zebra 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm getting curious about Rebra 1/5
When!?
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Urs, you seem to have had a good run, at least with U-he.
Perhaps it's time to just let Zebra, etc., run their course, take an early retirement and live off the residuals. Maybe get into permaculture or an ecovillage if you haven't already. What do you think? I mean, we'll probably all, at least as a species, be in similar sorts of contexts before long anyway.
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

Early what? :shock:

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:27 pm Early what? :shock:

Please don’t, we’re still waiting on a black faceplate for CVilization :ud:

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:27 pm Early what? :shock:
Oh, I can translate that post if you want. I studied nonsense. :tu:

He said he’d like to get your attention, but he’s nothing that special to say. So he’s saying whatever comes to his mind to make you laugh.

Nothing to worry about anyway. :shrug:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Borbolactic wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:31 pm Urs, you seem to have had a good run, at least with U-he.
Perhaps it's time to just let Zebra, etc., run their course, take an early retirement and live off the residuals. Maybe get into permaculture or an ecovillage if you haven't already. What do you think? I mean, we'll probably all, at least as a species, be in similar sorts of contexts before long anyway.
Lol.. you don't ever retire from a passion!

LFO8 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:37 pm
Borbolactic wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:31 pm Urs, you seem to have had a good run, at least with U-he.
unless your passion is retiring from things...

fisherKing wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:18 pm
But then you would be retiring from things, not your passion (which in that case is retiring from things). :wink:

LFO8 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:58 am
fisherKing wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:18 pm
But then you would be retiring from things, not your passion (which in that case is retiring from things). :wink:
A passion is a thing, so if you retire from your passion of retiring, you will never again retire from anything. No mind-bending required here.

Muahahahah!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Hey guys, we can find new passions. Sometimes passions, when pursued far or long enough, can lose their passion, obsessive compulsive disorders and all that, and notwithstanding.

Urs, if he's like some of us, might like a permanent or semipermanent vacation from coding, computers and/or some kinds of 'design'.

How about designing a garden? A mostly edible one. Many flowers are edible too...
Some fruit, nut and/or other trees here, flowers there (for the bees, hummingbirds, and butterflies, etc.) and edibles over there. Maybe a pond with ducks and/or a chicken coop/area. Learn seed-saving, canning or ethanol distillation. Teach others. Give our societies some self-empowerment back. Learn acoustic music-instrument-making. Form a local orchestra that plays in the gazebo on weekends.

I think we can live with Zebra 2-point-whatever, forever. And/Or switch to Surge/Odin 2. Maybe, if one must, just have Zeeb updated to run on any new hardware once and awhile from the digital gizmo in the sun alongside the edge of the pond or just release the code to the wind...
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

are you an employee at NI, or somewhere else, and pissed that Zebra gets all the attention in the future, present and past, or what? 😂
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Drip Drip Drip
FapFilter wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:39 am are you an employee at NI, or somewhere else, and pissed that Zebra gets all the attention in the future, present and past, or what? 😂
Nope LOL, and you are way off, if in a cute/funny way. I'm a green anarchist. For one, just note my signature quote below.
(I have Zebra, incidentally, but don't use it, if not at the moment anyway.)
Plugins aside for a moment, we are on a sinking ship, Fap, and we have to get off it ASAP. My Urs/garden thing was presented as both amusing and serious. And it includes everyone, not just Urs.
If we are going to make music beforehand, let's make some of it be about that sort of thing, and like the proverbial band that may have kept on playing for as long as it could while the Titanic sank.

Let's play/sing about where we need to actually be as a species/culture.

https://youtu.be/dVjniADLP_k

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FapFilter wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:39 am are you an employee at NI, or somewhere else, and pissed that Zebra gets all the attention in the future, present and past, or what? 😂
😂

Why would he/she be an employee at NI specifically? And why would a NI employee be jealous at Zebra's attention?

Return to “Instruments”