Which was your first plugin ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

uvi plugsound and halion.

Steinberg Cubase VST 5.0 + AKG Samples

The first reverb I recall using all the time and for years was Kjaerhus.

A well-behaved signature.

heyheycnv wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:04 pm The first reverb I recall using all the time and for years was Kjaerhus.
I also used his plugins at the time.

And now I deleted them all and never want to hear about them again.
In case you’re not aware...
3d328a520041cd1c3ef0eabe5a6435bb.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I also remember using Prosoniq North Pole and Prosoniq PiWarp.

Those are even older than BigTick Angelina.

Wizooverb - was my 1st purchased plugin
oldest still in use - Zebra2. bought in 2007

Muon Tau (Pro) was the first 3rd party plugin I think. I had that one in the early days.

Next to my Creamware pulsar system which had also groundbreaking and paradigm shifting plugins (Miniscope etc) That was 1998, really such a great system back then.

eJay Techno. Not strictly a plugin. Actually a DAW I guess. Nevermind.

I think it may have been Abakos Pro, they did a no brainer for about a fiver or something back in the mid 2000s..?
Though may have been 2nd hand licenses of AD Bigseq2 and AAS UltraAnalog from the marketplace here.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:08 pm
gearwatcher wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:24 am Legacy of Cubase started in 1984 with Pro 16, a MIDI sequencer for Commodore 64 and it is probably valid to consider this the first DAW because it predates Protools - even the version that was just an audio editor and not multitrack - and it predates the first trackers because it came out before Amiga was commercially available.
The first non-linear hard disk recording audio workstation was according to Wikipedia 1989 Sonic Solutions. Protools 1991 and before there was Deck… And of course the Synclavier.
Cubase at that time was just a Midi sequencer, the term DAW didn’t really exist… No DAWs did not start with a C64, it was extremely expensive in the beginning…
My first DAW was a Digidesign 8-track hardware based beast somewhere in the late 90’s which isn’t even mentioned in most Digidesign history articles…
A lot of people still use their DAWs not for audio recording but to MIDI sequence virtual plugins.

I disagree that the line is drawn with ability to record audio. Software sequencers were very much the center of most work in studios that used them, and it's no wonder that the other central bit, the mixing desk, got MIDI automation fairly soon after automated faders became affordable enough for small studios.

But if you want to draw the line on the ability to mix audio, then Ultimate Soundtracker[1] predates public release of SoundDroid (which is the actual name of the non-linear audio editor by the company named Sonic Solutions) by two years.

Synclavier was a synth, it's audio recording capabilities were insignificant. I have no idea what you mean by Deck.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Soundtracker

Ppg wave 2.v around 2002 I think.

Mine the first version of T-Racks. I’ve been with the various versions ever since and love it.

RGC Audio's Pentagon, if I remember correctly.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Rene! Come back!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Return to “Effects”