Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Actually, have you all the latest update? I was curious after all the latest praise here.

I didn't install MassiveX since some time but was constantly looking at the change logs in Native Access, which were mostly empty.

The browser is totally fine now?!

And they've added a Control Sensitivity option. With a higher values it doesn't feel so incredible sluggish anymore using the ui. Still not super happy with it but a lot better. But I'm still searching for the standard modifier key to get higher resolution.

I'm wondering whether to feel a bit ashamed now by my rant of no progress. But without change logs how should you know.

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:24 am The browser is totally fine now?!
IBTL.

That said...

Parameters are still not exposed to the host, means you have to map everything to macro knobs to automate.

Still now a fan of the hover on parameters, that the parameter name change to the value. A bit too much visual change all the time.

That means, I'm not ashamed by showing my disappointment, but I'm happy that there was progress. Hope there will be more.

Still, most synth I use are better to use with the mouse than MassiveX. But I will keep it installed and give it a second chance.
Last edited by midi_transmission on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:24 am Actually, have you all the latest update? I was curious after all the latest praise here.

I didn't install MassiveX since some time but was constantly looking at the change logs in Native Access, which were mostly empty.

The browser is totally fine now?!
Unfortunately it’s only improved in relation to browsing factory and NI addon content but for managing your own and third party content it’s still useless

I see.

Anyone noticed that the first wavetable ' banana ' doesn't scan at all ?
It's just a static wave
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Use it with Gorilla mode! Hence the name... :P

I'm glad that this thread pushed the recent MassiveX 1.4 update. I wouldn't have tried it again after the years of stagnation. I think 1.3 was from 2020 or something.

It was imho a wrong decision to wait so long with this update and leave the product in alpha status for years. I think with 1.4 we've reached beta status at least. :-)

pixel85 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:43 am Did someone mentioned already that MX has the worst browser ever, UI is an abomination to the point that it's not possible to use it at all and about a problem of assigning midi cc to any parameter?

I think that it should be mentioned in every second post, in case if someone could forget about it.

Damn it, I think that it deserves a new social platform like twitter, designed only to post this (and only this) opinion.
the browser... is what it is (a dog). but the sound, the funcionality of a plugin matters most (to me), and those things make this a winner (ha! for me), as opposed to, say, a synth with a great browser & mediocre sound.... for me :D

@EvilDragon

Do you know why MassiveX doesn't expose parameters to the daw? You have to map everything to macros and you're limited to 16 at a time. Quite annoying to tweak this synth in real-time or to automate it.

Any thoughts on that?
Last edited by midi_transmission on Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fisherKing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:28 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:07 am
Rastkovic wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:05 am
Rastkovic wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:50 am Bought Massive X in the last BF sale. I made also a handful of sounds with it, but unfortunately I'm still not in love with it. I can't really say why. The sound quality is great, possibilities are big. Strange....
I changed my opinion about Massive X, since I discovered the filter feedback option (chapter 10.4 in the manual). Yes, a literally stupid simple thing, but it really beefs up the sound.
That’s really the thing about Massive X that all the other, “Vital is better, Phase Plant is the best,” people miss. Massive X sounds like some actual high end hybrid synth that would probably run you $3-4K for. Vital and Phase Plant are nice digital synths, but there’s some oomph to Massive X that most similar software synths lack. I just wish they’d give it MPE, or even polyphonic aftertouch. That’s where Vital shines.
i have MX and vital, and both are worthwhile. why do we always need to get into this competitive thing? i own a bunch of synth plugins (as do, i assume, most ppl here), and they each have value...
If that’s not what I was communicating, then my bad. That was my point. Massive X has some great aspects, and some WTFs. The WTFs make me use it less than I would had they not be there.

I’m no NI basher, but they definitely have shifted priorities. I’ll give kudos where kudos are deserved, but they also seem to be pandering to a type of musician that doesn’t include me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Rastkovic wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:50 am Bought Massive X in the last BF sale. I made also a handful of sounds with it, but unfortunately I'm still not in love with it. I can't really say why. The sound quality is great, possibilities are big. Strange....
I changed my opinion about Massive X, since I discovered the filter feedback option (chapter 10.4 in the manual). Yes, a literally stupid simple thing, but it really beefs up the sound.
That’s really the thing about Massive X that all the other, “Vital is better, Phase Plant is the best,” people miss. Massive X sounds like some actual high end hybrid synth that would probably run you $3-4K for. Vital and Phase Plant are nice digital synths, but there’s some oomph to Massive X that most similar software synths lack. I just wish they’d give it MPE, or even polyphonic aftertouch. That’s where Vital shines.
i have MX and vital, and both are worthwhile. why do we always need to get into this competitive thing?
Good question. But, you are asking the wrong person.

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:02 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:07 am Massive X sounds like some actual high end hybrid synth that would probably run you $3-4K for. Vital and Phase Plant are nice digital synths, but there’s some oomph to Massive X that most similar software synths lack.
:tu:

Despite it's many idiosyncrosies and the polarising attitude towards it's corporate creator, there's no valid argument regarding the sound quality of Massive X,because it's a serious power house :wink:

Ahhh...those filters :party:
I have no complaint about the sound quality of MX... it is top notch.

Modulation is oddly limited. There are no MSEG's and the LFO's are weak and poorly implemented. There are 'basic' shapes that are not possible. Like changing the width of a square wave. There is no phase control, and so on.

chk071 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:14 pm
i have MX and vital, and both are worthwhile. why do we always need to get into this competitive thing?
Good question. But, you are asking the wrong person.
just a general question, not for anyone in particular...

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:24 am The browser is totally fine now?!
No, the browser is still completely useless for user presets... there is no organization of any kind possible.

Return to “Instruments”