Is it time for SUPER plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jules99 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:14 pm This has to be the best worst teasing of a plugin since Massive X. Also, you do know that there already is a plugin called superplugin?
https://ddmf.eu/superplugin/
SUPER! It's a plugin!
Last edited by Leo1999 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think we'll have tons of ”super plugins” in just a few years.

Just check my thread below about this very same topic.

In it you'll find videos about the future and even the music AI is capable of creating right now: Everything from Coltrane style free jazz to death metal:

viewtopic.php?t=583732
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Many innovative plugins!
Last edited by Leo1999 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:27 pm I think we'll have tons of ”super plugins” in just a few years.

Just check my thread below about this very same topic.

In it you'll find videos about the future and even the music AI is capable of creating right now: Everything from Coltrane style free jazz to death metal:

viewtopic.php?t=583732
Great, but maybe you have noticed that some people
obviously condemn such a plugin

The plugin itself could be interesting, but your words are doing it no justice.

You speak as if the literal craft of touching instruments and making music has had its time, is boring, that the current younger generation are not interested in playing instruments as an expressive art from, and would much rather spend their time refining slider positions on some magical plugin won't ever come.

You don't seem to understand how frustrating it is for you to come to a creative community and say "screw that, this rocks" as if you know WHY each of us do it in the first place, and you don't. This tool takes away the magic many humans spend hours/days/years practising, refining and become ever closer to a relationship with the real physical world around us and the way we enjoy the infinite nuances of real instruments. Have you ever played a fully acoustic instrument and felt how it feels against your body? Or had your head vibrate with the feedback from a tuba?

Because it doesn't sound like it.

If these are your students or something then great, they're having a look at some really interesting technology, which probably won't make it past the pre-pre-alpha stage of a product development cycle, and it _may_ be of use to some marketing agencies, or buskers, or even dudes who want to jam. But it is not the future of what our ears and brains are looking for regarding meaningful emotional performances and artful expression.

I promise you, whatever this turns out to be, will not be a significant part of the future of music-making to the majority of musicians and producer who are looking to create real music. It may have a moment, and that moment may seem large, but it will not last like the piano, violin, guitar, drums and brass (and all related instruments found around the globe) of the last few centuries.

Unless you want a human future like Wall-E, which you might.

Just let your guys get on with it, and maybe stop talking about it if you're not involved with the project itself, and have no ability to talk about it with any distance or detail.

The conversation has been bled dry and I'm not sure, unless you have actual new information, there is much more to be said.

I rather also think there will be a lot of
superplugins in a few years and the time
is ready for it.
Future will show whether it will be good or not.
And it's also the question who will like using it, so good for whom? !
There are always people who glorify the good old days, but innovations either succeed or they fail.
Is it important for anyone if in 80 years people will remember or still like The Beatles?
Most of us will be dead and the young generation
will prefer listening to the music of its generation whatever it will sound like or maybe there will be a revival, everything is possible
Last edited by Plugintester on Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You speak in exactly the same way as Leo1999 so it's difficult to believe you aren't the same human in a different face, framing your words with a different haircut..
But we can still hear your voice. You seem to have forgotten.

Maybe you need the superplugin to hide your identities

CinningBao wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:11 pm You speak in exactly the same way as Leo1999 so it's difficult to believe you aren't the same human in a different face, framing your words with a different haircut..

Me or @Plugintester ?? :hihi: :hihi:
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

CinningBao wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:11 pm You speak in exactly the same way as Leo1999 so it's difficult to believe you aren't the same human in a different face, framing your words with a different haircut..

you can be sure I will buy a superplugin!?
and as I have already posted,
I would like to have it for background vocals
first and foremost
and whether I am on good terms with somebody inside or even outside this thread is my decision!

I aired the same suspicion about a different poster a few pages back, and found it interesting that they suddenly vanished from the conversation...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

SUPER Plugintester
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I'm SUPERplugintester and so is my wife.

Haha it's getting ridiculous again
Imagine plugintester and I even made some project
together in the past lol
SUPER plugin will make you speechless
when it will be finished and released also those
who are in doubt now.

In two or three weeks I will add vocal examples
and I am looking forward to reading your feedbacks lol

The two masterminds Tom and Peter
will revolutionize the plugin world imo

I am neither against nor for AI music.
The tech will find its place for those who need or want it.

But how many are actually willing to learn to play an instrument once this type of technology advances? :shrug:

Professional studio musicians play mainly what others want them to play: basically what record labels or new trends dictate, or the same ol' same ol' in their respective genre.
AI might replace them.

Those using AI generated music for their youtube videos, or movie soundtracks etc. will also solely cater to what others want to hear ensuring the video is a success.
(The music will not be anything special)

What is data? Just pre-defined already established patterns.
And then the AI spits out variations from these established patterns based on prompts.

What makes up a genre are specific established things to that certain genre:

So one would think that with AI people can start creating a fusion of various genres that will revolutionize music…???

Well the thing is mankind is still not really good at creating fusion music haha, the fact that all 70s ”jazz-fusion” sound exactly the same reveals this…Everyone still stuck in a certain format with all the same traits… :lol:

So-called ”Experimental music” on the other hand always turns out as something weird, eerie and atonal…haha! :hihi:

Real feelings have way more to them than the ”already established” ARTIFICIAL feelings of expression found in genres where one has to follow a certain format…

So those unaffected by all of this are those who play instruments mainly for self-expression and inner joy, not money or pleasing others.

The word amateur actually comes from the french ”for the love of it”! ;)

Summary of everything written above:
Cutting down trees for christmas is really bad and the alternative of getting a plastic tree is also bad… :hug:

jules99 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:14 pm This has to be the best worst teasing of a plugin since Massive X. Also, you do know that there already is a plugin called superplugin?
https://ddmf.eu/superplugin/
I'd go with SYOOPER, you know, sort of with a German accent.

Return to “Effects”