Is it time for SUPER plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:57 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:52 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:48 pm Which bit of 'there is no such plugin, it is entirely imaginary, and noone is making it' needs reinforcing, I wonder.
I really think it’s going to happen.
There is a Python app that can already morph your voice using any other voice. The result is nearly pristine.
which one? all the ones ive seen sound about as pristine as hatsune miku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOmKuYMwjsk
No, that’s not that kind of sh!t.
I’ve been sent that link like a year ago, I’ll post it as soon as I find it back. Seriously it just works.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:48 pm Which bit of 'there is no such plugin, it is entirely imaginary, and noone is making it' needs reinforcing, I wonder.
There is a Python app that can already morph your voice using any other voice. The result is nearly pristine.
Of course, it's going to happen
the demand is pretty obvious
and the target customers will mainly
be younger people, of course or
some older ones who could manage
to escape from their cages
Release date will be approx. March 2023

Leo1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:04 pm Release date will be approx. March 2023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

DJErmac wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:03 pm

I’ve been sent that link like a year ago, I’ll post it as soon as I find it back. Seriously it just works.
I'm both surprised and interested. Cheers in advance!

Maybe the SUPER plugin is closer than we think! :hyper:

that would be cool in plugin form for vocal processing tho.
so sick of vocoders

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the "sing like x" thing done fairly well in the next few years. Spoken word audio deepfakes are getting pretty good and it's a natural extension of that. I'm not convinced the rest of it makes any sense at all. If you want to play guitar like Jimi Hendrix with minimal playing capabilities, the thing needs to totally transform what you're doing. Your timing, articulation, and note choices are going to need to be changed completely. Are you just supposed to strum chords and the AI does the rest? At that point why not cut out the middleman or -woman and just enter chords and other instructions in a UI? Not unlike the prompts from the current generation of AI image generators, actually. Transforming drum playing makes even less sense because there's not even chords involved.

Also as an aside I'd much rather see AI mixing and mastering plugins that actually work well. Let me keep doing the fun stuff and let the computer handle all the boring technical stuff.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:43 pm Also as an aside I'd much rather see AI mixing and mastering plugins that actually work well. Let me keep doing the fun stuff and let the computer handle all the boring technical stuff.
Or those of us who enjoy the techy stuff more than or as much as musical performance. :)

My take on AI supported mixing is that it allows for more attention to be paid elsewhere. It doesn't make the mix engineer redundant as his ears and vision are still required for direction, choosing the right tools to use and when to use them - which is what he was doing in the first place anyway.

Might make mastering engineers redundant though. :hihi:

Unaspected wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:56 pm
Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:43 pm Also as an aside I'd much rather see AI mixing and mastering plugins that actually work well. Let me keep doing the fun stuff and let the computer handle all the boring technical stuff.
Or those of us who enjoy the techy stuff more than or as much as musical performance. :)

My take on AI supported mixing is that it allows for more attention to be paid elsewhere. It doesn't make the mix engineer redundant as his ears and vision are still required for direction, choosing the right tools to use and when to use them - which is what he was doing in the first place anyway.

Totally fine if that's your thing! It's not mine and I'm just a hobbyist so I'd like to see it automated :)
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Unaspected wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:26 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:03 pm

I'm both surprised and interested. Cheers in advance!

Maybe the SUPER plugin is closer than we think! :hyper:
I’m quite sure this was this one :
https://github.com/CorentinJ/Real-Time-Voice-Cloning
It’s the most advanced I’ve heard so far.

I still see no use for it excepted good jokes. :D

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:59 pm
Unaspected wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Totally fine if that's your thing! It's not mine and I'm just a hobbyist so I'd like to see it automated :)
Fair enough. I wouldn't worry about polishing sketches though and there are plenty of types like me who might be interested in mixing your work when it is substantive. No need to wait for artificial when you can have actual. :)

DJErmac wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:07 pm I’m quite sure this was this one :

Nice! Thank you.

As Polki suggested, feeding it a voice and an instrument or an instrument and a texture might be a viable and welcome alternative to [regular] vocoding/noise-shaping. - I see it is based on vocoding.

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:09 pm

Nice! Thank you.

As Polki suggested, feeding it a voice and an instrument or an instrument and a texture might be a viable and welcome alternative to [regular] vocoding/noise-shaping. - I see it is based on vocoding.
I’m 99,9% convinced this example is indeed based on vocoding.
I read the whole thing at the time... I wanted to make jokes... :lol:

i guess we can come back in march and see if it happened because demand!

DJErmac wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:17 pm
Unaspected wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:09 pm

Nice! Thank you.

I’m 99,9% convinced this example is indeed based on vocoding.
I read the whole thing at the time... I wanted to make jokes... :lol:
making jokes is serious business!

Return to “Effects”