Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

Oh Great news.
Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Rickskii wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:07 pm I have ran the demo of infiltrator a couple of times now and I am a huge fan of DM plugins.

However, I am not feeling it with infiltrator.

Using a variety of sounds on testing I feel that most sounds just sound like the selected preset regardless of what I use. I have tried to use as a send and also tweaking the mix nob to taste which doesn’t seem to help. It just sounds like the preset over the top of the sample sound. It is as if they remain separate and are not enmeshed together.

Maybe I am using it wrong. Just my 2 cents…
That shouldn't really be the case.

The presets that use huge amounts of comb filtering or very short repeats can sometimes sound more like that preset than your incoming audio.

We will get some more demo videos made soon showing how to get specific results.

I may post the Ableton session for the Introducing Infiltrator backing track as well which has a good few cool examples in, some of which are presets (the outro effect and the scratching effect in the middle) and some of which I designed to specifically for that track. I'll need to tidy the session up a bit though :)

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An Ableton session with examples how you use it would be awesome.

jcredland wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:16 pm
Rickskii wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:07 pm I have ran the demo of infiltrator a couple of times now and I am a huge fan of DM plugins.

Using a variety of sounds on testing I feel that most sounds just sound like the selected preset regardless of what I use. I have tried to use as a send and also tweaking the mix nob to taste which doesn’t seem to help. It just sounds like the preset over the top of the sample sound. It is as if they remain separate and are not enmeshed together.

The presets that use huge amounts of comb filtering or very short repeats can sometimes sound more like that preset than your incoming audio.

We will get some more demo videos made soon showing how to get specific results.

I may post the Ableton session for the Introducing Infiltrator backing track as well which has a good few cool examples in, some of which are presets (the outro effect and the scratching effect in the middle) and some of which I designed to specifically for that track. I'll need to tidy the session up a bit though :)
I would really look forward to that :) :) :tu:

jcredland wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:16 pm

Thanks that would be great. I really want to like this and will hopefully understand it better after some more information.

Hey all, just catching up on this thread, and really pleased to read all your positive feedback on Infiltrator 2!

With regard to the questions and feature requests (let me know if I've missed anything):
zvenx wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:08 amwhy is there no drive in the Ladder LP filter?
This was a design decision. As Jim said the filter does saturate internally, but the result of overdriving it wasn't very different to following the filter with a drive module (or the master drive). Conversely, without oversampling the overdriven filter would alias quite badly with some signals. Since the ladder is the default filter, the decision was to omit drive and keep it clean/lean/efficient.
zvenx wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:08 am And I haven't read the manual with v2 yet or looked at tutorials so it may already be there, but can you control the vocoder's pitch in real time via midi?
Not currently a thing. I expect also people will want to feed the carrier signal with the plugin sidechain instead of the internal oscillator. I'll make sure both are on the list for potential future additions.
Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:01 pmAh what! NEED randomiser on a plugin like this.
OK, we'll look into it at some point. Just need to come up with an algorithm that'll produce useful results
Laughonme wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:47 pm I’d like to loudly proclaim the desire for sidechain input option. That was my #1 feature hope after purchase. Any chance this could be added? Please please.
Yes, I expect we can do that at some point.
cb8rwh wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:26 pmIs there any chance that the randomise button could be triggered by a midi note in the future? I would like to just set some notes/chords going and then trigger the random button every couple of bars. Leave it running for 10 mins or so, then chop up the results.
That's problematic, because loading up effects can cause the plugin latency to change, quite dramatically if FFT effects are used. This causes the host to reconfigure delay compensation, which in most hosts causes playback of the whole session to hiccup. It seems like bad design to allow MIDI note data to be recorded/sent which corrupts playback in this way, hence I think this probably won't be something we'll allow.
wvshpr wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:10 am Is there a chance that the FFT windows can be automated?
Afraid not, for much the same reason as the previous answer.
wvshpr wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:10 am Is there a way to have the Varispeed not reset every (minimum of) four bars?
How long would you want? The effect has to record audio history, so the max length was a tradeoff with memory usage.
Rickskii wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:07 pm Using a variety of sounds on testing I feel that most sounds just sound like the selected preset regardless of what I use. I have tried to use as a send and also tweaking the mix nob to taste which doesn’t seem to help. It just sounds like the preset over the top of the sample sound. It is as if they remain separate and are not enmeshed together.
Use it as a track insert, have a flick through the "Rhythmic destruction" preset category and see if you still feel that way ;-)

Thanks Don...
are the other filters oversampled or none are?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:48 pm are the other filters oversampled or none are?
Yes, the filters with drive are oversampled.

domsmart wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:50 am
zvenx wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:48 pm are the other filters oversampled or none are?
Yes, the filters with drive are oversampled.
And they sound great! Massive respect for making Infiltrator even more next-level than version one. This update absolutely rocks! Thanks Dom & company. With tools like this, it’s no wonder that Neurodriver tracks have such addictive grooves!! Peace!! 8)

Awesome update. This thing is now a goto fx in so many situations.

Is multiple sequences something planned? Also, ages ago someone else requested poly-metre sequences, where different fx lanes move at different tempos.

zoidkirb wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:49 pm Awesome update. This thing is now a goto fx in so many situations.

Is multiple sequences something planned? Also, ages ago someone else requested poly-metre sequences, where different fx lanes move at different tempos.
All on the list to look at. Although we have some other things to finish next before we get back to another big Infiltrator update.

cheers!

I hope multiband is in the works. It would totally replace shaperbox for me if there was multiband support.

+1 for multiband

Hats off to Devious Machines for making this a free upgrade, especially with the insane amount of presets it now has!

https://youtu.be/BLPbuoNdMFo

Return to “Effects”