Quanta - A new granular synth from Audio Damage (Now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quanta 2

I can’t see how to upgrade with the PB version? I wish they would just enable me to integrate it in my AD account

mossie23 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:55 am So upgrading from the AD website costs me $59, and upgrading from Pluginboutique would cost me $59 as well. But the Pluginboutique price is with VAT included, and as I'm VAT exempt, it would cost me 21% less (about $11). So I'd rather upgrade through Pluginboutique. Which I can't seem to do because I bought v1 from the AD website directly.

Does anybody know a way to get the v1 license into my Pluginboutique account?
I think you can"t. That"s the strategy. This way you are forced to buy stuff there to be able to upgrade. I"m in the same situation with Physion. Afaik, no other shop has this restriction. Pretty annoying.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:32 pm I can’t see how to upgrade with the PB version?
afaik you log into your PB account
goto
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... rom-Quanta

and purchase the upgrade version (at 59-something instead of 129someting)...

doesn't it work that way ?

muki wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:03 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:32 pm I can’t see how to upgrade with the PB version?
afaik you log into your PB account
goto
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... rom-Quanta

and purchase the upgarde version (at 59-something instead of 129someting)...

doesn't it work that way ?
Ah thanks I can see that - was hoping there would be an upgrade code I could use on the AD site so I don't have to be waiting all the time for PB to keep up with the AD version (it's never in sync with the AD version)

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:05 pm ..........
Ah thanks I can see that - was hoping there would be an upgrade code I could use on the AD site so I don't have to be waiting all the time for PB to keep up with the AD version (it's never in sync with the AD version)
It isn't... a Quanta 1 update fixes an issue I have always had with it, has been released a few days ago.. Still not at PB.

https://twitter.com/audiodamage/status/ ... _vi3WqO3LQ

rsp
sound sculptist

OK well I have had enough of this ridiculous situation and have written to AD asking how to integrate my purchases with my AD account. It is just daft having 2 separate versions in different company accounts and no other reseller or company does this afaik - nor do they make it clear this is the case.

I hate that crap. Surreal Machines does that crap too. Just ha PB sell a code that you can redeem at the normal website.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:31 pm OK well I have had enough of this ridiculous situation and have written to AD asking how to integrate my purchases with my AD account. It is just daft having 2 separate versions in different company accounts and no other reseller or company does this afaik - nor do they make it clear this is the case.
Many products in PB are like this. Many are not. One benefit is updates across all prodcuts purchased on PB are available in the "Updates" section. It's a one-stop-shop for updates across a bunch of different products. Those products that are on PB-only if purchased on PB feels like it opens up some risks...

Ok I've bought quite a few from PB and the only other ones I have seen that have updates through PB but not from the dev site user account are those that don't have a user site like Glitchmachines. The majority give me a code to authorise on the Dev site and integrate in my user account. I wouldn't mind quite so much if they kept in sync but they don't.

andi75 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:43 pm
mossie23 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:55 am So upgrading from the AD website costs me $59, and upgrading from Pluginboutique would cost me $59 as well. But the Pluginboutique price is with VAT included, and as I'm VAT exempt, it would cost me 21% less (about $11). So I'd rather upgrade through Pluginboutique. Which I can't seem to do because I bought v1 from the AD website directly.

I think you can"t. That"s the strategy. This way you are forced to buy stuff there to be able to upgrade. I"m in the same situation with Physion. Afaik, no other shop has this restriction. Pretty annoying.
Sent PB a message and they provided me with a coupon to upgrade on their website. I only had to show a screenshot of the original AD invoice. Great service!

Btw I emailed PB about a Quanta 1 update to 1.22a. They said they no longer sell Quanta (1) so I should contact AD if I needed any updates to Quanta 1.

rsp
sound sculptist

mossie23 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:05 am
andi75 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:43 pm

Sent PB a message and they provided me with a coupon to upgrade on their website. I only had to show a screenshot of the original AD invoice. Great service!
They have changed the page with the upgrade policy 9 days ago. I'm sure it didn't work this way before. But yes, it's ok now.

So can I update my PB version through AD now too?

In 12-2021 got Quanta for $59 plus got The Orb for free
Great deal! Got at PB

Will there be a lower upgrade price than the $59 at PB.
Or wait for a bundle or a freebie included offer?

Really would love to have Quanta 2 but do I have the patience for a better deal?
Perhaps in October the PB freebies will include some plugin I desire.

I love this synth, but I have to say that is priced to high for waht it does. I will wait for BF deal.

Return to “Instruments”