Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

Does Vital 1.5 work in older versions of Bitwig Studio?
I have Bitwig 3.3 and Vital 1.5 always crashes when I try to add it to a track.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:20 am How many factory presets should it (Plus) have? I count 5 in the factory folder - that can’t be right I’m sure there were more before I ran the updater
I count 7 on this system all with a date of 2020. I downloaded and imported the factory content and ended up with the same number so I guess that's correct. I don't remember what was there before.

The update downloaded and installed a handful of Venus Theory patches but they don't show in the browser. The files are present in the proper folder so I'm not sure what's going on. Edit: you have to take the presets folder out of the "freebies" subfolder for those patches to show. Apparently Vital didn't like them to be nested one level more. It's only 5 patches so perhaps not worth the effort.

The VST 2 version crashed FL Studio rather quickly but so far I can't reproduce the crash.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The plus should have 250 but they are all over the place, not only in the folder called Factory.
The preset organisation needs work imho and as teksonik points out, it only goes X folders deep. Also it doesn't show packs differently.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

You're right, the factory presets are spread out. I just cleaned out the Vital folder and re-imported the factory content:

Vital 092422-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I haven't found any way to disable automatic downloading. I click cancel every time, but every time I load vital it runs the download again. No offence to Venus Theory, but I don't want the presets and I don't want them (or any for that matter) to auto download :D
Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 18.10.16.png

LFO8 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:23 pm No offence to Venus Theory, but I don't want the presets and I don't want them (or any for that matter) to auto download :D

You will USE it and you will ENJOY IT! :tantrum:
please Like, Comment and Subscribe!

Propellerhands wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:55 pm
LFO8 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:23 pm No offence to Venus Theory, but I don't want the presets and I don't want them (or any for that matter) to auto download :D

You will USE it and you will ENJOY IT! :tantrum:
I really like his work, but I just do not have any interest in the presets as I make all my own in Vital.

Same same. To me Vital is a bit weird right now, don't have enough time to dig deeper into it and find out if I truly like it as a synth or not.

Propellerhands wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Same same. To me Vital is a bit weird right now, don't have enough time to dig deeper into it and find out if I truly like it as a synth or not.
haha, what? what makes a synth 'a bit weird'? as opposed to what: a bit plain, dull, generic...?

if you don't have time to dig in, that makes sense. otherwise.. no idea what you mean...

fisherKing wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:46 pm
Propellerhands wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Same same. To me Vital is a bit weird right now, don't have enough time to dig deeper into it and find out if I truly like it as a synth or not.
haha, what? what makes a synth 'a bit weird'? as opposed to what: a bit plain, dull, generic...?

if you don't have time to dig in, that makes sense. otherwise.. no idea what you mean...
I don't know, what makes vanilla icecream tastier to some people compared to chocolate icecream? Matter of preference and taste. What I meant, Vital doesn't look generic synth, it is just.. a bit weird to me, it's all 😁 you got it.

P.s. Serum is also weird to me, so here's that. And I'm a big fanboy of Duda

Propellerhands wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:52 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:46 pm

I don't know, what makes vanilla icecream tastier to some people compared to chocolate icecream? Matter of preference and taste. What I meant, Vital doesn't look generic synth, it is just.. a bit weird to me, it's all 😁 you got it.

P.s. Serum is also weird to me, so here's that. And I'm a big fanboy of Duda
not sure what a 'generic' synth is, but... if serum is 'also weird', then, so it goes. for me, one of the great joys of making music (and/or just working with synths) is the exploration. but no harm is playing it safe. whatever works :tu:

Propellerhands wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:52 pm it is just.. a bit weird to me, it's all
I don't understand the meaning of "weird" in this synth context. Since you didn't elaborate on what exactly you perceive as "weird", can you just name a synth that doesn't seem "weird" to you?

It's fine if you don't like it, as that's just an honest reaction, but trying to understand what you meant... :D

I've got dozens of synths, and they are all weird in their own lovable way to me, LOL!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

:clown:

I'll ask again, does anyone know what the green dot next to Unison in Osc 1 is for? I saw something about "Subharmonic Unison" being added but I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

It wasn't there in older versions and doesn't show in Osc 2 or 3 so....... :shrug:

Vital 092422-1.png

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:26 pm I'll ask again, does anyone know what the green dot next to Unison in Osc 1 is for? I saw something about "Subharmonic Unison" being added but I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

It wasn't there in older versions and doesn't show in Osc 2 or 3 so....... :shrug:
I thought you had moved on from Vital?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”