Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

All NI effect plugins just updated to Apple Silicon native.

darkinners wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:18 pm All NI effect plugins just updated to Apple Silicon native.
The only thing that has been updated is Raum.
Last edited by teilo on Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teilo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:58 pm
darkinners wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:18 pm All NI effect plugins just updated to Apple Silicon native.
Just installed all FX are native and working fine

GNXT wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:01 pm
teilo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:58 pm
Just installed all FX are native and working fine
Sorry. I was looking in the wrong tab.

Never thought I’d see the day. Hallelujah!

Question on Waves plugins: is it only the VST3 and AU versions that are M1 native? For some reason, VST2 are showing as bridged in Reaper but I couldn't find reference to that after a quick check on the Waves site and the asaudio.tech page. Otherwise, I'm doing something wrong.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:34 pm Question on Waves plugins: is it only the VST3 and AU versions that are M1 native? For some reason, VST2 are showing as bridged in Reaper but I couldn't find reference to that after a quick check on the Waves site and the asaudio.tech page. Otherwise, I'm doing something wrong.
correct. they deprecated VST2 and are only supporting AU and VST3. it's int he tech specs etc at waves.com

NI's plugin demo downloads are still providing 1.4.2 versions (non-Native). Anyone know when these will be updated to reflect these new 1.4.4 versions?

Audacity ver. 3.2 is now AS native
https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_3.2

how do we find the list of PA plugins that are M1 native? I only find an outdated list from earlier in the year.

dusted william wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:52 am how do we find the list of PA plugins that are M1 native? I only find an outdated list from earlier in the year.
Check on the website in the 1st post, or the way I do it is to download the PA Installer and click the M1 Native button to show all native plugins. You can also show the ones you own by selecting all of your products and then clicking M1 Native.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

why don't they have auto update plugins from PA manager?. I never know if there is a new version. I already have to manually look at the version of the installed plugin and the version that exists in the PA manager to compare whether I need an update. it's unbelievable that it has to be done like this from a multimillion company that simply doesn't want to make a useful PA manager
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

Atlatnesiti wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:47 am Audacity ver. 3.2 is now AS native
https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_3.2
Ridiculous how long this took. That project went to hell when MuseGroup took it over.

FFS. You cannot download the Arm build from their website. It auto-downloads only the Intel build. Not universal. You have to go to the Github releases to get it.

And it now does an extremely slow plugin scan on first launch, in the foreground, before you can even use the app, with tons of plugins crashing and doing pop-ups. No opportunity to enable only certain plugin types. No way to set a VST2 or VST3 plugin path. How is this an improvement?

Oh, and VST and VST3 versions both show up in the menu, with no way to differentiate them. It's so amateur. It's like no thought was given to this.

552 plugins crashed on scan. Scan was 23 minutes. What a sh!t release.

Sonnox Oxford EQ
Sonnox Oxford Dynamics
Sonnox Oxford Reverb
Sonnox Toolbox ListenHub

M1 native
https://www.sonnox.com/news/apple-silic ... d=summer22
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

asstudioton wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:08 pm Sonnox Oxford EQ
Sonnox Oxford Dynamics
Sonnox Oxford Reverb
Sonnox Toolbox ListenHub

M1 native
https://www.sonnox.com/news/apple-silic ... d=summer22
ListenHub has been native since last month. For some reason they listed it twice.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”