Is it time for SUPER plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:16 am I'm gonna bump this because I don't want to make another thread (not yet at least) to ask this question which has been bothering me for quite some time:

Is it time for SUPER plugin?
I don't know, but it does seem like there's been some demand in this thread for a potato plugin. I might take that on as a project, I dunno. If I do, what do we think about "Potato Pleasure" as a name? I mean, you should start with the branding and other important stuff like that, no? We can get to the technical details later.

It is not.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Leo1999 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:22 am
licasto2 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:42 am
Leo1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:30 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:17 am
Leo1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:56 am
jamcat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:50 am A plugin that will play songs you didn’t write in the style of someone else?

Isn’t that called Spotify?
No you for instance play a guitar and plugin will transform it to the playing style and sound of a certain guitarist. You still have to play something, the plugin will refer to what you give him.
why?

If you can play well enough that applying someone else's 'sound and style' wont still sound like utter shite, what's the actual point of applying it?

And if you cant play well enough that applying someone else's 'sound and style' wont still sound like utter shite, what's the actual point of applying that sound and style?

I mean if this magical fairywand plugin is going to have to change any of the music you played, not just its sound and style, so that its actually decent guitar playing in that sound and style, then it might as well do it from scratch, the playing itself is pointless.
I give you an extreme example.
Let's say I have a latin style mix and would like
to add a guitar like Paco de Lucia.
Who can play like him? You will hardly find someone.
So I play a guitar on keyboard chords and some melodies or
solo, maybe it will sound flamenco-like, but still too far to sound good.
Super Plugin makes it sound good, simple as that.
When you know the story behind some musicians, you
will know they had to practice a lot.
There is not much time available for young people any more,
they also need to spend quite a lot of time on posting to
tik tok, insta or whatever
. Times have changed.
Who would spend 6 hours a day on practicing today,
only a very few exceptions and they, too, will have to adapt
to day's production standards.

SUPER plugin will save a lot of time
Some of the funniest shit I've read in awhile..... That the excuse of an absolute and complete wanna-be. If you are an ACTUAL musician you don't make excuses to to NOT practice. You do it because that's WHAT you do... You need to get a Donda and "make some beats".
Why haven't you marked "exceptions"!?
Just keep on watching the world with closed eyes just not to see the reality.
It refers to the majority and with about 40000 new uploads to Spotify e-v-e-r-y day, even
music producers have become a majority, because everyone can produce music
today.
Throw a stone into a crowd and you will for sure hit a music producer!
In the 90ies people said, throw a stone into a crowd and you will
for sure hit a DJ.
Times are changing!
I don't know what you are talking about and you absolutely don't know what you are talking about.
WTF doe Spotify have to do with you being too lazy to practice? It's almost like you are mad at the world because you suck. Do you REALLY think that if there where a "SUPER PLUGIN" that could make a talentless twat sound good that it WOULDN'T make an actual talented musician sound infinitely better than a FL Studio[k] & Unison chord pack "producer"???

licasto2 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:01 am
Leo1999 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:22 am
licasto2 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:42 am
Leo1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:30 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:17 am
Leo1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:56 am

No you for instance play a guitar and plugin will transform it to the playing style and sound of a certain guitarist. You still have to play something, the plugin will refer to what you give him.
why?

If you can play well enough that applying someone else's 'sound and style' wont still sound like utter shite, what's the actual point of applying it?

And if you cant play well enough that applying someone else's 'sound and style' wont still sound like utter shite, what's the actual point of applying that sound and style?

I mean if this magical fairywand plugin is going to have to change any of the music you played, not just its sound and style, so that its actually decent guitar playing in that sound and style, then it might as well do it from scratch, the playing itself is pointless.
I give you an extreme example.
Let's say I have a latin style mix and would like
to add a guitar like Paco de Lucia.
Who can play like him? You will hardly find someone.
So I play a guitar on keyboard chords and some melodies or
solo, maybe it will sound flamenco-like, but still too far to sound good.
Super Plugin makes it sound good, simple as that.
When you know the story behind some musicians, you
will know they had to practice a lot.
There is not much time available for young people any more,
they also need to spend quite a lot of time on posting to
tik tok, insta or whatever
. Times have changed.
Who would spend 6 hours a day on practicing today,
only a very few exceptions and they, too, will have to adapt
to day's production standards.

SUPER plugin will save a lot of time
Some of the funniest shit I've read in awhile..... That the excuse of an absolute and complete wanna-be. If you are an ACTUAL musician you don't make excuses to to NOT practice. You do it because that's WHAT you do... You need to get a Donda and "make some beats".
Why haven't you marked "exceptions"!?
Just keep on watching the world with closed eyes just not to see the reality.
It refers to the majority and with about 40000 new uploads to Spotify e-v-e-r-y day, even
music producers have become a majority, because everyone can produce music
today.
Throw a stone into a crowd and you will for sure hit a music producer!
In the 90ies people said, throw a stone into a crowd and you will
for sure hit a DJ.
Times are changing!
I don't know what you are talking about and you absolutely don't know what you are talking about.
WTF doe Spotify have to do with you being too lazy to practice? It's almost like you are mad at the world because you suck. Do you REALLY think that if there where a "SUPER PLUGIN" that could make a talentless twat sound good that it WOULDN'T make an actual talented musician sound infinitely better than a FL Studio[k] & Unison chord pack "producer"???
Spotify just example!
Last edited by Leo1999 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Leo1999- The fun and games are over. Since you are a beta tester and you signed my NDA I suggest you stop talking about my plugin. Consider this your first and only warning or you WILL BE hearing from my legal team.

I'm very confused now. I thought that this thread was about potatoes?

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:36 am I'm very confused now. I thought that this thread was about potatoes?
You say 'potato', I say, 'SUPER plugin'.

Don't you use delays?
Last edited by Leo1999 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Also, I would like to say that I no longer identify as a musician, or a non-musician, or as a producer, or as a producah, but rather, a selekta. I selekt sounds for your pleasure. I find selekting music is much easier than producing it, or god forbid, musicianing it.

All of my selektions are, as they say (on the continent), on fleeque, as my latest banger clearly demonstrates.

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:52 am Also, I would like to say that I no longer identify as a musician, or a non-musician, or as a producer, or as a producah, but rather, a selekta. I selekt sounds for your pleasure. I find selekting music is much easier than producing it, or god forbid, musicianing it.

All of my selektions are, as they say (on the continent), on fleeque, as my latest banger clearly demonstrates.
More or less
Last edited by Leo1999 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leo1999 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:55 am
ghettosynth wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:52 am Also, I would like to say that I no longer identify as a musician, or a non-musician, or as a producer, or as a producah, but rather, a selekta. I selekt sounds for your pleasure. I find selekting music is much easier than producing it, or god forbid, musicianing it.

That's what DJs in 1990ies did more or less,
that's not what SUPER plugin is supposed to do,
SUPER plugin gives you variations, enhancements
of something you have played and recorded
I'm not a DJ, I'm a selekta. DJs are way too full of themselves. I do like enhancement though, don't we all?

Som,etimes, yes
Last edited by Leo1999 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

I’m also developing an add-on preset pack with the theme of drugs. Want your drums to play too fast? Use the 1978 Mick Fleetwood on blow preset. Want your composition to have a live but terrible vibe? Try the 1981 Aerosmith live on smack patch.

Leo1999 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:08 amClapton's While my guitar gently wheeps solo
guitar wheeps arent music.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Does the Jagger preset include the clapping? :hyper:

jagger.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”