Avoid obeato.com

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Obeato.com is a website so called for musical education.
But if you check out the articles, you will find out this site is trash.
Some examples (original text from this site):

"Piano Rhodes VST plugins are software synthesizers that were designed to replicate the sound of the Hammond organ, Rhodes piano, and Wurlitzer electric piano."

“Paraphrasis is one of the best free sampler vst plugins that you can find on the internet. It offers a wide range of features, which makes it very versatile.”

"...Kanye West does not use DAW or computers to produce music."
two sentences later:
"...He’s also been known to use other audio software, including FL Studio and Ableton Live."

"There are many types of VST plugins...Here are four of the most common types:
-Audio Unit..."

And so on, the bullshit-density on this site is remarkable. :D
I wrote this because I want to warn newbies, not to trust in the "informations" at this site.
Check out the KVR Forum if you need help or read articles from trustworthy sites like Landr.

Kind regards!
Christian

Maybe it's more effective to write a review here, since it's often checked by people that want to be informed but don't know where exactly to look (like here at KVR Audio) :
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/obeato.com
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

As a side note, I am finding more and more "articles" on the net that appear to me to be written by bots, or perhaps people whose command of the English language isn't all that great. I really suspect bots though, because much of the material in these articles is so generic that it is of almost no help to anyone. Some, I suspect, are bots that are recommending products that the advertisers are paying to have advertised. I see this in articles like "Best DAWs for 2022", or things of that ilk. The articles certainly don't read like they were actually written by anyone who had actually used the product and could comment about specific pros and cons.

elviecho wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:34 am "...Kanye West does not use DAW or computers to produce music."
two sentences later:
"...He’s also been known to use other audio software, including FL Studio and Ableton Live."
There's no conflict there once you concede that Kanye doesn't produce music.
Last edited by jamcat on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:58 am
elviecho wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:34 am "...Kanye West does not use DAW or computers to produce music."
two sentences later:
There's no conflict there once you concede that Kanye doesn't produce music.
One of the most successful producers ever without actually producing huh ?

No, just without producing actual music.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I'll always love Kanye's first album, what a masterpiece.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

So now they employ bot tactics. Two raving 4 & 5 star reviews on trustpilot, now this.
And the site is awful indeed:
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 11.58.19.png
I liked anything?? Did not! :tantrum:

Just go here instead: https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-le ... ne-manual/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

purplepat69 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:19 pm As a side note, I am finding more and more "articles" on the net that appear to me to be written by bots, or perhaps people whose command of the English language isn't all that great. I really suspect bots though, because much of the material in these articles is so generic that it is of almost no help to anyone. Some, I suspect, are bots that are recommending products that the advertisers are paying to have advertised. I see this in articles like "Best DAWs for 2022", or things of that ilk. The articles certainly don't read like they were actually written by anyone who had actually used the product and could comment about specific pros and cons.
It's been going on for years. I've found sections of articles that wrote spliced up with other texts on websites that look like they were also built by bots. Really sickening on a design level. Truly offensive stuff.

Never bothered to report any of it because the websites are so poor that anyone would flee for fear of catching something.

Thank you, Internet. :tu:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”