhalla reverb.... Now Reaktor maybe a thing too ? NI has been quick to make a buck but not so quick to make new products, M1 M2 native , look at Guitar Rig update for K13 it was half baked as well .

I have Kontakt 6, but I've never really used it.
I might upgrade to Kontakt 7 anyway during a 50% off sale, if it's $50 or under.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I have komplete12 but seeing this direction, i think i stay with K12 and I will only use kontakt thats sure. I mean they simply not update battery, not update reaktor, not update massivex. Why should i stick to these? The main product behind komplete is kontakt, especially today.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:54 pm Apple is all about monopoly position and authoritarianism, they just sell it with stylish marketing.
Lol.. cry us a river. That is what every big company aims for in a capitalist market.

jamcat wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:30 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:47 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:42 am
But, not every company has a codebase built around a third-party engine so it's much more dev intensive work for them to rewrite their stuff to work on other platforms or potentially rewrite their code to start using a third-party engine that does offer all that built in support for things like 4K resizable UI, VST3, M1 native etc.
U-he doesn't use JUCE and they've had resizable GUI's and VST3 for quite a while now. M1 Native also for most of their stuff. They also support MPE, work with MTS-EPS for microtuning and have great browsers.

And u-he just released their first official CLAP plugin (MFM 2.5) with more to follow.
And u-he has been around for 20 years and only has about 5 plugins. That's not a whole lot to manage.
But about as many synths to manage as Native Instruments.. ZiNg!! 😂

I was wondering who could be the next Soundwide partner and Arturia came to my mind. Just a thought/possibility.

If only the Konkackt is not that central, I would leave the NI ecosystem...

Does anyone know if the update from a previous version is usually discounted at black friday?

Frankie.T wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:29 am Does anyone know if the update from a previous version is usually discounted at black friday?
Usually not, and almost certain not this time. You will need to wait for the next Summer of Sound sale. They will probably discount individual/full products at 50% off, but that's if they follow the tradition.

LFO8 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:55 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:54 pm Apple is all about monopoly position and authoritarianism, they just sell it with stylish marketing.
Lol.. cry us a river. That is what every big company aims for in a capitalist market.
A river of Kool-Aid perhaps.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:25 am If only the Konkackt is not that central, I would leave the NI ecosystem...
Well, now they mostly dump Kontakt libraries ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So you want something more, eh?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

LFO8 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:57 am
But, not every company has a codebase built around a third-party engine so it's much more dev intensive work for them to rewrite their stuff to work on other platforms or potentially rewrite their code to start using a third-party engine that does offer all that built in support for things like 4K resizable UI, VST3, M1 native etc.
U-he doesn't use JUCE and they've had resizable GUI's and VST3 for quite a while now. M1 Native also for most of their stuff. They also support MPE, work with MTS-EPS for microtuning and have great browsers.

And u-he just released their first official CLAP plugin (MFM 2.5) with more to follow.
And u-he has been around for 20 years and only has about 5 plugins. That's not a whole lot to manage.
Last time I checked, NI had... Massive X, Massive, FM8, Super 8, Monark, Reaktor, Form, Kontour, Razor, Rounds, Skanner XT and TRK-01.

Ok, I was lying, I just had to look that up. And, those are just their synths, they also have effects, samplers, sample instruments, and what not. A LOT more than u-he to manage.

For those that can wait, Black Friday deals is the way to go to do any upgrades/updates to Komplete 14. Less than 3 months wait time - saves $$$. Also, it's a good time to start cleaning up and reselling/license transfer any duplicate instruments that will be already included with Komplete 14.

chk071 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:12 pm
LFO8 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:57 am

Last time I checked, NI had... Massive X, Massive, FM8, Super 8, Monark, Reaktor, Form, Kontour, Razor, Rounds, Skanner XT and TRK-01.

Ok, I was lying, I just had to look that up. And, those are just their synths, they also have effects, samplers, sample instruments, and what not. A LOT more than u-he to manage.
Indeed, comparison with u-he and other synth developers is ridiculous and pointless.

Return to “Instruments”