How many of you are getting the Osmose?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am pretty sure I am going to get one, I was looking at a percussion controller anyway (was even considering Nord Drum) and this seems like it is good for drums (even with sticks) and also melodic (although I suspect I will still prefer keys for the most part based on past experiences including selling my linnstrument!). Its a bonus that you can configure it top do other things- I use Morph for things like 4x X/Y pads in Zebra as much as an keyboard (it also has an app to build stuff) so this may just do it all....may be I finally have a digital handpan controller :-) Be great if they did a good script for Bitwig but I also use Live and it seems well set up for that with a dedicated script and even max device's

https://youtu.be/GrqM9NE2P2E
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The generic script in Bitwig works just fine…

Is this coming out soon?

We (early bird pre orders) are still waiting…we haven’t been asked for the final payment so I guess no time soon….
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Getting closer...email today saying expecting to ship December...new video of production units...

https://youtu.be/2lAdT6XyVXI

SLiC wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:21 pm We (early bird pre orders) are still waiting…we haven’t been asked for the final payment so I guess no time soon….
Pity the early bird offer isn’t on any more

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:07 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:21 pm We (early bird pre orders) are still waiting…we haven’t been asked for the final payment so I guess no time soon….
Pity the early bird offer isn’t on any more
Ha, early bird! several year later.... :cry:

True but it seems you can't buy it at all currently

Makes sense that the get the pre orders out first I suppose, I suspect once they know they have production sorted and have the money in for the units they have made (we all only paid a deposit) they will ramp up production and take more orders..

It is without a doubt the most unique and possibly game changing synth for many years…and not prohibitively expensive, not just (probably) the best MPE controller, but a true MPE synth.

It's way too big and ugly.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yet, another email for a "delayed Christmas present"?

SLiC wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:28 pm It is without a doubt the most unique and possibly game changing synth for many years…and not prohibitively expensive, not just (probably) the best MPE controller, but a true MPE synth.
The first and only MPE hardware synth

pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:22 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:28 pm It is without a doubt the most unique and possibly game changing synth for many years…and not prohibitively expensive, not just (probably) the best MPE controller, but a true MPE synth.
Continuum Fingerboard? Built in synth engine (same as Osmose?) on MPE Board

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:46 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:22 pm
Continuum Fingerboard? Built in synth engine (same as Osmose?) on MPE Board
I thought about mentioning it... I have one of the original half-size Continuums.

It's a bit grey, but for me the Continuum falls on the side of being a dedicated controller.

The Osmose has more physical controls and a screen (the new version of the Continuum now has a small screen) and more facility to tweak a sound. They both require a software editor to fully design presets so neither are quite a fully standalone synth.

I’m in that early bird lark, I wonder what will turn up first, my Osmose or Avalon.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”