NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Has anyone here upgraded to K14 yet? Seems like this version has more sample libraries than anything else, and the majority of forums I've checked out don't seem very thrilled about the upgrade. If so, do you get Kontakt 7 early or does it still not show up until October ? What are your thoughts on Kontakt 7 ?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:05 am Has anyone here upgraded to K14 yet? Seems like this version has more sample libraries than anything else, and the majority of forums I've checked out don't seem very thrilled about the upgrade. If so, do you get Kontakt 7 early or does it still not show up until October ? What are your thoughts on Kontakt 7 ?
I have upgraded, but there is no serial number yet; not sure why this much delay for the pre-orders. Kontakt 7 will be immediately available from today once Komplete 14 serial number is available. It will be available separately in the NI store in October.

Will need to try Kontakt 7 before commenting anything on it. ;)

Thanks for the reply
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I've bought 3rd party and got my email this morning. My first impressions of Kontakt 7 going through the presets is that this is still Beta. Some sounds don't play on highlighted keys on Komplete Kontrol S and there seems to be a sustain bug where some instruments do not release. The release issue seems particularly present on all choirs I have tried, some string samples and I also experienced it on one of the percussion kits as I was playing various notes. The positive is most of the sounds are very high quality with a lot of options for tweaking with various parameters exposed as macros on the front page of the instrument. The instruments are grouped into categories like Synths, Vintage (more synths gone through 'gear' I presume), Orchestral percussion, Band, Acoustic, Colour with their own front page.

Lairyboy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 am My first impressions of Kontakt 7 going through the presets is that this is still Beta.
Wait, I didn't think it was out till next month ?!

Get ready for Massive X alike fiasco? Hope not.

mcbpete wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:08 am
Lairyboy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 am My first impressions of Kontakt 7 going through the presets is that this is still Beta.
Wait, I didn't think it was out till next month ?!
I assume people are getting Kontakt 7 beta (without the label) with Komplete 14 for immediate use and the release version will be available when Kontakt 7 is out separately next month.

It seems to be a mostly there release candidate with a few minor quirks to iron out. You are correct that there is no beta label.

They've probably opened the gates :)

Can't get past logging into SC2.

Lairyboy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 am ... My first impressions of Kontakt 7 going through the presets is that this is still Beta. Some sounds don't play on highlighted keys on Komplete Kontrol S and there seems to be a sustain bug where some instruments do not release. The release issue seems particularly present on all choirs I have tried, some string samples and I also experienced it on one of the percussion kits as I was playing various notes. .....

Hi, are these factory patches? Ni patches or third party?
I am curious to know which patches have these issue. I too have a KK S (61 mk2) and whilst I do have some issues with K7, I haven't noticed this, would love to reproduce them and report them to NI.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Does Ozone get installed through SC or should one get serial number for it?

Depending on the version you buy you get "value-added" extras from iZotope and Plug-in Alliance.

For me, Kontakt 7 finally treating third-party libraries like proper citizens takes away the technical barrier when in the creative workflow and trying out sounds.

Most of the Kontakt libraries included I'd already purchased and used prior, so those always get resold to offset.

I'd agree this is the first one for me that doesn't have a "must have" upgrade that's worth the full update price. We may have hit the saturation point in the plug-in market where unless you're buying new or have a really old version it may not be worth it.

Ozone shows up in Native Access. PA stuff gets voucher codes.

superscan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:24 pm Ozone shows up in Native Access. PA stuff gets voucher codes.
Thanks.

Hi, could someone - who’s already upgraded to 14 - please confirm if I am reading the release notes of Kontakt 7 correctly:

They did not actually update the user interface to Hdpi. They only updated the browser to Hdpi. The actual user interface (modules, effects etc) is still the original 2002 interface and isn’t resizable either.

Thank you

Return to “Instruments”