Behringer EDGE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So with all things, they change… Really well done by Behringer! :)

This is an update video just released by Benn Jordan who did a previous video about the bad stuff about Behringer. Turns out Behringer really listened to what he had to say in that video (his most watched!) :hug: Big time!

Just watch the video, only 2 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9pA5SS5DhY
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

right....Moog DFAM is out ...Behringer EDGE Not Yet....

What would be the best option to go for to get as close as poss. to the sounds DFAM can produce in the VST format ??

Many thx in advance for suggestions :phones: :idea:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I must say I'm looking forward to this one : - Drumlogue -

https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2021 ... k-preview/

should be fun...for now I'll try Backbone - loading samples and making some snappy glitchy sounds.
I do have Chromaphone - always thought it has the potential for unusual percussive sounds that can then be layered
to create some crazy stuff - will see..

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 pm I must say I'm looking forward to this one : - Drumlogue -

should be fun...for now I'll try Backbone - loading samples and making some snappy glitchy sounds.
I do have Chromaphone - always thought it has the potential for unusual percussive sounds that can then be layered
Korg heard that I wanted a drum machine so they designed one that would match my Prologue :hihi: I hope I can physically touch one of these to find out how the pads feel.

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...not worth it - the amount of built in memory is pathetic...

JockMcRonan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:37 pm
Constructed Identity wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:55 pm
AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 pm I must say I'm looking forward to this one : - Drumlogue -

Korg heard that I wanted a drum machine so they designed one that would match my Prologue :hihi: I hope I can physically touch one of these to find out how the pads feel.
Not really pads at all as I understand it. Not velocity sensitive or anything like that, basically just buttons to program in sequences.
JockMcRonan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:12 am Ugh...Here we go...Hey all you ADHD kids...I think this thread is about Drumlogue...
….errrr…. Behringer Edge :P :lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JockMcRonan wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:12 am
cryophonik wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:58 am
JockMcRonan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:12 am Ugh...Here we go...Hey all you ADHD kids...I think this thread is about Drumlogue...
….errrr…. Behringer Edge :P :lol:
:lol: Guilty your honour...It has only taken a few months back here to fall into the traps.. :dog:
No worries, it’s all good when we’re discussing all the toys that we don’t need…but will buy anyway :help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:02 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:51 pm The personal decision you made, based on feedback you read on an internet site, was to never buy a Behinger product anymore. Which is fair enough. But, shouldn't be of importance for this thread, and a topic which is being discussed over several pages.

It's as important to me as if a bag of rice drops in China. I'm here to read about Behinger's products. Not to read about political opinions of single users.
Well my first post in this thread was: ”Cool, I wanna buy this drum machine”, but then I obviously changed my mind.
I respect the fact that this thread is about Edge and I will now leave the thread! :)
Probably have been other threads about this. Your not the only one disapproving of Behringers approach.

They're clearly a bunch of ripoff artists as this Edge demonstrates. Clear rip off of a much more original DFAM.

Why can't they just try and come up with something similar that isn't just a pound shop rip off.

There's almost nothing about the Edge that's worthwhile to discuss, because it's all been said in DFAM threads...

_leras wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:31 am
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:02 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:51 pm The personal decision you made, based on feedback you read on an internet site, was to never buy a Behinger product anymore. Which is fair enough. But, shouldn't be of importance for this thread, and a topic which is being discussed over several pages.

It's as important to me as if a bag of rice drops in China. I'm here to read about Behinger's products. Not to read about political opinions of single users.
Well my first post in this thread was: ”Cool, I wanna buy this drum machine”, but then I obviously changed my mind.
I respect the fact that this thread is about Edge and I will now leave the thread! :)
Probably have been other threads about this. Your not the only one disapproving of Behringers approach.

They're clearly a bunch of ripoff artists as this Edge demonstrates. Clear rip off of a much more original DFAM.

Why can't they just try and come up with something similar that isn't just a pound shop rip off.

There's almost nothing about the Edge that's worthwhile to discuss, because it's all been said in DFAM threads...
Edge has Midi, this is something the DFAM lacks. The price is also very different. The DFAM is a niche product like the similar EDGE but what it makes this synth so appealing is that many of us could afford it an integrate in a normal Midi setup more easily. So I think there is a lot to be said of this synth.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”