Any realtime midi oriented daw?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I use DAW i create some good loops.
When I use grooveboxes like OP-Z or Polyend Tracker I create some good transitions by using various realtime fxs that are applied to midi patterns.
I always find it hard to create these nice "random" transitions in DAWs.

I know that I can use plugins like Tornado or Glitch to get something similar but i would much more like to see possibility to transform midi in realtime and not audio via external plugin.

Do you have some tips to get similar experience with computer?
Ive got feeling that Bitwig and Mulab can do similar things but it would get a lot of work to get these user created effects intuitive and user-friendly for realtime performance.

Loomer architect , prepare to get your hands dirty because it's a verry deep but amazing program
You do need a few braincells to make the best of it , t's focus is primarly on realtime midi manipulation etc..
I'v made sysex editors in it for my hardware , real time live jam environments etc ..and best part of all you can get started right away witth the amazing stepsequencers .
It can run as a vst plugin even hosting Vst plugs or standalone
It's the bee's knees
viewforum.php?f=141
https://www.loomer.co.uk/architect.html
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

You might have a look at Renoise. I forget how flexible the MIDI is, but it might have what you need.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:08 pm You might have a look at Renoise. I forget how flexible the MIDI is, but it might have what you need.
Renoise does have some tools, good point but l still have to find one which does what i need. I am Renoise user for many years btw

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:10 pm Loomer architect , prepare to get your hands dirty because it's a verry deep but amazing program
You do need a few braincells to make the best of it , t's focus is primarly on realtime midi manipulation etc..
I'v made sysex editors in it for my hardware , real time live jam environments etc ..and best part of all you can get started right away witth the amazing stepsequencers .
It can run as a vst plugin even hosting Vst plugs or standalone
It's the bee's knees
viewforum.php?f=141
https://www.loomer.co.uk/architect.html
Hey, i was waiting for architect many many years and when i tried for the first time i didnt get it.
The problem to me seems to be that architect (or bitwig midi grid, max…) can do so many things that i will never get something simple and intuitive from it. But i give it some time, thanks

maybe try giada?

shorty wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:02 pm maybe try giada?
I would like to but I cant run it on my macbook m1.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”