Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:23 pm Looks really nice 👌 Thanks for sharing 😀
Thanks and you're welcome. I'll try to do more color variations. :tu:

Here's an updated version. I missed a couple of colors (there are perhaps more).

Tek Theme Orange 03.zip

I notice that "Drawable Filters" is a new feature. They're not in the Filter section but under the Osc Knob where Vocode resides. Choose one of the Spectral options and a draw tool pops up and when you click on it you can hand draw shapes. I haven't gotten too far with it so far but it seems to hold promise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:24 pm

Here's an updated version. I missed a couple of colors (there are perhaps more).

Tek Theme Orange 03.zip

I notice that "Drawable Filters" is a new feature. They're not in the Filter section but under the Osc Knob where Vocode resides. Choose one of the Spectral options and a draw tool pops up and when you click on it you can hand draw shapes. I haven't gotten too far with it so far but it seems to hold promise.
This is nicer!
But it would be great to add more colours for the filters and other main sections, so the modulators can be spotted immediately. Polymer colours would be great :)
Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 11.45.47 AM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:31 pm Pigments or Phase Plant instead of Vital?
I have all three so personally I don't have to choose just one ;)

Anyway, for me, I use more Phase Plant, then Pigments then Vital. If I would choose only one, I would choose Phase Plant. However, I like a lot Vital and I already have the Pro version. It worth every cent and it is getting better and better :)

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:50 pm But it would be great to add more colours for the filters and other main sections, so the modulators can be spotted immediately. Polymer colours would be great :)
Thanks, I knew some people would not like the single color but I personally dislike multi-colored GUIs. You can edit it to your liking. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. :)

One of the problems I had was in order to get just the Mod circles to be different colors I would have to make the sections the same color.

I'll keep working on it to see if there is a way to have different color mods while maintaining the overall orange color scheme.

I notice the Portmento slope is purple in your screenshot. It's not here. Did I miss something or?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:14 am
Thanks, I knew some people would not like the single color but I personally dislike multi-colored GUIs. You can edit it to your liking. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. :)
I will try to experiment with it, but I'm not good at that :hihi:
One of the problems I had was in order to get just the Mod circles to be different colors I would have to make the sections the same color.

I'll keep working on it to see if there is a way to have different color mods while maintaining the overall orange color scheme.
Maybe shades of the same colours. I don't know! I'm not a good designer!
I notice the Portmento slope is purple in your screenshot. It's not here. Did I miss something or?
It is there! purple! I thought you forgot something!
I use the VST3 version on Mac, so does it behave different in Windows?

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:00 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:31 pm Pigments or Phase Plant instead of Vital?
I have all three so personally I don't have to choose just one ;)

Anyway, for me, I use more Phase Plant, then Pigments then Vital. If I would choose only one, I would choose Phase Plant. However, I like a lot Vital and I already have the Pro version. It worth every cent and it is getting better and better :)
I'm in exactly the same situation! Great time to be a soft synth user! :tu:

I also have Massive X, but will not mention that again, LOL! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:50 am I'm in exactly the same situation! Great time to be a soft synth user! :tu:

I also have Massive X, but will not mention that again, LOL! :D
I don't have Phase Plant, but since I use Bitwig, the Bitwig instruments and Grid cover anything I might do in Phase Plant and from my perspective, Bitwig does it better.

Vital makes the cut for me as it has some unique functions that I make use of.

emerald_autumn wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:51 pm Does it make sense to own and learn Pigments instead of Vital? Or does Vital for you covers all needs? I'm mostly after ambient pads and fx, not interested in presets at all.
Thanks.
That all comes down to personal preference. To me, Vital makes the most sense (quickest for sound design for me). That's down to my personal preference in UX.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:24 pm

Tek Theme Orange 03.zip

Thanks for sharing!

Where are the color settings for this panel? Can't find them for the life of me.
Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 09.39.26.png

zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:31 pmPigments or Phase Plant instead of Vital?
For me personally Vital for sure. It's just so much fun and a joy to work with. To be fair I only tested the other two briefly. Phase Plant seems extremely powerful to the point of being daunting, at least to my weak sensibilities. Vital is also very powerful yet not nearly as limitless as Phase Plant, and that helps keep me focused. Pigments, like other Arturia plugins, feels excessively resource hungry on my computer which, to be fair, is getting on in years. I'm also a big fan of flat GUIs like Vital's, and there's no doubt that has a significant effect on my enjoyment of a plugin.

A work in progress of my dedicated skin to make Vital sound more analog :hihi:
Asylum Sound Tubes.png

LFO8 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am A work in progress of my dedicated skin to make Vital sound more analog :hihi:
[rad screenshot]
If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to figure out what the different options in the skin editor do? I keep trying to play around with different values but more often then not it doesn't do anything and the option labels are rather cryptic and often partially hidden.

NAD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:44 am
LFO8 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am A work in progress of my dedicated skin to make Vital sound more analog :hihi:
[rad screenshot]
If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to figure out what the different options in the skin editor do? I keep trying to play around with different values but more often then not it doesn't do anything and the option labels are rather cryptic and often partially hidden.
If you click any option (in the colour editor), it will highlight what exactly affected, then you change the colour in the pallete.

LFO8 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am A work in progress of my dedicated skin to make Vital sound more analog :hihi: Asylum Sound Tubes.png
Oh!! This is fire! Very unique! :clap:

pdxindy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:07 pm
mtytel wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 pm The dot shows if that control is midi mapped.
Right click and clear it and it should go away.
You probably know about it, but in case you don't the CLAP version does not display correctly in Bitwig
Yeah I think this is specific to retina macs and CLAP. It's on my list to check out.

Return to “Instruments”