FL Studio Producer Edition or Signature Edition?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone

I haven't used FL Studio in my life, I was more of a Cubase fan. But I decided to stop making music a few weeks ago for personal reasons. However I didn't lose the passion for music.

I'm considering purchasing [mod edit: iffy link remove] as my primary DAW (beatmaking, recording vocals, mixing). I see there's the FL Producer and Signature Edition. Which one should I go for?

Since you say you are a first time user, go for a free demo and see what plugins you like to use the most.
That will guide you to go for which version you need (or go away from FL studio back to Cubase)
The investment in FL Studio is one time and they keep giving a lot of improvements.
Any missing feature will some day crop as an free update.
Regards.
maanga

image line is a developer. their flagship product is fl studio. its a remarkable piece of daw software. image line is not among the top plugin makers. if you want to get the best synth and effects currently available, you should check other developers, who mainly do plugin development.
Anyway you should decide what Fl "Bundle" you need, You can find a nice comparison on the website.
And i don' understand if you stop making music, why buy another DAW ? If you have Cubase, you don't really need another DAW.

One of Fl Studio's hidden strength is to make visualusations for the music. just check Zgameeditor visualiser tool. Another 'hidden' stuff is the Patcher tool.
And of course, for someone making music, a second DAW is a practical option to investigate plugin bugs.

Imho you should try the free (and full) demo of reaper, maybe its better for you than Cubase....

G-Sounds wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:24 am Hi Everyone

I haven't used FL Studio in my life, I was more of a Cubase fan. But I decided to stop making music a few weeks ago for personal reasons. However I didn't lose the passion for music.

I'm considering purchasing [mod edit: iffy link removed] as my primary DAW (beatmaking, recording vocals, mixing). I see there's the FL Producer and Signature Edition. Which one should I go for?
Here is an comparison between the different versions. Hope this helps.
https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio/compare-editions/

maanga wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:05 am Any missing feature will some day crop as an free update...
Worst advice ever!

Keep in mind: with FL Studio you are not allowed to sell your license again.

I believe you are not a FL studio user and not aware of so many features that they release every now and then with no cost to the user. Regards.
maanga

All versions except Fruity Edition have the same base feature set. The difference is in the bundled plugins. Easiest way is to just look at the included plugins and decide whether they're something you want/need.

Image-Line do add new features to the DAW, but they don't just randomly make plugins previously only available in higher editions available to lower editions. You won't suddenly get Newtone or Harmor in Producer edition, for example.

However it's easy to upgrade to a higher edition and there's only a small penalty (or maybe none at all?) compared to buying the higher edition outright. So if you're unsure you can start with a lower edition and upgrade (keeping in mind there's a discount on your "birthday").

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I would take all plugins edition. With intelligent buying you can get it for 300+something and only then you get the full FL studio experience with all the very good plugins (Harmor!). There are many young bedroom producers who just use this alone to produce whole albums. Furthermore it‘s very probable (but not guaranteed) if they ever add a new nice instrument, that it will be added to that bundle.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”