Is Spectralayers useful for anything?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancit wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:53 pm
Most of responses in this thread are more likely this would be a must have
Not a single person in this thread even just hinted at this, so that claim of yours is a lie plain and simple!

Instead we did our best to explain what the plugin actually is and does and why, how and under what circumstances it can be useful indeed - which is exactly what Kritikon asked.

You, on the other hand... :dog:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Trancit wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:53 pm Second, why isn´t that valuable information...?

Somebody asks how useful this process is and me as a person with 27 years of experience state, I never missed it in my whole (producing) life... I think that tells far more than all of your theoretical blablabla...
It really isn’t valuable information at all, because you obviously have no experience with Spectralayers. This kind of question is aimed at people who do have experience and have a use for it.
27 years of experience state is completely irrelevant in this case, as you have no idea what kind of music the op is producing, and on top you have no idea for what one can use Spectralayers. That is obvious, because others can even show it. You can learn in this thread as much as the op, but there is nothing for you to teach…
Spectralayers is certainly on my wishlist for quite a while…
Without having it, I miss it…

Can it do the morphing thing? Say, that example vid where the alien machine takes the footprint of a throat-singer - could I gradually morph audio into the throat-singer or is it an all-or-nothing kind of thing? If it can morph...I can see all kinds of possibilities opening up. I will check it out at some point, but I got bogged down in other Cubase toys today...Squasher making loud and endless Valhalla delays echoing into eternity...y'know how that sort of thing goes. Doesn't leave time for other more useful stuff. :hihi:

Trancit wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:53 pm
jens wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:21 pm
Trancit wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:49 pm I don´t think I missed it ever in my life :-)
Seems the temporal banning hasn´t solved the problem with you... are you now the forum police judging what is valuable or not??

Why do you not just let the OP decide if this is valuable for him or not?

Second, why isn´t that valuable information...?

Somebody asks how useful this process is and me as a person with 27 years of experience state, I never missed it in my whole (producing) life... I think that tells far more than all of your theoretical blablabla...

Let´s tell the truth... there are a few (very few) useful applications where spectral cleaning might be the best option... but do I really have to delve into that rabbit hole??

If you like to... why not... do I have to because there are no other ways?? No...never ever!
Most of responses in this thread are more likely this would be a must have and I heartly disagree...

And this was my last word directed to you as you should have been long time on my foe list... it was long overdue but now you made it onto it... bye bye!
><((/•)>

kritikon wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:55 am Can it do the morphing thing? Say, that example vid where the alien machine takes the footprint of a throat-singer - could I gradually morph audio into the throat-singer or is it an all-or-nothing kind of thing? If it can morph...I can see all kinds of possibilities opening up. I will check it out at some point, but I got bogged down in other Cubase toys today...Squasher making loud and endless Valhalla delays echoing into eternity...y'know how that sort of thing goes. Doesn't leave time for other more useful stuff. :hihi:
I would use the fade time in the selection tools.

Return to “Effects”