Best headphones under €400

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to ask you: Do you use headphone correction software even for neutral headphones?

cmd-r wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:44 pm +1 for the Beyers 1990
Otherwise I can highly recommend Ultrasone
Another +1 for the Beyerdynamic dt 1990. I moved to these from Sennheiser HD 650. I find the dt 1990 more accurate and more dynamic. I find they are also really very comfortable. Also, extremely solidly made.

**I DO use a correction curve from here, they have a quite a bump at about 8k, makes things sound quite sparkly
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/com ... q_presets/

**I also use Waves Ocean Way Nx as a room simulator - which I find really helps mixing on phones.

bluetalk wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:11 am I would like to ask you: Do you use headphone correction software even for neutral headphones?
No harm in it at all. No phones are perfectly neutral.

You can find good correction curves here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/com ... q_presets/

An EQ like Crave EQ where you can add lots of points will help a lot.

A little over 400 but DT1990 is really good. It transformed my mixes after I bought it.

I was going to suggest the AKG K712 Pro's... but I just checked the price and they have gone up a lot... now $640!! :o :o :o

bluetalk wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:11 am I would like to ask you: Do you use headphone correction software even for neutral headphones?
No... waste of time imo

I really like the Beyer DT880’s with Toneboosters Morphit. When I booth these I also had the DT1990, Sennheiser HD650, Audio Technical M50x and some Sony headphones here to compare and the DT880’swere my favourites for mixing!

I recommend V-Moda XS. It was around €200.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Audeze LCD-1.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”