Many NI plugins updated for Apple Silicon support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today Native Access brought 23 updates, it seems all of them related to Apple Silicon Support.

Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika & Replika XT, Raum, RC Reverbs, Solid Series and others.

I guess others are coming.

Not good: for some plugins presets created with the new versione become not backward compatible...

- Mario

Which poses the question in which situation you would open a project on an intel mac. Collaboration maybe.

But for myself - once I start exploring the m1‘s limits, there is no way I could run the project on my old machine, anyway. Just not enough POWERRRR
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

While it's a start, the blaring omission of NI's flagship instruments makes this update a bit half-assed. While FM8, Massive, Massive X and Komplete Kontrol are supposed to receive this update sometime in Q4 22 and Battery 4 and Reaktor 6 sometime in q1 23, it's baffling that it has taken them this long. Anyhow, here is to hoping that Komplete 15 will actually bring new soft synths or at least significant updates!

Already ? (kidding obviously). So many little devs managed to do what the big Berlin machine takes so much time to implement.

hangars liquides wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:22 am Already ? (kidding obviously). So many little devs managed to do what the big Berlin machine takes so much time to implement.
Well...it's understandable....

The bean counters have had to get up to speed with all the coding and that takes time 😁
No auto tune...

jules99 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 am While it's a start, the blaring omission of NI's flagship instruments makes this update a bit half-assed.
There is no "omission". These plugins will come.

Can't bring myself to complain. Super pleased that the m1 versions of their plugins are now surfacing — as promised, and free updates. Will be checking regularly for the massive x update!

jules99 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 am While it's a start, the blaring omission of NI's flagship instruments makes this update a bit half-assed. While FM8, Massive, Massive X and Komplete Kontrol are supposed to receive this update sometime in Q4 22 and Battery 4 and Reaktor 6 sometime in q1 23, it's baffling that it has taken them this long. Anyhow, here is to hoping that Komplete 15 will actually bring new soft synths or at least significant updates!
They only just got an intern in that has a Mac, give them a chance.
Duh

Is Komplete Kontrol part of this update or anyone know when an update is due? From what I read, Kontakt 7 is due in October.

I have 25 updates all pretty just M1 support so not bothering (PC User) although I am amazed how many 'known issues' these updates have!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

bungle wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:53 pm
jules99 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 am While it's a start, the blaring omission of NI's flagship instruments makes this update a bit half-assed. While FM8, Massive, Massive X and Komplete Kontrol are supposed to receive this update sometime in Q4 22 and Battery 4 and Reaktor 6 sometime in q1 23, it's baffling that it has taken them this long. Anyhow, here is to hoping that Komplete 15 will actually bring new soft synths or at least significant updates!
They only just got an intern in that has a Mac, give them a chance.
:lol:
No auto tune...

Nice Updates, silicon only, even the old GUI and Bugs are still there.

M2 (Air) Users, could you test 'em, do they work on your machines also? NI still says they don't?

Curious why they would be compatible with M1 but not M2. Makes no sense given the actual differences between M1/M2.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:49 am Curious why they would be compatible with M1 but not M2. Makes no sense given the actual differences between M1/M2.
what are the differences between the M1 and M2?

i thought it's just a different configuration of the same process build but it's like a new architecture?

isn't it sort of like the difference between different intel chips? why would software need to be written especially for each chip iteration?

sincere question btw...

dayjob wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:33 am
rezoneight wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:49 am Curious why they would be compatible with M1 but not M2. Makes no sense given the actual differences between M1/M2.
what are the differences between the M1 and M2?

i thought it's just a different configuration of the same process build but it's like a new architecture?

isn't it sort of like the difference between different intel chips? why would software need to be written especially for each chip iteration?

sincere question btw...
No I hear you...and that was kinda my point. There are no architectural differences that would make their software compatible with one but not the other. So it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Return to “Effects”