NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:26 pm
m-ac wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:09 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:24 pm
m-ac wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:02 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:04 pm All good I guess? :)
Not really, that means I'll have to keep K6 installed because NI in their infinite wisdom would assume I want two versions of kontakt installed.
Okay, but I think there are pros and cons of either IMO.
I can't off the top of my head think of any pro's, but I suppose there may be one or two for some obscure setup that someone is running!

A huge con is for those running templates, we now have to go through every single track and update them to use kontakt 7. Bbear in mind some people's templates are hundreds or even thousands of tracks. :help:
I get it, but it is not necessary to do so. You can continue using those templates and just add Kontakt 7 as and when needed. But of course, it's based on individual needs, so some may face annoyance.
And then one day that version no longer works with your OS .

rsp
sound sculptist

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:32 pm ...it’s another terribly disappointing release.
Looks that way :cry:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Perhaps I'm doing this all wrong, but I just installed Kontakt 7 player, and the UI looks great, I choose a sound, double click it, then it goes back to the old Kontakt UI ? Is this really the way the new Kontakt 7 functions? Is it just a UI skin with no real new functionality?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

trusampler wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:36 pm Perhaps I'm doing this all wrong, but I just installed Kontakt 7 player, and the UI looks great, I choose a sound, double click it, then it goes back to the old Kontakt UI ? Is this really the way the new Kontakt 7 functions? Is it just a UI skin with no real new functionality?
Yes.

using K6 in the 'free' Komplete Kontrol offers the same functionality and look (and more features) ...utterly appalling they are trying to make out this is a 'new version' with a bit of skinning and the KK interface as a start page.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Wow, thanks for the reply SLiC, I'm disgusted with the new NI business model. I'll be sticking with v6 and spending my hard earned money with developers like Spectrasonics here on out, which actually bring us fruitful additions through out the life cycle of their products.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

SLiC wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:42 pm
trusampler wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:36 pm Perhaps I'm doing this all wrong, but I just installed Kontakt 7 player, and the UI looks great, I choose a sound, double click it, then it goes back to the old Kontakt UI ? Is this really the way the new Kontakt 7 functions? Is it just a UI skin with no real new functionality?
Yes.

using K6 in the 'free' Komplete Kontrol offers the same functionality and look (and more features) ...utterly appalling they are trying to make out this is a 'new version' with a bit of skinning and the KK interface as a start page.
That's a good way of putting it. They put a start page on Kontakt that isn't actually useful when using it in Komplete Kontrol. I'm actually too amazed to even be disappointed that they call this a v7. Given the interface redesign of Guitar Rig, I really thought they were going to apply a similar style to Kontakt.

Yeah, but don't forget about the whole new engine and codebase in K7 which brings a ton of cpu optimisation and decreased loading times. Oh wait, that hasn't changed since the t-rex was knocking around...

Hi, are these factory patches? Ni patches or third party?
I am curious to know which patches have these issue. I too have a KK S (61 mk2) and whilst I do have some issues with K7, I haven't noticed this, would love to reproduce them and report them to NI.
thanks
rsp
[/quote]

I tried quite a few choir patches again just now and everything seems to be playing as it should. It may be an intermittent bug or perhaps just a one off. I was using bitwig to host.

Ok thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

Seeing this, I think Halion has a much nicer interface. but that's a totally different product.

Is there a Kontakt 7 changelog?
Looked but can't find it.

Were you using a magnifying glass?
Say NO to CLAP!

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:20 pm Is there a Kontakt 7 changelog?
Looked but can't find it.
This is a link to an earlier disucssion in a different forum:
https://audiosex.pro/threads/kontakt-7- ... log.66164/

From the Sampler forum here:
viewtopic.php?t=585737

Copy & pasted:
7.0.0 — 2022-08-17
New HiDPI Browser, Factory Library 2 (first HiDPI content), new effects.
ADDED Fullscreen HiDPI Browser featuring global text search; filter by tag, brand and properties (editable for user-created content), favourite presets for quick access, and import non-player libraries
FIXED Kontakt is HiDPI compatible - correctly sized on high resolution displays
ADDED Two new effects - Psyche Delay and Ring Modulator
CHANGED Locate Libraries has been changed to Manage Libraries and redirects to Native Access
IMPROVED Octave numbers are now shown on the virtual keyboard
IMPROVED Help text now extends to the width of the rack
FIXED Tape Saturator would cut out the signal with sample rates above 192khz
FIXED Output section batch creation would create surround channels instead of stereo
FIXED Edit all buses did not apply to all send effects parameters
FIXED Kontakt would crash when attempting to display special characters
FIXED Kontakt would crash when forcing Wavetable parameters out of range via KSP
FIXED Banks did not have a default file name
FIXED Collection of minor GUI fixes
IMPROVED New empty groups can now also be created from the expert tab context menu
FIXED Group output was not saved in snapshots
FIXED Help tags would be stuck when overlaying controls
IMPROVED Maximum number of declared user zones has been increased to 1024
IMPROVED Empty user zones can now be hidden in the Mapping Editor
FIXED When using auto map in the Mapping Editor Kontakt would not interpret numerical tokens starting with zero
FIXED Zone auto mapping numeric value to single key would not set the root note
IMPROVED Save with absolute sample paths is now off by default and not persistent
IMPROVED Script errors and warnings are now more informative and consistent
IMPROVED KSP Added a getter for $EVENT_PAR_MOD_VALUE_ID
IMPROVED KSP ui_mouse_area now responds to control parameters for Control, Alt and Shift keyboard modifiers
FIXED An issue where Reaper creates mono instead of stereo channels for Kontakt multi outputs
FIXED A crash with Cubase using certain 3rd party libraries
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

^^^
Thanks Saukar30,

Read Kontakt 7 has fixed a few bugs. Hope the fixes reduce or eliminate some of my Homegrown instrument crashing. If I knew these will fix my crashing issue I would spend the money now but if not I would wait for the -50% sale.

Still yet to see or read any details on third party importing and how that works in practice. This video below very briefly suggests at around the timestamp (or 1.30 if it doesn't work) that ALL third party libraries - Player or not - actually appear in their own section, under the Person icon in the search bar:

https://youtu.be/9ui7Nf9U3Y0?t=85

If that's correct, it's actually a bit of a step backwards. Right now you can arrange all the libraries in the order you need, so I group all brass, all piano etc regardless of where they come from. I don't think you can manually arrange in the new browser, but you do have the tags which should more than compensate. However if it is strictly either / or for NI or Third Party, then that's spectacularly unhelpful.

Can anyone with K7 confirm?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”