NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Does anyone else's Native Access 2 take waaaaaaayy longer to load than v1 ? Previous version was about 10/15 seconds to login and check the status of any possible updates but this new one adds about an additional minute on top of that....

Does one have to update to SC2 manually?

mcbpete wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:21 pm Does anyone else's Native Access 2 take waaaaaaayy longer to load than v1 ? Previous version was about 10/15 seconds to login and check the status of any possible updates but this new one adds about an additional minute on top of that....
Yes, and that really sucks. :evil:

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:06 pm
jules99 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:53 pmBy the way, if you watch the video on NI's support page for NI Access 2, you can clearly see a "Subscription" area. It's not yet visible, when you download and install Access 2 now, but it might point into the direction of Komplete's future.
Never mind Komplete's future, it's Komplete's present. It is for those with a Komplete Now subscription - they talk through it @5.38
You got me there. I supposed, as I did not see the subscription option in the Access 2 version I have installed, that this was a future update/feature. Thanks for the heads-up.

mcbpete wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:21 pm Does anyone else's Native Access 2 take waaaaaaayy longer to load than v1 ? Previous version was about 10/15 seconds to login and check the status of any possible updates but this new one adds about an additional minute on top of that....
Yep. NA2 is extremely slow to start up. The category filters are nice, but otherwise I think it's mostly a regression. The "spacious" UI has poor information density, so the window must be made much larger than before to avoid truncated names; the UI is sluggish in general; and they still didn't add the one feature we actually needed — the ability to uninstall things.

It's a web app (and not a very good one) and it shows.

Thankfully NA1 still works (for now)…however, after installing NA2, I have to log in manually every time I open NA1.
Stormchild

Anyway, waiting for my k14 standard upgrade/update/crossgrade.
For 199EUR it's still quite a deal. Just checking what's new for me

- 19 Massive X expansions (I doubt I'll use them but hey!)
- 6 expansions (at least 2 are quite interesting for what I do)
- Kontakt 7 (worth 0 atm)
- Guitar Rig 6 (don't need it)
- 10 Play instruments (at least some look really good, Playbox f.i.)
- Ozone 10 standard (I have v7 adv already)
- some PA stuff

Still, it's quite a bang for the buck.

Btw, Soul Sessions is the only Play instrument I've ever bought from them separately. One of the worst buys ever. Unusable for what I do. Sounded good, though.

Looks like pre-orders are going to be processed automatically, so those who pre-ordered Komplete 14 should receive emails automatically. It's about 6 hours for me to September 27. I will post here if I get an email or see any new items and updates in Native Access 2.

Why do I feel like we're not going to see silicon support until December 31st?

m-ac wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:28 pm Why do I feel like we're not going to see silicon support until December 31st?
Not sure if it matters to you, but I just opened Native Access 2 and there are 24 updates waiting. All are adding Apple Silicon support (not applicable for me) along with some general bug fixes. It looks like all the updates are for their FX plugins. No signs of Komplete 14 products yet btw. :)

Bummer. Omnia is not present in Komplete Ultimate, only in Collector's Edition. It's a deal breaker for me, as I definitelly could use some decent choir.

Other that that, someone used a nice term to describe it: bananaware. Lots of joyful but irrelevant stuff no one asked for.
Or maybe I already have everything I need and it's difficult for anyone to come up with anything impressive.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Unless you're a full-time professional film composter I don't think anyone could really justify having Ultimate. I can't, so its bananaware for me....and I think a lot of it I have spent more time downloading than using!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

For those Apple Silicon users, you may want to check your Native Access app..
Lots of updates there.
rsp
sound sculptist

SLiC wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:50 pm Unless you're a full-time professional film composter I don't think anyone could really justify having Ultimate. I can't, so its bananaware for me....and I think a lot of it I have spent more time downloading than using!
I am not a film composer, but my main income is from music that I create. I bought collectors edition because of Symphonic Series, and Massive X and Battery expansion's. There are hundreds of well put drum kits. No regrets. But I install only like, 20% of all the stuff, only that I need and actually use. Time from time I download some specific library only for specific project.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 pm
m-ac wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:28 pm Why do I feel like we're not going to see silicon support until December 31st?
Not sure if it matters to you, but I just opened Native Access 2 and there are 24 updates waiting. All are adding Apple Silicon support (not applicable for me) along with some general bug fixes. It looks like all the updates are for their FX plugins. No signs of Komplete 14 products yet btw. :)
Doing a check, yeah it's all their FX plug ins, that's great, I don't recall them even being on the update list for Apple Silicon, so this is especially good news.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 pm
YES!

Return to “Instruments”